What thing have you never done in FtB?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Never setup an MFR Laser Drill. Never got into Witchery beyond growing snowbell plants. Never got in Blood Magic. Saw a lot of cool things in the mod, just didn't want to go to that kind of effort. Don't mind the self-sacrifice, but just too much standing in one place and waiting.

Never used Sync. Cool mod idea, but... I have no use for it. Never played with Electricraft, beyond mining it's platinum for use as shiny ingots. Never played Hardcore mode. NEVER played a skyblock. Unless you count a stupendously unstable Mystcraft Sky Islands dimension.

I've never smelted villagers, if only because they all end up dead before I get the Smeltery set up. :D

I have to wonder if he means the Waila Harvestability add-on which isn't nearly as ubiquitous. Unless he's turned it off manually.

The list is too long to remember, but I'll drop a few that linger in my mind.

RailCraft - I've used the boilers and a few processing machines, but I've never actually set up a working railroad system. I've intended to a number of times, but so many options for transport (player, item, and fluid) are so much cheaper and easier that I've never followed through. Maybe this world...

Never actually used Railcraft for rails :( -3 manpoints.

What? You haven't experienced the amazingness of Railcraft? Well you're just in time. The latest version finally added a Flux Cart, so no need for power at a destination. Now you can bring your power along with you. RF, Fluids, and Items all in one convenient form. Plus you can ride along. Also, TRAINS. *blows whistle*

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
What? You haven't experienced the amazingness of Railcraft? Well you're just in time. The latest version finally added a Flux Cart, so no need for power at a destination. Now you can bring your power along with you. RF, Fluids, and Items all in one convenient form. Plus you can ride along. Also, TRAINS. *blows whistle*
This, and Steves Carts are two I'm aiming to use more of. Sadly not much use for a locomotive in a skyblock world :(

I think my brain shut down for a minute there. Managing to skip these three is highly unusual these days. And the WAILA thing I wonder if you're just cheating on, its becoming a bit omnipresent, and its not like you actively decide to use it :p

But wow at EIO and BR.
Luckily theres always other power and processing options available ;)
And WAILA just outright irritates the living shit outta me so its always the first thing into the disabled mods list. Minimaps/Damage indicators/anycraponmyHUD.jar follows immediately after. Its pretty much a ritual by now :p

Reactions: Pyure

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Never played the Twilight Forest without getting lost in a maze. Or occasionally on the surface. :p

I guess I can see not needing a Loco on a skyblock, but elevator tracks are awesome for moving things up and down. I don't like Skyblocks myself, but I'd probably be building vertically. And elevator tracks are cheap.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
This thread has made me realize that I might play too much modded minecraft. Those of you who have never fooled with Reika's mods are missing out massively. Next kitchen sink pack you play, add RoC/ReC/Electricraft and rush bedrock tools/armor before any other tech mods save some basic TE4. You'll play a totally different and very fun pack...and you'll also thrash the chaos dragon like he's a red-headed step child.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
I've never (but intend to):

1) Be 100% done with a world before resetting the server
2) Used spells from Blood Magic
3) Automated my entire base/factory with LP; this goal will fall this world (Infinity Evolved Skyblock)
4) Triggered a demon invasion; a server mate has always gotten there first because I never rush BM

Last edited:

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I've (until this world) never taken my time through early game. Inspired a bit by the Refugee to Reagent Challenge, I decided to limit my progress by gating materials I can gather/use until certain (most would say arbitrary) goals have been met.

Usually, I blow through early game and into early late-game tech before I actually set up infrastructure to make it sustainable, which always leads to a bit of resentment as I work my way into mid game's worth of systems and automation. The result so far has beeb noticing a number of small blocks I wouldn't usually make which have not only helped me along, but increased my view of mods which contain them.

I'm hoping this playstyle will help my base to be laid out more organically as well, but I will have to resist the urge to just plop things down without thinking it through (mostly because I'm too lazy to walk 100m to put it in a logical location).

No one

Jul 29, 2019
I've never played an up to date modpack. I've never played a version of minecraft that was currently having new modpacks made for it.

Besides that I almost never make multi-block structures because it's not worth the trouble since most of their functions can be done with a different mod.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I've never made it into reactorcraft, nearly did once but the server died while still automating jet fuel so I never got there.

There's quite a few mods I've never hit the end-game for as well, notably most magic mods, got to mid-game and verging on late in most though. For example right I've done a T4 altar or connecting the pylons but no further.

I've got another one, never built an EBF from GT5.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I've never made it into reactorcraft, nearly did once but the server died while still automating jet fuel so I never got there.

There's quite a few mods I've never hit the end-game for as well, notably most magic mods, got to mid-game and verging on late in most though. For example right I've done a T4 altar or connecting the pylons but no further.

I've got another one, never built an EBF from GT5.

My final experience with RotaryCraft was logging into a world where I had been doing some RoC things, finding that some gear that had previously tolerated far higher torques was now, as the result of an update, far less tolerant, and my entire ore processing facility had blown up.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
My final experience with RotaryCraft was logging into a world where I had been doing some RoC things, finding that some gear that had previously tolerated far higher torques was now, as the result of an update, far less tolerant, and my entire ore processing facility had blown up.
I've never actually used stone or steel gears or rods, always skipped straight from wood to diamond before I manage to eventually claw my way into bedrock. Thus explosions from too much torque/speed are just a matter of making sure I don't screw up which way I gear.

That strategy is very heavy on the diamonds though, definitely not for everyone.