What's new in modded minecraft today?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I see too much bad in people, but I have a bad feeling he might just take the money and run :/
I dunno about that, I feel he would probably make the mod, as he seems to actually have a vested interest in the mod... but there is no need for a kickstarter for it

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
ConflictHelper 1.0.0
This is a small mod for finding biome and potion id conflicts before they corrupt your worlds. The mod will generate a list of all found conflicts in minecraft/idconflicts.txt, and show a warning GUI.
80poC13.png

You might also want to add enchantment IDs to that list. And mob IDs if that's a thing.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Enchantment ids already throw an exception. I could extend it to add some more information though. Mob ids are automatic, unless mods are registering mobs the wrong way. I guess I could still catch it.

The key to success is to play for other peoples mistakes.

Erasmus Crowley

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno about that, I feel he would probably make the mod, as he seems to actually have a vested interest in the mod... but there is no need for a kickstarter for it

In the interest of not repeating myself everywhere, I'll direct you to what I said here.

I would also like to mention that a mod author's job doesn't end when the mod is done because a mod is never truly done. My mod in particular has compatibility with over a dozen other mods. This requires almost constant bug fixes and updates, not to mention keeping up with vanilla MC's rewrites for each version. There's also responding to emails, forum posts, and private messages and other community management stuff. Does Reika or Azanor work any less now because their mods are 'done'?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
In the interest of not repeating myself everywhere, I'll direct you to what I said here.

I would also like to mention that a mod author's job doesn't end when the mod is done because a mod is never truly done. My mod in particular has compatibility with over a dozen other mods. This requires almost constant bug fixes and updates, not to mention keeping up with vanilla MC's rewrites for each version. There's also responding to emails, forum posts, and private messages and other community management stuff. Does Reika or Azanor work any less now because their mods are 'done'?
seriously though what the frak dous doujin have to do with modded minecraft in any way? Wait, actually, I don't think I want to know the answer to that question.

C

chbachman

Guys, 1.0.0 is out for Modular Armour!

The biggest features for this update are the new Configurability Sliders, which let you change features of the armour. e.g. Slow your character down, don't jump 10 blocks in the air.

chbachman said:
Starting work on sliders
Sliders actually change values now
Sliders now are per Armour Piece. Recipes are easier to work with.
Move files to API, to remove dependencies from the API
Improve API, Sliders now edit values
Remove Levels
Change Items to have Holders, or Logic Holders
Fix Derps, Crashing on Startup with Mod Compat.
Make Compatibility Tab Scroll
Work on bug fixes.
Rename Upgrade Protective
Derp, its max items
Refactor Holder -> UpgradeLogic
Remove Translator
Add Admin Armour, Creative Tab
Protective Upgrades now distribute.
You saw nothing
BBoldt Textures
Coloured Upgrade Framework, Logo
Update Build.gradle
Fix build.gradle
Dangit Matthew
Guis now scrolls
added wrench
Fix Explosion, clean up wrapping
Bump Version
Add changeling functionality.

Woah woah woah. Technically it was TehNutJenkins, but it was actually me.

Last edited by a moderator:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, 1.0.15 is out!

The biggest features for this update are the new Configurability Sliders, which let you change features of the armour. e.g. Slow your character down, don't jump 10 blocks in the air.

I'm hardly a stickler for formatting posts, but a indication of what mod you are talking about before you post relevant information might be a good idea.
I'm still not sure if you are talking about moulder armor or if that is an unrelated comment. :p

Reactions: psp

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, 1.0.15 is out!

I always copy the username on the download page for the update, but I think you've been mentioned once of twice in the changelog :p

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @TheGoldVane with DoggyStyle
TheGoldVane said:
DoggyStyle adds domestic dog breeds to Minecraft, along with more advanced AI and a few fun dog-centric features.
Dogs can be found roaming around the world and can be tamed just like wolves. But they have so much more style! They have more advanced AI, a custom interface, varying vital statistics, and a lot more is on the way.
DoggyStyle also adds dog houses, which are a convenient place to keep your dogs, a way to ensure they don't die, and a place for them to heal. They're also customizable with different types of wood and different colored roofs.

Dog Breeds:
  • Beagle
  • Chihuahua
  • Dalmation
  • Doberman Pinscher
  • German Shepherd
  • Great Dane
  • Labrador
  • Pembroke Welsh Corgi
  • Siberian Husky
  • St. Bernard
  • And more coming soon!
Visit our Minecraft Forums page for the rest of the details.

and @Itaros with ChemLab
Itaros said:
ChemLab 1.0 RC1
  • Added: AE2 is hard dependancy
  • Added: Blocks now rotate automatically when placed
  • Added: Bloomery
  • Added: Chemical notation to items
  • Added: CL Addons system for user-created content
  • Added: Femtocraft Power support
  • Added: Fluid gauges in UIs
  • Added: Forging hammer and plates crafting
  • Added: Furnace for Bloomery
  • Added: GUI diversity to indicate machine tier state
  • Added: Heat exchange mechanics
  • Added: New multiple machines
  • Added: Reactions framework
  • Added: Strict Ore Dict support(more will be posted to dev zone in the wiki)
  • Added: Tooltips for HOE-related context(programmer ui, machines ui)
  • Fixed: "Unknown" text in machine info
  • Fixed: Crash if machine has no recipes defined
  • Fixed: Linux crash on start
  • Fixed: Machines getting stuck if automated
  • Fixed: Machines sometimes forget their rotation
  • Fixed: NEI Integration Fluids
  • Fixed: Shift-clicking dupe bug
  • Changed: Item transfer mechanics overhaul(now automation is provided by CIO)
  • Improved: Reduced memory usage by CL inventories
  • Improved: Resource management for sync operations(should be able to keep lag contained in case of big and developed worlds)
  • Removed: Buildcraft compatibility and dependancy
  • Removed: Syndication system

and @MatrexsVigil with Pam's HarvestCraft
MatrexsVigil said:
Pam's HarvestCraft 1.7.10h
  • Fix: Pot block can now be placed on Oven block
  • Fix: Orange Chicken now only needs Saucepan
  • Added: Recipe to turn any listAllfishraw into Minecraft fish
  • Fix: Made a lot of recipes use the Ore Dictionary even more
  • Fix: Sausage in Bread name typo
  • Fix: Cranberry Sauce now needs Pot to avoid recipe conflict
  • Fix: MFR Planter will now plant Seaweed seeds
  • Added: Recipe to turn listAllwater into my Fresh Water
  • Fix: Crop to Seed config option should now work
  • Config Option: You can now turn off new fishing with enableharvestcraftfish Default: True
  • Added: Pumpkin Cheese Cake item and block
  • Added: Pumpkin Muffins, Suadero, and Random Taco items
  • Added: Compressed Salt Block and conversion recipes

and @TyronX with Vintage Terrain Generation
TyronX said:
Vintage Terrain Generation 1.1.3
  • Backported several features from VintageCraft:
  • New Deposit System (mainly ores)
  • New Soil Layer System (= now generates glaciers and barren areas, amongst other things)
  • Grass and Foliage Colouring (omg only 3 lines of code were missing)
  • New Rock Layer System using 3D Simplex noise (= no 100% horizontal stripes between layers)
  • Exclusive for VintageTG
  • Strongholds should generate, but not tested
  • Now also generates dead bushes, mushrooms and ferns if the climate is right

and @MineMaarten with PneumaticCraft
MineMaarten said:
PneumaticCraft 1.6.6-68
  • Added Equivalent Exchange 3 support.
  • Rebalanced Elevator Base recipe (cheaper).
  • Added a button the Security Station that allows you to test your own layout.
  • Added 'Grid' and 'Random' area type to the Area puzzle piece.
  • Pneumatic Door now will open automatically when it runs out of pressure.
  • The maximum scale of the Programmer has been doubled, allowing people with a lower resolution to see programs
  • Added Comment piece to the Programmer.
  • Pneumatic Doors when configured as double doors now will open/close together.
  • Security Stations can now only be placed when they don't (or won't) overlap with another player's Security Station area.
  • Bugfix: You can fill water bottles by right clicking Etching Acid.

and @TeNNoX with CustomSelectionBox
TeNNoX said:
There was an awesome mod called "Custom Block Selection Box" by BeastGamer:
But it edits base classes, so it wasn't compatible with some many other mods, it was for Minecraft 1.3.1, and not updated for ages, and also all downloadlinks are broken...

So I made a new one, without any baseclass edited, with an awesome settings screen, and for the newer Minecraft versions (starting with 1.5)!
I also added some new functions: disabled depth buffer and custom block break animations (check them out!)

Break animation 'SHRINK' - example GIF:
4165ae16e3b0bf72189be55906334ba0.gif

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I'm hardly a stickler for formatting posts, but a indication of what mod you are talking about before you post relevant information might be a good idea.
I'm still not sure if you are talking about moulder armor or if that is an unrelated comment. :p
It's chbachman, which means it has to be Modular Armour

Fair does, but honestly, I still feel like KS is the wrong way to go about it.
I understand your argument a little better now, but wouldn't a wage be better than a salary? I know that I spend most of my minuscule wage in the first 2 weeks of the month, and then the rest I have to be cautious with (being on a terrible wage doesn't help, less than $800 a month), and I know if I was doing what you are doing, I would want the money to come through at <x> a month (with a possibility of that wage increasing). So something like Patreon.
Because what happens if you don't reach a MASSIVE amount of money? You don't get any, at least with Patreon you would be able to get $100, $200 a month and say "This isn't enough to live on, but I could (if you wanted to) change jobs to something that is less hours, and pays similar"

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yes that makes since I should have known it was him as that is the only one of all the thousands of mods and mod devs that I failed to memorize. :/
When you talk to him almost daily, you get used to the fact that the only mod he thinks about every day is MA ;)

Jul 29, 2019

At least reika is working on an new mod
https://sites.google.com/site/reikasminecraft/chromaticraft
Edit
Forgot the suggestion/bug report forum page
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/chromaticraft-questions-and-suggestions.54905/

Last edited:

Erasmus Crowley

Jul 29, 2019
Fair does, but honestly, I still feel like KS is the wrong way to go about it. -SNIP-
I understand your argument a little better now, but wouldn't a wage be better than a salary?

If I get $800 dollars a month or I have a bunch of money in the bank and I budget $800 a month, what's the difference?
$10,000 is not a "MASSIVE" amount of money. It's just not. I can pretty easily make 8x that per year working full time. My contractor rate is $125/hr. I'm willing to give up the money to do what I love. If I work another job (that I would likely hate) then THAT job would take time away from mod development AND it wouldn't be enough to live on. That doesn't make sense. I can be middle class, or I can be a modder. You guys get to choose.

I don't understand what you're saying here.

I think that you're insinuating that I wouldn't have enough to do, but I posted a message in my kickstarter updates to say that I would be developing a brand new cable/pipe mod in partnership with Asie from Buildcraft in addition to developing a new mod to modify the world physics for my underwater adventure map and mod pack.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
If I get $800 dollars a month or I have a bunch of money in the bank and I budget $800 a month, what's the difference?
$10,000 is not a "MASSIVE" amount of money. It's just not. I can pretty easily make 8x that per year working full time. My contractor rate is $125/hr. I'm willing to give up the money to do what I love. If I work another job (that I would likely hate) then THAT job would take time away from mod development AND it wouldn't be enough to live on. That doesn't make sense. I can be middle class, or I can be a modder. You guys get to choose.
Well to me $10,000 is a lot... I don't even make $8,000 in a year, and I am working 42 hours a week. So I see $10k as a fair amount.
And I dunno about you, but if I have the cash there I will spend it. I will say "I'm only gonna spend $60 this week, but end up spending close to $100" (which is a lot saying that that is almost a week's wage for me)
And I know that if I was to get a raise, which quick frankly I should seeing as I don't even get 1/2 NMW, I would spend all the extra money I get at once.
And if I was to get my salary all in one go? It'd be gone within 2 or 3 months.

I am not saying you are the same, but I am just saying that I see that as being they way it is.

Reactions: Vasa and xbony2