What mods could be used to replace redpower 2 (not talking about its place in FTB)

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I'm curious as to where you got this information...

Just realised you are the same CyanideX that is part of the Electrodynamics team. I am sure I am not alone in being very impressed with the work you and the team are doing with that mod! I haven't played the alpha version because I have just completed my own stable modpack and I don't want to change it for a month or two but I am sure that I will be adding it afterwards. The clean room is an excellent idea!

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
In real life my name is actually casilleroatb - the evil twin of casilleroatr. I am impersonating him for nefarious FTB related things.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
How do you know he's the real CyanideX? Account was just created today, could easily be an impostor. Then again I could be an impostor! Damn, I should have chosen someone well-known to impersonate, Phil's an absolute nobody.
Pssssst... Between you and me, i'm impersonating mushroom_taco. He has no idea!

It's actually me ;_;

Ravnen

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any replacement for flax in Unleashed? Or something that can easily be added to the modpack.

Ravnen

Jul 29, 2019
I tried it and bonemeal works. So only turtles, to your knowledge? I'm a programming illiterate ><

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
MFR harvesters can harvest cotton. I don't know of the planter can plant it but the harvester doesn't destroy the plant, just like when the player harvests it.

Reactions: AlanEsh

valhar2000

Jul 29, 2019
On the whole, I consider redpower's TEMPORARY absence to be a shot in the arm for the modding community. I look forward to seeing it come back, eventually, but hopefully in the future players will have more options and alternatives... so they can play the way they want to. So go ahead, find a good forge build, and make your own personal SSP modpack... no permission slips needed.

I agree. I think Eloraam's attitude about other mods, essentially her allergy to openness, is damaging to the modding community as a whole, and to players, especially given the enormous influence that her mod's popularity gives her.

I do not believe for a second that she actually intends to do this, but I believe that it is the overall effect. The presence of alternatives will make the whole modding scene more open and dynamic.