What mods could be used to replace redpower 2 (not talking about its place in FTB)

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
RP Logic/Wiring replacement: RedLogic
BC3 Gates can replace most RP Logic gates and can do some more advanced item sorting thanks to Golden Gates.

Made a video lastnight for this. :) Not a spotlight was just playing with it and wanted to show some of it. Pretty cool.

Reactions: Greylocke

Goggles998

Jul 29, 2019
It works slightly differently to redpower where by the side you give the redstone signal depends o what direction it moves.

Attachments

• 2013-06-17_18.28.01.png
    2013-06-17_18.28.01.png
    347.1 KB · Views: 67

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
You know, I don't know why anybody hasn't added this to their "red power replacement threads" but ugocraft has a forge version now. It may take a bit to find, but it's out there.

Kucan

Jul 29, 2019
So we seem to have found replacements for almost all redpower functionallity. But does anyone know of a replacement to the liquid grate and redpower pump? I know buildcraft, IC and others have their own pumps. But I'm looking for one that can place liquids back into the environment as well suck them up. Been looking for one haven't been able to find it yet.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
So we seem to have found replacements for almost all redpower functionallity. But does anyone know of a replacement to the liquid grate and redpower pump? I know buildcraft, IC and others have their own pumps. But I'm looking for one that can place liquids back into the environment as well suck them up. Been looking for one haven't been able to find it yet.

Now that is definitely one that won't get replaced any time soon.

Kucan

Jul 29, 2019
Now that is definitely one that won't get replaced any time soon.

That's a shame, are people too concerned about the potential to grief or is it too technically difficult to accomplish? Perhaps buggy?

Also, it's possible I've missed it in the suggested mods to RP2 but is no one concerned about the non-sorting redpower machine stuff like the deployer? Or do Computercraft's turtles cover them just fine? (Such as quickly and repeatedly emulating the right click function, I know they can farm, mine and attack)

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
That's a shame, are people too concerned about the potential to grief or is it too technically difficult to accomplish? Perhaps buggy?

Also, it's possible I've missed it in the suggested mods to RP2 but is no one concerned about the non-sorting redpower machine stuff like the deployer? Or do Computercraft's turtles cover them just fine? (Such as quickly and repeatedly emulating the right click function, I know they can farm, mine and attack)

I'd say "all of the above" really.

Craigdb

Jul 29, 2019
I have currently loaded these mods as RP2 replacement:
Immibus Microblocks,
NumiRP,
RedLogic

These replace most of the missing elements - only really need some of the extra logic devices and sheilded wire (coloured) - I'm hoping Redlogic will pick this up in updates - otherweise same basic redstone functions but easier to craft.

-Oh updated info - sheilded wire is available

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
What I like for pneumatic tubes replacement is a bc addon, it's called More Pipes Ort sonething like that. It adds insertion pipes, so barrels Sophos :D

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
oh ok, stull in 1.4.7, may put a 1.5 pack together, well once I get my pc to do anything lol