What's Your Favorite Mod?

Jul 29, 2019
Hard to pick one favorite. I couldn't play minecraft anymore with just one or two mods, let alone vanilla.

Another question that gets me stuck when picking a favorite is do I give credit to the "original" mod that had an idea first, or the later one that changed and improved on it? (for example, buildcraft pipes versus RP2 tubes)

If I had to pick one favorite mod? Probably RedPower, by Eloraam. Yes, this mod is so controversial because of it's closed source nature and update schedule. But remember that if it wasn't that good, people would just drop it and move on. Frames, tubes, advanced circuits, and microblocks all in one package.

Other favorite mods: applied energistics, thermal expansion, steve's carts, minefactory reloaded, and computercraft. Many more I love, but these are my top ones.

rushfan43

Jul 29, 2019
Mine are IC2, GregTech, ExtraBees, and Applied Energistics. GregTech or AE would be my pick if i had to choose one.

camobunny101

Jul 29, 2019
my favorite would be Greg-tech, there are a lot of mods i like but the reason i like Greg-tech is cause the ingots, dusts, blocks and stuff have colored outlines :/

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Industrialcraft 2.

It an equal if not larger amount of items and blocks and things to do than RP2 does. (I'm only bringing in RP2 because most people give RP2 the award of having the most stuff in it)

You have ale brewing, crops (early bees, also quite a bit more advanced than bees in some cases), more than a solar panel a thermopile and a windmill in terms of energy generation, the second mod to ever implement power (first being BC, unless it didn't have conductive pipes back then, if it didn't then IC2 would be first), a complicated nuclear reactor minigame, the first mod to implement both ranged and melee weapons to use energy and be configurable and awesome, the first mod to ever implement armor that uses energy and also one of the first mods to implement armor that helps with mobility, elevators (yes there are elevators, although they might just be magnetized iron poles), etc. etc.

If you don't believe me on any of those things go look in the IC2 wiki. It's quite outdated in terms of downloads but its information is up to date as far as I can tell.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion and Modular Power Suits. Thaumcraft also has some really nice stuff.

TE is a a well-thought-out mod that lets you do industrial stuff and buildcrafty stuff in a non-laggy, Greg-free way.

MPS is, well... stupidly overpowered on easymode, but it has a hardmode to craft and it adds a lot of fun stuff.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
(first being BC, unless it didn't have conductive pipes back then, if it didn't then IC2 would be first)

The original IndustrialCraft was first to have power. I remember reading about how cool it was, but never getting it to work on my Minecraft install before it became ICSquared. That was... what, two or three years ago now? Damn, it's been a long time.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft (+some addons) and Thermal expansion. Oh and the inventory/chest sorting of inv tweaks, con't live without it :)

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I used to think that Redpower 2 was my favorite mod. I was unwavering in that regard. But then long update times and little to no communication weakened my resolve. And then I found Minefactory Reloaded. ;)

cloudbyday90

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry early game (barrels), IC2 for early adoption of machines and power, Xycraft (tanks to store molten redstone and ender) along with the liquid transposer, and Computercraft (turtles early on, then quarries), and slowly working towards applied energetics.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry early game (barrels), IC2 for early adoption of machines and power, Xycraft (tanks to store molten redstone and ender) along with the liquid transposer, and Computercraft (turtles early on, then quarries), and slowly working towards applied energetics.

Forestry doesnt add barrels, your thinking of factorization

Reactions: dgdas9

Cursey

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower 2
Gregtech (for it's massive gameplay boost)
Railcraft (the most well-balanced mod i've ever played.)