Why do people quarry in the Deep Dark?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SynysterBear

Jul 29, 2019
Enderquarry in the deep dark is awesome. I think you may have come across a unlucky sector.

Sent from Space, Ireland

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
The reason why I disabled Hellfish is because I would rather not kill my computer, I have an Ender Quarry running there, and I want to be able to visit the Nether.

Edit: Also, I just want to say, why do people get upset over this? I'm in a Single Player world, you are NEVER effected.

Hito_

Jul 29, 2019
Well tha
The reason why I disabled Hellfish is because I would rather not kill my computer, I have an Ender Quarry running there, and I want to be able to visit the Nether.
Is fair enough. . .makes sense to me

null123

Mar 27, 2014
#BecauseBnB
^ And THAT is a result of
#BecauseEyamaz
Everything is the fault of those two hashtags.
(#BecauseEyamaz exists because he invented BnB so thus, #BecauseBnB is his fault :p)
@Eyamaz EVIL I SAY, EVIL!!! (But very fun :p)

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I went to the deep dark once. It was laggy for me in SSP. I didn't go back. You also have the Ender Quarry which comes from the same mod. It allows you to quarry without leaving the unsightly holes in he overworld. So there's that.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I shall have to investigate this mod further! Powercrystal's?

... right after my computer comes back from its strike because of RC.

wildchild

Jul 29, 2019
Did someone say that deep dark has higher ore rate than overworld? This is false, it has the normal distribution rate of the overworld.. you can even look it up, the ftb wiki itself states that it has the normal distribution also indicating if the overworld is a skyblock world for example it probably won't have ores depending on configurations

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Did someone say that deep dark has higher ore rate than overworld? This is false, it has the normal distribution rate of the overworld.. you can even look it up, the ftb wiki itself states that it has the normal distribution also indicating if the overworld is a skyblock world for example it probably won't have ores depending on configurations

Actually, everyone was saying that there was a higher ore spawn rate in May 2014. Things may have changed in the intervening 4 years :D

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
I know when the DeepDark was first introduced I remember having to upgrade my ore processing plant twice to keep up. The Spawn rate was silly.