What's new in modded minecraft today?

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
Pneumaticcraft is adding a useful block :)
BuWeWigIMAAYC8Q.png:large
And I got my mod author tag :D

masa

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently posting about my own mod updates is also allowed here, so here goes, if anyone happens to be interested.

masa (@maruohon) (yeah it's me) has a couple of new updates for Ender Utilities, since it was first covered by Bevo in his Modded News a few weeks back, after Modjam 4.

masa said:
Changelog

2014-08-05: 1.7.10-0.3.0:
- Added: Ender Bag is now finished.
- Added: Ender Furnace is now functional and mostly ready.
- Some code clean-up in various places.

2014-07-23: 1.7.10-0.2.0:
- Lots of fixes and code cleanup all around.
- Improved: The teleport code should be a lot better now, and now also works for players and mounted mobs, even cross-dimensionally.
- Improved: Ender Bow now has a second mode: Teleport self. Change between the two using the Toggle Mode hotkey.
- Improved/added: The Ender Bow can now be repaired in an anvil using diamonds.
- Fixed: Ender Bucket: Fixed some bugs and dupe issues with mod fluids, and also the non-flowing vanilla source blocks issue (due to rewriting most of it, see below).
- Improved: Ender Bucket: Now has the fancy fluid texture and amount rendering that I originally visioned for it.
- Improved: Ender Bucket: Should now handle mod fluids properly. Also now works with mod tanks.
- Improved: Ender Bucket now works as a furnace fuel source, when filled with some lava.
- Improved: Added a custom packet for effects, thus sounds and particles should now work both on the original and the destination location.
- Added: Mob Harness, allows mounting mobs/players to mobs/players, see Items for better description.
(- Ender Furnace: Some progress. Can smelt things, but doesn't have the proper functionality nor any progress bars/effects yet, and thus disabled for release.)
- Changed: You don't get the Ender Arrows back anymore, when they teleport something. It makes the bow more of a luxury item compared to the Lasso and the re-usable Ender Pearl.
- Changed: Some recipe changes. Most if not all of them are still temporary, I have some plans for them in the future.

Might not seem like much from the user's point of view, but took insane amount of hours spent/wasted from my part, because I'm still very much just learning everything when it comes to modding, and also Java...

Let's include some screenshots of the new stuff:
Ender Bucket:
FnEfrSt.png

Ender Furnace:
lJASGAF.png

PoXxYVX.png

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently posting about my own mod updates is also allowed here, so here goes, if anyone happens to be interested.

masa (@maruohon) (yeah it's me) has a couple of new updates for Ender Utilities, since it was first covered by Bevo in his Modded News a few weeks back, after Modjam 4.

Might not seem like much from the user's point of view, but took insane amount of hours spent/wasted from my part, because I'm still very much just learning everything when it comes to modding, and also Java...

Let's include some screenshots of the new stuff:
Ender Bucket:
FnEfrSt.png

Ender Furnace:
lJASGAF.png

PoXxYVX.png

yup, mod authors are totally allowed to post updates concerning their mods
same goes for new mods/mod developers who are also allowed to post their mods and updates

masa

Jul 29, 2019
While we are at plugging ones own stuff, might as well post about my other mod, Multishot.

Multishot is mainly meant for timelapses, and it adds some client-side stuff for that, like some automatic motion modes, key locking to avoid accidentally bumping the control while moving/recording, and then of course automatic screenshots with an adjustable interval.
The motion modes also include paths, but the smooth spline-type path is still TODO, because I haven't really yet understood the math for calculating that stuff... :/

And because everyone loves screenshots (right?):
gLweH8r.png

08iRgaG.png

AHYLIRO.png

0uZNJt5.png

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
b053e171cd.jpg

Automated form for the hammer ^_^. It will run off of xpjuice/mob essence when fully done :). Since I'd need a way to get liquidxp without those mods, Now if you have an ethereal upgrade in the crucible furnace, it will melt enchanted items in to some form of liquidxp (you get the items back), will probably prioritise (xpjuice > mob essence > liquidxp > moltenxp (mine, it won't be added if one of the other three exists). The old function of the ethereal upgrade has been now passed to the purity ones, which will make fuel last longer ^_^.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
[Beacons can now be colorized.]
BeaconLightChange.png

"Beacons
  • Beacon light beams color when going through stained glass
    • Making it feed into multiple stained glass blocks will combine the colors
    • Also works with stained glass panes"

[Example: Combining red and blue makes purple. Could this allude to future colored lighting. Who knows.]

Last edited: