What youtube channels do you watch?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JudgeCrane

Jul 29, 2019
Currently minecraft and FTB related channels I watch are the following(not all):

monkeyfarm
GoodTimesWithScar(nice worlds)
sethbling
Tobuscus(yeah why)
OMFGcata(lol)
BlueMikeSpecial(check out some his stuff)
Direwolf20(of course)
JoeHillsTSD(one my favorite atm, opened me up to other ftb channels)

Yup mostly the minecraft famous a few moderately famous and some great builders I highly recommend.

Give a list of some channels you watch and why, even some obvious ones that I did not list just in case. Or even your channel if you are doing lets plays, tutorials, servers or adventure maps.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Damn, do you do anything else but watch youtube :eek:

As a full time employed person, I found that I simply don't have the time to watch so many channels. I have maybe four hours of free time at most on weekdays, and that's not counting cooking and eating dinner. If I watched every channel I was interested in, I would basically have to start the moment I come home from work and go straight to bed after I'm done. With no time left for browsing forums, writing and maintaining guides, or you know, actually playing the game. Not to mention various non-Minecraft-related activities and keeping up with the social circles.

So I usually do the eating dinner part while watching youtube. For the past month or two I've been watching Direwolf20, although I'm rapidly starting to get bored. He basically does the same things in much the same way in every season, and I find that his style clashes with mine (particularly his unhealthy obsession with making turtles play the game for him instead of playing it himself). I'll though that some of the "inside scoops" on mod development from the Forgecraft series were pretty awesome, but there's been very little of that recently.

Occasionally watching Yogscast, though usually not their Minecraft content - more the indie game tests and fun runs in obscure works. Their two-parter on Frog Fractions was one of the most hysterically amusing things I've seen in a while.

Currently looking for something new to watch. I'm really interested in Flora's and Mead's TFC series, but they only upload like one or two videos a week. Also thought I'd watch the Hat Films guys take a stab at FTB for the first time, because I enjoy watching newcomers learn... only to discover that they are catastrophically bad at even vanilla Minecraft. I just can't stand to watch a group of people who have been making Minecraft videos for years, including official work for Mojang, but have to look up the recipe for a bucket on the wiki or forget that you can make doors out of wood, too. (I'm not even kidding, as much as I wish I was.)

Reactions: Geometry

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
I often stick youtube on my phone in various places in the kitchen when I'm cooking/doing dishes/cleaning stuff, I don't watch every video they put out but I like to watch (quite often I'm just sort of listening):

Etho
Guude
Monkeyfarm
Zisteau
Vintagebeef
Kurtjmac

I can't put Guude on much as even though I think he laugh is awesome, when he gets excited he yells out words that my "repeats everything he hears" son shouldn't be using, so I do watch the others more often I think. I used to watch all these people, and more, sometimes I'll watch other Mindcrackers too, but I definitely don't have time to watch all their stuff. Also, right now, I mostly just watch their FTB videos. I watched the others before they got into mods, and I was really glad they got into modded minecraft. I like to see their different approaches to things. (Etho's tree farm is particularly fun!).

Oh, and the mindcrack podcast (again not always suitable due to language) is great to put on when doing other things, as you don't have to watch a screen.

JudgeCrane

Jul 29, 2019
yeah i have never finished a fifth of a season on any these channels mostly because of the repentance and only watched the minecraft related videos. They are just original and intriguing videos and builds that are created on these channels and copied else where on the internet. IMO the only worth of them are the modspotlights and original builds, lets plays just get boring : /
Probably the only channel I watch on a Daily basis is good ol RoosterTeeth but everything else less than a playlist.

Hypixel- Gives a bit of inspiration in the maps featured.
RageGamingVideos- Bit of comedy and just watching his contests can also make you learn something.

Thanks for feedback keep it coming ^_^

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
*waiting for retrogamer to come along and say "all of them" lol*

All the channels I'm subbed to (the bolded ones are the ones I watch regularly)
VintageBeef
RoosterTeeth
1veritasium
TotalHalibut
RayWilliamJohnson
SOTMead
direwolf20
scishow
numberphile
sethbling
monkeyfarm
TheEnigmaTNG
birgirpall
crashcourse
elementanimation
FPSRussia
jacksfilms
minutephysics
Pahimar
rorschac
sixtysymbols
Vsauce
VsweGoesMinecraft
CovertJaguar
DailySmoker
DeepSkyVideos
Eloraam
ExcisionOfficial
lindasome

JudgeCrane

Jul 29, 2019
ooo thanks gotta love totalhalibut. Ill see about some of these other channels I know I heard them elsewhere.

qap

Jul 29, 2019
I just recently discovered these two, good content, well presented.
Queenkinghappy
Enigmius1

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
The ones I watch often are

Ethoslab (the man is a god, but don't try and use him as an example in FTB because he's trying to be unique and using really awkward systems)
Vintagebeef
Guudeboulderfist (not been uploading recently)
AnderZEL (don't watch as much any more)
SethBling
Direwolf20 (Starting to find it hard to finish his regular videos although his mod reviews are excellent)
GenerikB (for the bee stuff, even though his noobiness makes me cringe sometimes)

A few other mindcrackers like Pause that I watch less often and of course the podcast.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
Etho's lab is the only Minecraft related channel I'm subbed to and watch regularly. I've been a fan and subbed to him since the early days of his channel (preLP, anyone remember the boat storage/pez he made back then? :D That's when I knew I had to sub to him).

I do watch Dire's mod reviews and sometimes the other guys from Mindcrack, but not to the point I'm subbed to them.

Other than that most of the channels I'm subbed to are music related (mostly dubstep/dnb/liquid). RWJ for the lolz and gigglez. Vsauce and minutephysics to quench my thirst for science, knowledge and fun facts. Jump in the pack, SivHD and Riot Games Inc, for my LoL needs. Press Heart to Continue for general game news. And a bunch of channels of my friends/teachers, I'm doing a study in game art/development so they have pretty cool stuff to look at from time to time.

Most of the music I toss in my "watch later" play list and just roll that from time to time and pick out stuff I like. All the others are usually only a few videos a day all together, with most being <10 minutes. Etho's videos are by far the longest ones I watch on a daily basis.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
A few that i actually watch ;3, prob missed a few.

Direwolf20.
Florastar.
SOTmead.
Etho.
Covert.
Wayofflowingtime.
Docm.
Odedex.
Shadwdrgn.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Come now Lambert surely you know I cannot watch all the channels. <.<;;;;; >.>;;;;

Looking at my channel I am subscribed to 240 channels. Soooo..umm anyone want a top..ten maybe?

Heh! I just listed the ones I watch regularly, I sub to DW20 and some others, used to watch him a lot but I currently only look his tutorials up if I want to learn about something and can't find something on a wiki.

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
Oh man, Where to start

AnderZel (my favorite)
Docm77
Ethoslab
Vintagebeef
BlameTheController
Guude
Xisumavoid
Keralis (just simcity)
Nebris

Probably some that I have forgot about too

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I decided to put up just a small list.

All of the Yogscast including Tee and Daltos
VGToolbox
Dave Chaos and most, if not all, of his friends like Gar, Nipde, and Wyse
Bebop Vox
Total Biscuit
Zooc
Pewdipie
Mr. NewGuy
Mr. Pixel tech
Generic B
Monkeyfarm
DocM
OMGCata/Jessie Cox
WoWCrendor

That should do for now.

Tomicida

Jul 29, 2019
Etho
Direwolf
Sethbling
DocM
Bdubs
GennyB
SmoshGames/ClevverGames
Toby

If I had to choose one, it would probably be Etho.