Why isn't this working?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
O

Orangeese

The issue I have is trying to make all the armor/weapons dropped from mobs to go from the Large Storage to the Trashcan. I have my network part setup properly, I've got the basic filter set to whitelist the stuff I want trashed, all other settings are default on the basic filter, the filter is added to the filter slot in the trashcan, no filters are in the conduits. My issue is getting the trash out of the storage bin and into the trashcan.
ijQcbQJ.png

dt13rPR.png

The basic filter setup:
5CYACIi.png

The contents in the Storage Crate; 3 should go to trash and 1 stay but none have moved.
8VYDT7z.png

untouched transfer node settings on both:
rjp6St0.png

Tombe0

Jul 29, 2019
In the filter you have "Match NBT" and "Match Meta" , ie. only items that exactly match those set in filter are allowed through, turn those both off and then any armor piece / weapon matching the filtered item gets pulled.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
In the filter you have "Match NBT" and "Match Meta" , ie. only items that exactly match those set in filter are allowed through, turn those both off and then any armor piece / weapon matching the filtered item gets pulled.

^This.

If you have a sword that has half damage and one with no damage then they are not the same item (I don't know if that's stored in Meta or NBT).

Also, you will have to specify all of the types of that item... Wooden, Stone, Iron and Diamond swords are all different items to the filter.

If you turn off the "Match" buttons then all the filter sees is "Wooden Sword" no matter how damaged it is.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
^This.

If you have a sword that has half damage and one with no damage then they are not the same item (I don't know if that's stored in Meta or NBT).

Also, you will have to specify all of the types of that item... Wooden, Stone, Iron and Diamond swords are all different items to the filter.

If you turn off the "Match" buttons then all the filter sees is "Wooden Sword" no matter how damaged it is.
Good spot!

Quick question: can you still nest filters in ExU2?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
You CAN still nest filters in ExU2 and AFAIK it's the only way to do so. It's the one thing I miss when usiong TD pipes as the resonant retrievers/servos are as high as it goes, with 15 slots and that's that. I tried and unfortunately, the ExU2 filters don't work on other mods' pipe systems (or specifically not TD) :(

And echoing the rest of the thread, just for added support. I've built this exact thing multiple times with the same pipes. Ignore NDT and metadata, that let's damaged and enchanted items through, and get rid of that extra transfer node on the trash can, though I don't know if that's causing any problems or not. 100% positive on the rest, though.

Edit: And instead of trashing them consider saving a bunch and building an army of dummies! :p

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
You CAN still nest filters in ExU2 and AFAIK it's the only way to do so. It's the one thing I miss when usiong TD pipes as the resonant retrievers/servos are as high as it goes, with 15 slots and that's that. I tried and unfortunately, the ExU2 filters don't work on other mods' pipe systems (or specifically not TD) :(

And echoing the rest of the thread, just for added support. I've built this exact thing multiple times with the same pipes. Ignore NDT and metadata, that let's damaged and enchanted items through, and get rid of that extra transfer node on the trash can, though I don't know if that's causing any problems or not. 100% positive on the rest, though.

Edit: And instead of trashing them consider saving a bunch and building an army of dummies! :p
Actually Additions filters can also be nested, but I've never dared have a go at its item transport system :p Maybe one day!

Reactions: Drbretto

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Oh, good to know. I've never tried it either. I didn't even know it had one! lol

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Oh, good to know. I've never tried it either. I didn't even know it had one! lol
Yep, as well as energy lasers it also has item lasers and fluid lasers!

EDIT: I learned about the filters when having a go with the Traveler's Sack, which is a nice little item.

O

Orangeese

ecZs7Wk.png

ignored meta and nbt as mentioned, however it still doesn't want to send the items to the trash:

Ay28E3o.png

tried removing one of the nodes, first from the Tcan then the storage unit but that didn't work either
zPPnQ1O.png

then removed both Transfer Nodes and still nothing happens:
N36SpQ9.png

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Where are you putting that filter if you removed the transfer node from the storage crate?

The transfer node would definitely need to be on the storage crate, with that filter in it, connected to the trash can. That should be the correct configuration. If you're putting the filter on the can itself, it won't push anything into it.

Reactions: Orangeese

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Because I'm bored at work:

Code:
[]}---T
  ^-- Filter

[] = crate
} = Transfer node
T =trash can

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I doubt its an issue with the filter. Based on your inventory and map it looks like Skyfactory to me. Mob spawning in Skyfactory is insane. The mobs are giving more loot and dying faster than the filter can extract. Add some speed upgrades to the filter to improve extraction.