What type of player are you? - Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GrammarFuhrer

Jul 29, 2019
Even so, If it wasn't for the problematic pathfinding of golems which makes them useless for tree farms and similar things, I would probably have a complete automated farming setup using only Thaumcraft resources and Logistics Pipes. Including the speeding up of growth.

That's partly my issue too. I'd love to have a little army of factory worker golems to move around stuff, just to sit back and laugh manically. Unfortunately, their pathing is about as good as a blind man without a cane.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
I imagine really cool systems and automated stuff I want to build with different mods, mostly tech mods.
Then I spend all my play time trying to figure out and then building the actual room for it instead of bulding the actual machines and things. Then I get quite tired of the game before I really get going with the mods...

So much this.

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
The bored out of my mind lets just putz around in minecraft player.
I really only have one goal when I sit down for minecraft. Get past the next couple of hours and feel like I have slightly achieved something in that time.
As for what mods I use em all for a means to an end. Well except for a few where I don't like the authors demenor or attitudes .( no names ) But every mod has something to use in a straight forward way or ass backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Well except for a few where I don't like the authors demenor or attitudes .
yeah, that'll teach them

sarcasm%20mark%20sarcmark-thumb.jpg

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
All the sarcasm in the world shall not harm the karmic zen that is my minecraft. Niether shall the mods that make drama or hate in my digital world.

if your minecraft experience truly was zen, you would see these mod authors for what they are and what they bring the community, regardless their outward demeanor or attitude. begin to see things as they truly are, not as they are when clouded by your own preconceptions or thoughts.

Reactions: Padfoote

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
I like technical mods. So my main mods are IC2/TE, MFR, AE, BigReactors and Railcraft.
Arboriculture and apiculture is a pain in the a** for me. As is almost everything magic related.
I love energy, creating, storing, managing and spending it for automation to prosper faster.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I love early game survival and managing resources.
Iguana Tweaks, TiC Tweaks and Hunger Overhaul are musts
If possible I will have EnviroMine
I'm an odd fellow, and love IC2
I love tiers, climbing the ladder towards greater automation feels amazing
When I play, Thaumcraft and Witchery are no-brainers
If I can avoid dying in a mod, it's not fun
But I also like standing some chance to enemies
I believe diamond armor is too strong with how mobs currently are
And I love realism
Or at the very least something that makes sense
If finite water wasn't resource intensive, I'd pay Mojang to implement it in 1.8
I, am 1SDAN

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I love early game survival and managing resources.
Iguana Tweaks, TiC Tweaks and Hunger Overhaul are musts
If possible I will have EnviroMine
I'm an odd fellow, and love IC2
I love tiers, climbing the ladder towards greater automation feels amazing
When I play, Thaumcraft and Witchery are no-brainers
If I can avoid dying in a mod, it's not fun
But I also like standing some chance to enemies
I believe diamond armor is too strong with how mobs currently are
And I love realism
Or at the very least something that makes sense
If finite water wasn't resource intensive, I'd pay Mojang to implement it in 1.8
I, am 1SDAN
I am like you with everything but the finite water.
I am CarbonBasedGhost

ZethHQ

Jul 29, 2019
"Jack of all trades, master of none, but ofttimes better than a master of one." More mods in the pack and more ways to combine them the more I like the modpack. (Monster / Overload) But I like themed packs as well (Agrarian Skies) :p

Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
"Jack of all trades, master of none, but ofttimes better than a master of one." More mods in the pack and more ways to combine them the more I like the modpack. (Monster / Overload) But I like themed packs as well (Agrarian Skies) :p
Oh right, this is sorta me as well. I am a Red Mage at heart. I do everything not because it's easier to spread myself in such a way, and not even because it's well and truly hard at times, but more often then not I do it because I'm a crazy SOB who can make a ying-yang bomb and destroy villages while enjoying breakfast and reading the latest Minecraft Drama. Did it twice last week. By accident.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I like to get a couple of my friends together to build one big project. Right now I'm planning some Rube Goldberg-style factory. We're planning on making it make vanilla food and then transport it around a server. Just need to finish my pack to make a start on it.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I personally cannot stand a modpack or mod without tiers of progression. It's why I like Magic Farm, TFC and BTW

Last edited:
Reactions: Mevansuto

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
You might like the pack @AlCapella and I are making. It has a unique style of progression.

Also Agrarian Farms?

Um, I thought that was Magic Farm 2's new name right?

I'll look into it, I'm actually making my own modpack so it will be interesting to see what directions both packs go in.

For example, I'm making resources play a heavy role in my pack, while automation is something you must truly work towards.

EDIT: Oops, I got the name wrong. The new name was Magic Farm 2: Adventures in Technology, fixing nao

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Um, I thought that was Magic Farm 2's new name right?

I'll look into it, I'm actually making my own modpack so it will be interesting to see what directions both packs go in.

For example, I'm making resources play a heavy role in my pack, while automation is something you must truly work towards.

EDIT: Oops, I got the name wrong. The new name was Magic Farm 2: Adventures in Technology, fixing nao

Yes. The Skyblock Modpack is called Agrarian Skies.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Actually, I dislike modpacks that are heavily geared towards early game survival. I'd rather have wood and stone tools, easy base and farm setup then ZOMFG huge mid-late game projects to work towards.

Making the early game survival retardedly hard just means you'll either ragequit and go find a different pack or battle through, get yourself set then get bored by the lack of endgame content.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I dislike modpacks that are heavily geared towards early game survival. I'd rather have wood and stone tools, easy base and farm setup then ZOMFG huge mid-late game projects to work towards.

Making the early game survival retardedly hard just means you'll either ragequit and go find a different pack or battle through, get yourself set then get bored by the lack of endgame content.
Agreed. Hence why even though I use GT, it's not ruining my early game. Unless you count the nether as early game, in which case, that's early nether for me. I have my progression based around dimensions. Early nether is enough obsidian to go to the nether, and a way to light the portal.