What to do with excess iron ore ? :'(

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a huge hardcore player. I restart every 12 hours or so. I just try to beat myself and reach bigger/more complex setup in the less possible time.

I won't do that all the games, but just for the lol this time I try to combine everything from this OP thing thread : http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/dumb-tricks-dumb-op-mod-interactions-edition.39266/page-10

Since I have infinite iron, I don't know what to do with the extra iron ore I don't need. It just feel like it would be a waste of infinite lava energy to process it in my RoC extractor... Isn't anything cool we can do with excess iron ore in monster ? (not excess iron, because I have infinite of that already).

I also found that extraUtilities tanks can be picked up by a block breaker and only cost 2 lave buckets and some glass. So you can automate the process and store the excess lava in item form (1024 buckets per stack). that's pretty efficient.

I'm open for any suggestion about other OP things I could try in short period of time. Tomorow I plan to install a blood wood automated farm so I could renewably produce redstone.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
First of all... how do you have infinite iron ore if you are restarting every twelve hours? Or, for that matter, at all?
Second: you can automate the creation of native iron ore clusters via TC 4.1.
Third: you can use item cannons to throw thousands of iron ore blocks around, back and forth.
Fourth: you can put them all, in block form, into ME spatial drives.
Fifth: you can build an Inconspicuous Igloo out of said ore blocks. You know, for your "new" base.
Sixth: you can automate a full Factorization processing line for them. (Or Mekanism, if it's in Monster.)
Seventh: have droppers continually drop streams of said ore blocks as a waterfall, in order to show off your ludicrous wealth.
Eighth: Process them into iron golems, use the golems to fuel a dark nexus, and the dark nexus fuels an arcane reconstructor which recharges your energy cells?

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
First of all... how do you have infinite iron ore if you are restarting every twelve hours? Or, for that matter, at all?
Second: you can automate the creation of native iron ore clusters via TC 4.1.
Third: you can use item cannons to throw thousands of iron ore blocks around, back and forth.
Fourth: you can put them all, in block form, into ME spatial drives.
Fifth: you can build an Inconspicuous Igloo out of said ore blocks. You know, for your "new" base.
Sixth: you can automate a full Factorization processing line for them. (Or Mekanism, if it's in Monster.)
Seventh: have droppers continually drop streams of said ore blocks as a waterfall, in order to show off your ludicrous wealth.
Eighth: Process them into iron golems, use the golems to fuel a dark nexus, and the dark nexus fuels an arcane reconstructor which recharges your energy cells?
Ninth: you can restart.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to not be clear guys. I have infinite IRON but i have finite iron ore. I'll stil end up having thousands of iron ORE since I don't have to process it. So I can do most of your suggestions (like molten iron lakes) without using the ore. It just stroke me that then only thing I can do with iron ore is iron ingots or use them as decorative (meh) blocks.

Convert to gold with automated alchemy :)
Is there any renewable source of lucrum I could use ? Automated all alchemy transformation of iron is part of the plans of course. But I don't think I can find lucrum...

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Whoa whoa whoa. What? You can recharge an RF cell in an Arcane Reconstructor?
IDK, haven't actually tested it yet. But the concept seems like it would work (metadata items are repairable; energy cells store energy as metadata).

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
IDK, haven't actually tested it yet. But the concept seems like it would work (metadata items are repairable; energy cells store energy as metadata).
No your wrong because the energy metadata and damage metadata are two completely different things. And for something to be repairable it has to contain a special line of code.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
no renewable that I know of apart of mana beans but all crystals give lucrum and have no other use really.