Why farm Mana Beans?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
No, that is just a new PotionEffect.

As best as I can ensure.

Yes.

Not with MC-level medicine.
MC Level? You're adding a nuclear fusion reactor to MC, as realistic as possible, and then you break into things like this. You build a super realistic mod and throw all logic out the window on occasion because it's Minecraft. Forgive me if I seem upset, but it's kind of grating to see a great mod with amazing features dragged down by the occasional "fuck real life physics and logic, this is Minecraft" being used to turn down requests when it's just so alien to your project to me.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
MC Level? You're adding a nuclear fusion reactor to MC, as realistic as possible, and then you break into things like this. You build a super realistic mod and throw all logic out the window on occasion because it's Minecraft. Forgive me if I seem upset, but it's kind of grating to see a great mod with amazing features dragged down by the occasional "fuck real life physics and logic, this is Minecraft" being used to turn down requests when it's just so alien to your project to me.
I would need to implement real radiation sickness treatment, which would be a whole additional module to the mod better placed in its own mod.

Also, by "MC Level", I do not mean "game logic", but "primitive".

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
They're also a nice way to get precisely the right amount of aspects into a crucible recipe, especially some of those oddball ones that require multiples of 5.

I was watching Soaryn's twitch channel a few days ago while DW was recording, and in upcoming DW20 Server series episodes he'll be using Computercraft to inventory the essences in his Thaumcraft jars on a large screen, which will allow the user to request specific essences to be refilled by processing beans grown in the automated bean farm.

I'm new to Lua but I've done enough programming to know it should be possible to modify the program to maintain a minimum level of each essence in the jars.

Last edited:

CreepaCatcha

Jul 29, 2019
Spoiler Alert:
I was watching Soaryn's twitch channel a few days ago while DW was recording, and in upcoming DW20 Server series episodes he'll be using Computercraft to inventory the essences in his Thaumcraft jars on a large screen, which will allow the user to request specific essences to be refilled by processing beans grown in the automated bean farm.

I'm new to Lua but I've done enough programming to know it should be possible to modify the program to maintain a minimum level of each essence in the jars.

Reactions: kaovalin

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Why farm Mana Beans? Some of the aspects are hard to come by. Exanimis, I think, is quite rare. Perfodio is hard to come by in Magic Farm 2.
examinis is on rotten flesh, but sano in my opinion is hard to come by, it's only on healing potions, and buckets of milk.

Neither of which stack for nice processing.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
examinis is on rotten flesh, but sano in my opinion is hard to come by, it's only on healing potions, and buckets of milk.

Neither of which stack for nice processing.

If buckets of milk have it, do wax/aluminum cans of milk have it too? MFR can easily get the milk from the cows automatically.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
If I remember correctly, capsules & cans don't contain any aspects.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I will have a second look then. In TE3 I used wax capsules and ambrosia for certain aspects. Maybe this wasnt reassigned in TE4 or just not configured.