What to look forward to in 1.7.10

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
The release of Forge for 1.7.10 was severely delayed because Comcast couldn't get LexManos's internet working.
#comcastcares

Sent from my Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System using Tapatalk
Oh yes, I remember

#comcastdoesntcare :p

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing 1.7.2/1.7.10 souly for botania.. And honestly botania as a whole felt worth it. Thaumcraft 1.6.4 was alright but it was still a lil bit meh. And it kinda dropped off halfway through 1.7.2, however is coming near the point of release in 1.7.10 and having TC and botania working side by side.. it'll be rather fullfilling for me.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
I'm waiting for Reika's mods to update(actually for Thaumcraft4,Reika's mods and maybe Extra bees/trees),
otherwise im already playing in 1.7.10 and i have all i need.
Mekanism and BC5 main tech mods.
Botania currently only magic mod(i'm looking forward to add Blood Magic)
BoP,Roguelike Dungeons and 35 other mods for pure enjoyment :p

Last edited:

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I,m waiting for Reika's mods to update(actually for Thaumcraft4,Reika's mods and maybe Extra bees/trees),
Blood @Gideonseymour would like this

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
I'm waiting for Reika's mods to update(actually for Thaumcraft4,Reika's mods and maybe Extra bees/trees),
y u no BC6?

Reactions: Elec332

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing 1.7.2/1.7.10 souly for botania.. And honestly botania as a whole felt worth it. Thaumcraft 1.6.4 was alright but it was still a lil bit meh. And it kinda dropped off halfway through 1.7.2.
Azanor is working on 4.2. TBH the 1.7.2 version had enough changes to merit a version difference. We'll see how that goes.

Reactions: Vasa and Padfoote

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019

Upside bees/trees is being updated, there was a recent post in the what's new topic about it recently

Reactions: Vasa

Dylan4ever

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking forward to finally releasing a new and proper version of the Ermahgerdebus (or Erebus, for the non-mahgerds). Though, 1.8 might well hit before that happens.

Ants farming for you, magic stuff, heavily customizable armour stuff, biome stuff, cooking stuff (?), and that is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of new features. I hope you guys can get excited over this as well :3.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking forward to finally releasing a new and proper version of the Ermahgerdebus (or Erebus, for the non-mahgerds). Though, 1.8 might well hit before that happens.

Ants farming for you, magic stuff, heavily customizable armour stuff, biome stuff, cooking stuff (?), and that is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of new features. I hope you guys can get excited over this as well :3.
Don't worry about updating it to 1.8. I'm about to start modding and I get that vMC updates are annoying. Once I have a okay amount of Java knowledge and I'm out of throwaway mod ideas, I'll work on a magic mod that I've had an idea for for a while. I won't post the idea here, because then anyone can take it, but I'll say it is a magic mod.
EDIT: Whoops, I had it as 1.7 instead of 1.8. Fixed.

Dylan4ever

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry about updating it to 1.8. I'm about to start modding and I get that vMC updates are annoying. Once I have a okay amount of Java knowledge and I'm out of throwaway mod ideas, I'll work on a magic mod that I've had an idea for for a while. I won't post the idea here, because then anyone can take it, but I'll say it is a magic mod.
EDIT: Whoops, I had it as 1.7 instead of 1.8. Fixed.

We will update the Erebus to 1.8 once that time comes... I used it to represent the time such a huge update takes in this case :).

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
hmm.......
3.people constantly wanting 1.6 backports for mods. (i don't make mods, but it pisses me off when i see this.)

On the MC forums you often even see people occasionally asking for backports to 1.5. Talking about history :)

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
All this talk of 1.8 is making me depressed..... My video card is to old to handle openGL 2.1 and that is a requirement for 1.8. Ah if only I had enough money for a semi good computer.

Reactions: Elec332

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Frankly, just about everything I've seen so far makes me want to avoid 1.7. For the most part, the mods I'm interested in are either deeply nerfed (e.g. AE2), or don't have significant feature changes, and are mostly version ports.

L0NExW0LF

Jul 29, 2019

Well I can't wait for it. The Erebus even in it's current state is an awesome mod; hopefully we see it before 1.8.