What to look forward to in 1.7.10

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly though, think I'm most excited for is to see what people do with ModTweaker. I actually really enjoy it everytime someone posts their scripts involving it xD.

Reactions: Pyure and Yusunoha

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Honestly though, think I'm most excited for is to see what people do with ModTweaker. I actually really enjoy it everytime someone posts their scripts involving it xD.
im still trying to figure out how to use it.... im not that great.... :p

Reactions: Pyure

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Shameless self advertising :p But I agree, these tools allow packs to evolve to the next stage, making for a more seamless experience. After all, mod makers can't cater for every possible combination of mods being used.

Just started working on a 1.7.10 pack (and apart from the really slow new chunk generation with just 8 mods so far) I'm looking forward to including Botania and Professor Flaxbeards Wonderous Steam Power Mod.
There's one mod though I'm not looking forward to having to include. I want it due to various useful things within it, but it's had so much recent development of other stuff thats inconsistent in functionality/usefulness/power, that I'm either going to have to consider removing the mod, or minetweaking/modtweaking the hell out of it.

Reactions: glepet1962

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Shameless self advertising :p But I agree, these tools allow packs to evolve to the next stage, making for a more seamless experience. After all, mod makers can't cater for every possible combination of mods being used.

Just started working on a 1.7.10 pack (and apart from the really slow new chunk generation with just 8 mods so far) I'm looking forward to including Botania and Professor Flaxbeards Wonderous Steam Power Mod.
There's one mod though I'm not looking forward to having to include. I want it due to various useful things within it, but it's had so much recent development of other stuff thats inconsistent in functionality/usefulness/power, that I'm either going to have to consider removing the mod, or minetweaking/modtweaking the hell out of it.
I'm guessing extra utils.

Reactions: Golrith

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking forward to people saying WTF IS THIS CRAP WITH CHUNKLOADING and 1.7 dieing faster than a bee being crushed by a steamroller.

"Looks at 1.8 Mojang patches"

Oh I see they fixed it and brought it out as a performance/enhancement LOL :D;)o_O:mad:

On another note, I am playing 1.7.10 mods and some of the new things are cool, like:

- EnderIO's Farmer & enchanter (bye bye random enchants)
- AE2 is just super cool but some are gonna hate it with a passion as it's so much different than AE1
- IC2 updated and added tons of new features**
- Mini maps that show mobs have gone, Voxel in particular has gone completely (modder rage quit and took it down)
- Lots of mods just updated but added nothing new
- Lots of mods haven't updated yet
- And the last word goes to GT, I have never laughed so hard and pressed the quit button so fast when I saw GT for 1.7.10 (in NEI) , no I'm not saying why just go look for yourself.

If you want to play 1.7.10 mods you can now whilst FTB gets up to speed and probably waits for the obvious missing mod for it's packs. Hop over to atlauncher.com and grab Bevo's tech pack.

** yeah really they didn't

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
(modder rage quit and took it down)

Nooooope. They later made up their mind and just went to change hosts. You can still legally grab all the existing versions.

Also, don't forget incoming TE4 with huge changes, BuildCraft's builders and robots back, tons of new niche mods, BOTANIA and a few other things.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Nooooope. They later made up their mind and just went to change hosts. You can still legally grab all the existing versions.

Also, don't forget incoming TE4 with huge changes, BuildCraft's builders and robots back, tons of new niche mods, BLOOD MAGIC and a few other things.
FTFY

Sent from my Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System using Tapatalk

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
- IC2 updated and added tons of new features**
** yeah really they didn't
Nothing at all ? :(

- And the last word goes to GT, I have never laughed so hard and pressed the quit button so fast when I saw GT for 1.7.10 (in NEI) , no I'm not saying why just go look for yourself.
To look for myself I'd have to install of that. I demand pics or something.

Seriously though, as a IC2/GT/masochist, I have to wonder, do you know if they've done anything to clean up the energy net issues from IC2e?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I played the snapshot yesterday. I will play modded 1.7, but the performance is so great in 1.8 that I may honestly play vanilla for a while. If they fix the block ghosting when recording, I may even start an LP.