Whats the drawback for being a bat with morph?!

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Some great solutions here, but the obvious seems to be missing.

Disable the mod.

Problem solved. Cheers. Mod is no longer impeding your rewarding gameplay. Yay!

In all seriousness, if you want to keep the mod, do what DW20 does and don't use the bat form.

MrKunji

Jul 29, 2019
I heard a rumour that you would get something like Blindness III when morphed as a bat in future versions, but as the future versions have come with basically no nerf I am thinking the rumour was not true.
It would turn it a little nice, as real life bats gets blind at sunlight, so Blindness III when on light level above 13 or maybe 14

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
for some reason this thread makes me want to create a thread about how OP forge multipart is...
Obviously it is OP, I mean you can hide pipings with it to make your base look nice and tidy. And you do not need a power infrastructure to do it! Hiding stuffs should require an a machine that requires loads of power to think about!

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Obviously it is OP, I mean you can hide pipings with it to make your base look nice and tidy. And you do not need a power infrastructure to do it! Hiding stuffs should require an a machine that requires loads of power to think about!
Well, I know glowstone nooks allow you to get 32 glowstone-level light sources from one block of glowstone. And it doesn't impede your movement, yet mobs have no idea how to path over/around it. I'm sure similar multiplications are possible.

Reactions: PierceSG

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I know glowstone nooks allow you to get 32 glowstone-level light sources from one block of glowstone. And it doesn't impede your movement, yet mobs have no idea how to path over/around it. I'm sure similar multiplications are possible.
Thanks for the tip, now to make a barrier around my base with glowstone nooks/corners. ;)

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
and when you build in mountain or underground you can use up to 8(!) times less material using panels instead of full blocks.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that's usually not very useful, unless you're using storage blocks or something. Which, personally, I think it's actually a good thing to make storage blocks more useful for building, makes people feel more creative before the point of infinite resources.

I suppose it might be useful for things like marble, though... Even then, I fail to see how it's over powered.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that's usually not very useful, unless you're using storage blocks or something. Which, personally, I think it's actually a good thing to make storage blocks more useful for building, makes people feel more creative before the point of infinite resources.

I suppose it might be useful for things like marble, though... Even then, I fail to see how it's over powered.
If forge multipart:
image.jpg

Reactions: PierceSG

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019

It's a joke. . .
And you're ruining it! D:

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
I DO find one drawback when flying as a bat -- mainly the TiC hammer / excavator will get buggy. Sometimes only mines 1 block, sometimes mines the wrong direction.

Very small price to pay for the power of flight.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
It's Not the movement that's unbalanced it's the being able to bow things down while flying above them indefinitely that's the problem. It just needs to be unable to use items while flying.
It really doesn't. Morph gives us a nice, fun, thematic, and low-cost flight option. There are plenty of high-cost, technical, resource-consuming, and difficult to attain flight methods out there. Let people have the fun one and skip using it.

I ended up using Morph more for the squid than the bat. I wish I could find a good early-to-mid game replacement for underwater shenanigans. I know there is a Mariculture mod out there, but I'm trying not to screw around with mods that add world gen too much.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
I ended up using Morph more for the squid than the bat. I wish I could find a good early-to-mid game replacement for underwater shenanigans. I know there is a Mariculture mod out there, but I'm trying not to screw around with mods that add world gen too much.

IC2 has scuba helmets. You'll need a metal former to make cells, and a compressor to refill them with air, and that's about it.

Reactions: HeffronCM

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
I guess soon people will use it only for construction of base. One of the problem of morph it excludes huge chunks of game mechanics. Flying was always some kind of high end reward in technical-magical mods. To be able to fly in MPS with TE3 is insanely expensive, TC is extremely boring and so on. With morph you need to do nothing, no need in technical or magical mods, no needs in ladders and so on.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think so. People tend to be Steve most of the time (At least I do - the bat is so small and I hate that slipping part of the flight-movement) and switching into bat form just to change floor is too time consuming.
Being able to fly as Steve is still desireable methinks.

jonesybluebird

Jul 29, 2019
I love morphing into a bat it allows me to be far more creative with my builds and saves me time using scaffolding etc I only really use it for building.

I noticed the other night wisps are far more OP than bats, they have the flying and hostile abilities.

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
Im sure there is a config option that disables flight until you've reached the Nether. Its useless though, again, you don't need to do anything to get the flight ability, you just kill a bat and go to a nether portal which is neccessary to progress in Minecraft.
But personally, I dont mind its opness. I use it for adventuring/building. Everyone plays Minecraft his way - some like progression and tiering (e. g. GregTech) but for me its a sandbox game where I use everything every mod has to offer.
In my Magical modpack I use (please dont hurt me) RottenFleshToLeather for Backpacks.