Where is the line between contraption and exploit?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
How would you have time for sex when your biofuel production isn't worked out yet?

Exactly MY point! Or as my wife likes to remind me: "Cocoabeans" from when I spent a few hours that I should have spent sleeping planning out my (vanilla) cocoabean farm.

Reactions: jumpfight5

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I think being able to place wood blocks without having to make Deployers is OP, because it helps me reach my goal of building a house.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly MY point! Or as my wife likes to remind me: "Cocoabeans" from when I spent a few hours that I should have spent sleeping planning out my (vanilla) cocoabean farm.
"If you'd like to make me cookies yourself, I'll be happy turning this off ;)"

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, and don't cross the "well get your significant other involved too!" line either. Then you'll end up with hours of fabulous observations like "you're using an even number of blocks in the structure wall, your machines won't end up symmetric" "can't you cover up that Liquid DNA tank, it's hideous" "I think your moonbase needs a nice tree right here so you can have oxygen" and "you should use magenta instead of purple to represent violet in your rainbows".

Needless to say I may have created a Mystcraft End age, covered it with rainbow trees, bunnies, and penguins, and locked him there for a while. Thank you XCompWiz for the teleport lock admin functions being added.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, and don't cross the "well get your significant other involved too!" line either. Then you'll end up with hours of fabulous observations like "you're using an even number of blocks in the structure wall, your machines won't end up symmetric" "can't you cover up that Liquid DNA tank, it's hideous" "I think your moonbase needs a nice tree right here so you can have oxygen" and "you should use magenta instead of purple to represent violet in your rainbows".

Needless to say I may have created a Mystcraft End age, covered it with rainbow trees, bunnies, and penguins, and locked him there for a while. Thank you XCompWiz for the teleport lock admin functions being added.
I would very much like to see a pic of your rainbow end :p
that sounds a lot dirtier than it should...

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
The line is personal opinion.

And then there's multiplayer and forums, wherein those opinions clash and lead to arguments.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
I would very much like to see a pic of your rainbow end :p
that sounds a lot dirtier than it should...

Discarding innuendo for the moment, the only issue I have with the "End World" symbol is the island it makes is a bit disappointing size-wise, although acceptable for prison purposes.

WARNING! If after viewing this you have second thoughts about rainbows, ponies, members of the same sex, members of the opposite sex, or wearing white after Labor Day, you may need to consult a physician:

2013-03-25_17.32.28.png

Reactions: YX33A

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Not going to read yet another "OP this OP that" thread, but I wanted to give my input on the first post.
Example:
Direwolf's new mining system.
For those that are unaware, this is a frame machine, moving a number of BC mining wells, powered by tesseract, connected to a RP boiler, supplied by a blaze farm, peat farm and SC2 tree farm (biofuel). It uses turtles to break and replace the miners each cycle, in order to move them.

The result is a continuous quarry system, with a 15ish long line going to bedrock in about 30 seconds.

This uses a number of mods with other mods, and there isn't any way that the system could have been envisaged when the mods were produced. Is this OP, or an exploit?
Neither. Since BC Miners have no limit to their energy input, technically you could do that with BC alone, atlhough you'd need to move the Miner by yourself.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Discarding innuendo for the moment, the only issue I have with the "End World" symbol is the island it makes is a bit disappointing size-wise, although acceptable for prison purposes.

WARNING! If after viewing this you have second thoughts about rainbows, ponies, members of the same sex, members of the opposite sex, or wearing white after Labor Day, you may need to consult a physician:

that hurts my eyes XD

Reactions: Vauthil

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
the only line i (continually) cross is when my fiance screams, "IF YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING THAT GODDAMN GAME RIGHT NOW, IT'LL BE NO SEX FOR A MONTH!"

:D

This is why I married a gamer.

I just yell back "GET YOUR BUTT IN GAME I NEED A HAND WITH THIS"

For MMOs we make a really good Tank and Healer combo making it possble to duo most games content.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
This is why I married a gamer.

I just yell back "GET YOUR BUTT IN GAME I NEED A HAND WITH THIS"

For MMOs we make a really good Tank and Healer combo making it possble to duo most games content.
Just don't introduce your significant other to Mass Effect. Otherwise the screaming may never stop.
Then again, I didn't so much nudge Katie into playing it, so much as I said "HEY KATIE LOOK AT THIS REALLY AWESOME GAME LOOK AT IT YES LET'S WRITE THINGS IN THIS UNIVERSE" and then a few months later it's Christmas and I'm buying it for her on Steam and BOOM. I've created a FABULOUS, HUSK-KILLING, BEACON-FINDING monster. Who has just recently saved the galaxy.
Her mother doesn't approve of all the shooting, though.

That's prettyyyyyyyy. Why would you hate that? :c