What type of player are you? - Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
I've got MCADD. I rarely can stay focused on any kind of project, build or goal long enough to see it to it's end. I'm slow too, so world resets and updates usually occur before I can see the end result if I do manage to get far in a project.
I prefer the architectural end result over technical builds. I usually advance my technology just enough to satisfy a particular item I need or want to get the architectural build i want.

Reactions: Duror and Staxed

99.99%derpy

Jul 29, 2019
When i play i try to find a cave a and get a ore doubling system going with TE and then Work on TC and then Ic2 and logistics and the more advanced mods i like to do magic in between my tech i don't like harvesting forever.[DOUBLEPOST=1400623866][/DOUBLEPOST]
Environmentalist's worst nightmare.

Only when the last mineral has been harvested,
Only when the last river has been tainted,
Only when the last tree has been cut down,
Only when the last animal has been fed into a grinder,
Only when all this is automated and the landscape is a post-apocalyptic horror of quarry pits will Colin be satisfied.
LOL

Reactions: Dezz

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I'm a manual miner. I have huge amounts of tech and toys, but I still run around mining with a hammer. True, I have a quarry running, but only because I need lots of resources and I'm not interested in strip mining an entire extreme hills by hand. I like wandering around in caves, or cutting tunnels around in the world, looking for fun things to mine up.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I'm a farmer. Well, most of the time. You see, I prefer all the farming mods, but I know more about almost every mod than any of my friends, so I end up having to help them with everything. Especially Applied Energistics. They can't handle the concept of storing things as data, and they are nowhere near being able to actually do it....

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not big on tech other than building enough to do what I need. I don't really want to build machines or a factory. I get around to tech automation once it's too annoying for me to do it manually. I'd prefer to build or explore.

I visited my old vanilla server and got re-inspired to build. I'm working on a blacksmith focused on a TiCo smeltery. Eventually I'll build a hall for infusion, that sort of thing. If I'm staying near my base I'd rather it look nice and feel "homey" rather than fooling about with machines.

Reactions: glepet1962

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
First thing I always do is go tech. Get my AE running, automate as much as possible, and get thousands of every resource. Then get as many toys as possible, both magical and technical.

I always go for the magic stuff first, mainly TC4's Equal trade. After that, I automate glass production. Easy mining to start up all that tech.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a dwarf. Create powerful artifacts with the treasures of the earth. The rest is just a means to an end. Glad the only dragon stays in the End.

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a techie mostly, do go into thaumcraft deep enough to get lamps and alumite and a wand with the lightning focus,,,

As for how I design my bases? When I have LP available I tend to have one machine dedicated to every crafting recepie and then stuff it full with materials so there's a buffer before I need to wait for stuff to craft... Alternativly I'll make one of those storage chests that supplies itself with stuff that can be crafted.

On my Agrarian Skies map I don't quite have that level of redundancy but I have 3 or four redstone furnaces dedicated to different recepies, 1 pair of fluid transposers and magma cruicibles for resonant ender, glowstone and redstone. And then I have a magma cruicable for cryotheum (feeds to a tank with a storage bus). I have 7 automatic shifters shifting gravel and sand with the capability to switch in soul-sand after demand.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
I'm a bit of everything player. I try to do everything over time, but never have the time in the end. Magic, Tech, others are all interesting. I like building, and exploring but distaste actual mining so my first goal is automated mining.
lol we must be clones.

Reactions: Dezz

KurShedir

Jul 29, 2019
I usually do magical mods first, while building. Magic amd building are always the main goals.

I like compact tech systems (Ender IO, TE and AE for the win here), I don't build huge and complicated setups. Just what I need.

I delay automining and sorting until I really need lots of resources, and I only do that via Digital Miner or Laser Drill. I don't like quarries. Until then, manual mining.

I also have a problem when it comes to start to farm something. Agrarian Skies has the cure for that. Maybe.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I'm a builder and something of an architect. I like to explore synergies between technology and magic, but most of all I like to build things that don't only function well, but also look good, appear neat and elegant etc..

Also, I'm something of an environmentalist. I hate to churn up the landscape (I hate you, BC quarry, for being so indispensible early in the game), and I absolutely refuse to build anything but 100% self-sustaining systems. Everything that isn't is strictly temporary. Oddly enough, that appears to include running a fusion reactor from ReactorCraft. Looking forward to that....

Lastly, I hate fighting. Really. I detest it with every neuron in my brain, and I play on Peaceful or in protected areas where possible and only switch to Easy if I need mob drops. Or permanently, once I have Magnum Torches, a fully upgraded Power Suit (or something similar) and a mobtrap in place.

Also, ever since I found I could mine a 7x7x1 area with pointing a finger from ten blocks away using an Ars Magica spell, I don't mind manual mining all that much any more. Since I haven't successfully managed to fully automate mining with Silk-Touch or Fortune yet, I still go on mining expeditions for gems. Automated mining is mostly for bulk metals.

Reactions: casilleroatr

weckar

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer mods that fall outside the magic/tech classification. It seems such a limited way to look at things.

I like playing in any way that allows environments to be unique. I often use heavy event-based mods for that reason, as well as climate effect mods.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
I'm an engineer. I like to optimize things, find optimal solution with limited resources and methods. Such as tree farm with filler-planted saplings, making scrap from mining well pipes,optimizing reactors... Old IC2 was a gold mine of this stuff. Too bad most mods these days make things too straightforward.