What mods could be used to replace redpower 2 (not talking about its place in FTB)

Taeo

Jul 29, 2019
exactly. How am I to make automated poop fountains without a grate alternative?
One poop, one chocolate milk, they have the same texture. Good luck!

Chaos_Therum

Jul 29, 2019
Well I've just found Redstone in motion through the OP and I have to say way better that redpower frames no that I've replaced them I can happily live without ever using redpower again

Taeo

Jul 29, 2019
still need a block breaker, deployer, and grate myself before I'm free of her dev cycle.

Taeo

Jul 29, 2019
Block breaker and deployer are in MFR. Grates are all that's left.

hmmm, the block breaker needs power, which makes it very hard to use in the same scenarios, and I'm unaware of any deployer type machine, what's it called?

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
hmmm, the block breaker needs power, which makes it very hard to use in the same scenarios, and I'm unaware of any deployer type machine, what's it called?

No idea, but i've been told there's one. It may be in another mod... But I know there's a mod in FTB that has one.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Block breaker and deployer are in MFR. Grates are all that's left.
Sorting Machine has sequencing functionality that I can't think how to replicate any other way. Also seed bag?
No idea, but i've been told there's one. It may be in another mod... But I know there's a mod in FTB that has one.
I don't think there is.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I was sure there was a deployer in MFR but I haven't found it so I gave up looking. Turtles are good deployer block breakers all in one but even so I still find myself wishing I had an RP2 deployer. I have a turtle set up to automate dark iron production in a wrath forge. It is still in prototype because the wrath fire has a habit of burning out if you used in quick succession. A deployer adjacent to the turtle with a wrath igniter in it would be a nice easy solution. I can still use the turtle but I would prefer the deployer.

Badger

Jul 29, 2019
My 'repoweresque' modpack:
chainz (chainmail. and elevators!)
Minefactory reloaded (redstone logic, programming, etc) (block breaker, numerous other items, item transportation)
Extra utilities (tubes, more logic, liquid/bc power movement)
better furnaces mod (improved/faster furnaces, lowered fuel use, ore multiplication)
Advanced dispensers mod (deployer)
magical crops (just good all around extra vegetation spawn, better thread farms in combination with MFR)
immibis microblocks and anchor (because CJ's anchor sucks)
barrels 1.5+ (bulk storage)
Dr. Zhark's (because it's fun)
Utility Mobs (for defense)
redstone in motion (big devices)
Railcraft (Because I happen to love enormous, complicated train layouts... however, I use 'minecraft style' recipes. the hard recipes belong on challenge servers)
modular Power suit (something to blow all those enormous resources on)
MPS addons (more stuff to blow resources on, plus recharge)
Minecraft Minions (buggy, but fun to slap around)
minecraft comes alive (interaction)
Millenaires (interaction, quests)
NEI (of course)
Omnitools
Pam's clay spawn (because you can never have enough clay when playing with railcraft)
treecapitator (because trees dangling in midair look retarded)

Essentially, it's a very fun way to play. You have all the tools you need, an end goal, really challenging enemies, base defense, stuff to blow resources on and feel like you are accomplishing something. (an army of soul golems in powersuits is really something to see!) decorative elements, full automation for all entities and animals, some of the most user-friendly farms in the modded game, NPC's to interact with, research (horse breeding), Mineral management and multiplication, advanced logic (in case you wanna make something weird), and constant attacks by deadly animals.

there are almost no interaction difficulties, all power requirements are buildcraft (without buildcraft's overhead), and virtually every single mod is specifically designed to have as low a cpu/memory impact as possible.
This runs just fine on my crappy 4 gig machine.

There is only one additional ore, which is used to craft magical crops exclusively. You do not have to disable 12 different types of copper, 14 kinds of bronze, a dozen tins, a few silvers, and a host of other one-shot ores. and you especially don't have to wrestle constantly with the ore dictionary. It has omnitools for turning chests and ignoring any wonky tools. I HATE a huge list of various tools you need to monkey with for each mod, and want a cohesive, integrated play experience.
there is a 'food sink' (minions) and endgame, exploration means and reasons (millenaires, MCA, Powersuit flight), and your automation tends to look a LOT more like automation than a macdonald's playplace or habitrail gerbil maze.

railcraft, MFR, and extrautils automation:
images

buildcraft and redpower automation:
images

In all, I think that I have weaned myself pretty effectively from the 'standards' of IC2 and redpower, and have ditched all but buildcraft's power and liquid API (Not looking forward to trying to find previously BC-compatible mods that work with CJ's new CF) I won't touch AE (the whole mod feels like a complete and total cheat, and it adds new ores and stuff) and Forestry just feels....Like I am playing something other than minecraft.

I have 'internal rules' that I follow (no blocks in pipes or barrels, gotta use conveyors and traditional storage for big stuff like blocks, treetrunks, planks, etc.) (No minion mining... minions are there for clearing out spaces or landscaping only) (No floating stuff... blocks have to be framed and reinforced to actually resist gravity) in order to keep the thing challenging and at least nod to physics, and on the whole I am having a blast.

I heartily recommend that people try building 'their own personal ssp modpack' at least once to try it out, and play the game YOU want to play... one of my long-standing grudges with redpower (and better than wolves too!) was that there were no config options to disable stuff like volcano and marble spawns... you were forced to play the game 'they' want you to play instead of the game YOU want to play. Contend with THEIR notions of balance instead of your own.

On the whole, I consider redpower's TEMPORARY absence to be a shot in the arm for the modding community. I look forward to seeing it come back, eventually, but hopefully in the future players will have more options and alternatives... so they can play the way they want to. So go ahead, find a good forge build, and make your own personal SSP modpack... no permission slips needed.

Reactions: Sadistical_satan

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019

I've added block breakers that don't require power to a new mod I'm working on. It also has replacements for ignighters, and logic gates, but they work very differently than the red power ones (aside from implementing the same functions). At some point I'll be adding a deployer replacement as well, but there isn't one included at this point.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...ompletely-modular-machines-major-update-v130/

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019