Why Update to 1.7

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. Theoretical, he could be banned, but it doesn't seem to say anything in the rules about impersonating other people, but I doubt Jaded would stand for it.

Very true. BTW, you said theoretical, I think you meant theoreticalLY. It threw me off the first time reading it. I personally don't understand why bioxx would even come here. He has enough problems with his own forum and "mod." (it's really just an entirely different game based on what remains of MC's engine) His mod is really not compatible with 90% of the good forge mods, and the only benefit I see of him posting here is brand awareness.

Reactions: Padfoote

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
Very true. BTW, you said theoretical, I think you meant theoreticalLY. It threw me off the first time reading it. I personally don't understand why bioxx would even come here. He has enough problems with his own forum and "mod." (it's really just an entirely different game based on what remains of MC's engine) His mod is really not compatible with 90% of the good forge mods, and the only benefit I see of him posting here is brand awareness.
Pft, I didn't misspell that, you must of looked at it wrong ;P (no way I just edited it)

I'm tired right now though, anything that comes out of me is made using much less brain-power.

I don't know anything about Bioxx, but I don't see him coming here unless they make a TFC pack on here.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Pft, I didn't misspell that, you must of looked at it wrong ;P (no way I just edited it)

I'm tired right now though, anything that comes out of me is made using much less brain-power.

I don't know anything about Bioxx, but I don't see him coming here unless they make a TFC pack on here.

Nice save, but my post still has the original. Who will they believe, a popular member, or an active member?

BTW, a TFC pack DOES sound good

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
Nice save, but my post still has the original. Who will they believe, a popular member, or an active member?

BTW, a TFC pack DOES sound good
Well, you have no avatar and therefor no face, so we cannot trust you :p

Actually, TFC is open-sourced (I think) so we could do that.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you have no avatar and therefor no face, so we cannot trust you :p

Actually, TFC is open-sourced (I think) so we could do that.

Actually, I use a blank avatar as a reference to the original FusionFall forums. There was a guy there named Shoejuggler, he was very famous and helped out the community. Plus, I find a blank picture is more cool.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Actually, I use a blank avatar as a reference to the original FusionFall forums. There was a guy there named Shoejuggler, he was very famous and helped out the community. Plus, I find a blank picture is more cool.
It's more challenging to remember someone without a picture... I became significantly more popular after I got a avi

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
It's more challenging to remember someone without a picture... I became significantly more popular after I got a avi
Yeah, to be honest, for me everyone who has a blank picture is the same person in my mind. Except Immibis, only because of his mod author title.

Edit: In case you haven't guessed, my avatar is based off my cool looking skin :3

Last edited:

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, to be honest, for me everyone who has a blank picture is the same person in my mind. Except Immibis, only because of his mod author title.

Edit: In case you haven't guessed, my avatar is based off my cool looking skin :3

Ah okay, it's a cool skin I must say. Now if only I knew jrsOldsman's avatar. Sadly, the fusionfall forums closed down quite some time ago. :/

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
The thing is, it's seriously that simple, and everyone has explained it to you many times.
I don't believe it. I'm not a modder but I am a programmer with over 30 years of experience. The missing piece of the puzzle to me is, how does Minecraft maintain consistent block IDs from one run to the next? And don't tell me there are no block IDs any more, the Anvil format is still used to store worlds. Maybe it stores a Mod.Name-to-ID translation table in the world save file?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I don't believe it. I'm not a modder but I am a programmer with over 30 years of experience. The missing piece of the puzzle to me is, how does Minecraft maintain consistent block IDs from one run to the next? And don't tell me there are no block IDs any more, the Anvil format is still used to store worlds. Maybe it stores a Mod.Name-to-ID translation table in the world save file?
Instead of using a numerical identifier, it uses mod.item format to store in string format.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
So save files are now well over ten times bigger than they used to be? Instead of four pieces of stone being stored as 1,1,1,1 it is now Minecraft.Stone,Minecraft.Stone,Minecraft.Stone,Minecraft.Stone? I smell nonsense.

Its stored as 1,1,1,1, but there is now a mapping table that says 1 = Minecraft.Stone.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Its stored as 1,1,1,1, but there is now a mapping table that says 1 = Minecraft.Stone.
In the save file? Thanks. It had to be, really. As the saying goes, "there are no problems in computing that cannot be solved by adding a layer of abstraction" (apart from the problem of too many layers of abstraction).