What thing have you never done in FtB?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Wolves should count, you ever fed a wolf? And feeding villagers to a smeltery or worlds to a quarry might count, greed is a beastly thing of unparalleled power right?

Reactions: RedBoss

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I've never played any of the adventure maps. Only adventure maps I played were two Super Hostile ones, and I hated them both. Kinda turned me off the whole concept, really.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I've never understood the idea of Adventure maps. I mean, I get the point, but if I want to play an adventure game, I'll go play Legend of Zelda, or something of that nature. Though the combat changes to 1.9 might fix that somewhat. Or at least mitigate it.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I've never understood the idea of Adventure maps. I mean, I get the point, but if I want to play an adventure game, I'll go play Legend of Zelda, or something of that nature. Though the combat changes to 1.9 might fix that somewhat. Or at least mitigate it.

I like the idea of creating the map and story for others to play, but I have to agree that the combat mechanics of pre-1.9 are pisspoor for this sort of thing. I've not delved into 1.9 yet, so I can't say if this changes the playing field or not. The puzzle game side of things can still be a ton of fun if designed correctly.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
That's why I write, making interesting things for others to read. I can't design maps for shit, but I can at least write fairly well.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I've never seen a reason to give up the awesome Parkour powers of the Tinker's Longsword for the boring vanillaness of the Broadsword.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I've never seen a reason to give up the awesome Parkour powers of the Tinker's Longsword for the boring vanillaness of the Broadsword.
Me, neither. I mean, does the broadsword do more damage? Attack a little faster? The mobility advantage the longsword gives you, especially early-game, far outweighs any extra DPS the other blades could give you. Got a horde of zombies coming after you? Charge your sword, jump at the right moment, and leap on top of a tree, do the same to gain a bit of distance from a creeper or, if you're good enough, use it to change direction mid-jump and dodge skeleton arrows. The other blades just don't have that level of utility.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
I've never played any of the adventure maps. Only adventure maps I played were two Super Hostile ones, and I hated them both. Kinda turned me off the whole concept, really.

Material Energy^4 was super super fun to me. I played it through a few times before moving on to other things. The way materials are gated and his use of spatial pylons was inspired. Can't say enough good things about this map.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

I convinced a server mate to give it a try this world, as he aways uses the Cutlass. He scoffed at the idea, but after two days, he's a believer. He's not much for combat, so the ability to work on top of a project without a nerdpole or ladders/scaffolding was the key selling point. Now he races me (rocking a Battleaxe for some unknown reason) across our base by leaping rooftop to rooftop while laughing.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Because the Battleaxe looks awesome. I've found I can get a four block vertical leap out of a Longsword. And I've managed eight horizontal across a ravine if I have a moving start. Something to cancel fall damage is essential though. I like the Mekanism Free Runners.

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
To clear things up, I have fed cows, chickens, and sheep, and I have given wolves bones, but they can't eat bones, so that can't be feeding them right?

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Thing I've never done:
  • Completed Thaumcraft
  • Killed a chaos guardian
  • Killed Gaia 2
  • Set up AE2 auto crafting. (Used it, never set it up).
  • Maxed all skills in Nevermine 2
  • Done any witchery other then alter setup.
  • Automated a base without BC/LPGA
  • Crafted a creative manna pool.