What mods could be used to replace redpower 2 (not talking about its place in FTB)

power crystals

Jul 29, 2019
I am a big fan of RP2, but it is still nice to see alternatives appear. Will there be compatibility with RP2 jacketed cables/wires/bundled cables?
No, as there is no public RP2 API. You could go through ComputerCraft though, as CC was given access and they are adding support for my cables.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I am a big fan of RP2, but it is still nice to see alternatives appear. Will there be compatibility with RP2 jacketed cables/wires/bundled cables?

it all depends on redpower side, how it made it's stuff (alloy wire is just covers with redstone dust integrated, so they act like covers and act like redstone for other mods)

power crystals

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I should clarify -

The standard alloy wire should link fine (without 1.5 RP2 it's kinda hard to test, of course). Jacketed cable will probably not work as I expect it will refuse to connect. Bundled definitely will not. CC can talk to RP2's bundled, but it's digital only, whereas my cables carry analog values too. We don't yet know how RP2 plans to handle that.

Sh3it4n

Jul 29, 2019
Well I watch now for several Hour's all Thread's about the Topic RP2.
And it seems to be very sadly but definetly that RP2 is now gone and won't really back added to a Modpack here.
My Question is now how I can now sort all my Items....(and the really sad thing is that I'm just finished two Day's ago my whole Sorting System)...I guess without a Sorting Machine it doesn't work like before (and the really bad and pretty much sad thing is that then I lost my World where even play's my Wife on it) :(
Is there are any other Method to sorting Items so good like before with an Sorting Machine.
Guessing that it would better for me to wait with updating Ultimate until there is a definetly Message that it is gone.
Hope I'm in the right Thread here to ask that.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
And it seems to be very sadly but definetly that RP2 is now gone and won't really back added to a Modpack here.
My Question is now how I can now sort all my Items....(and the really sad thing is that I'm just finished two Day's ago my whole Sorting System)...I guess without a Sorting Machine it doesn't work like before (and the really bad and pretty much sad thing is that then I lost my World where even play's my Wife on it) :(
Is there are any other Method to sorting Items so good like before with an Sorting Machine.
Guessing that it would better for me to wait with updating Ultimate until there is a definetly Message that it is gone.

who said redpower is dead? is just rumors from stupid people.

Eloraam actually tweeted that she is back, now just wait 3-4 months till she updates and disappears again till 2015

Reactions: Sh3it4n

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Eloraam started tweeting again yesterday, RP2 isn't dead, don't worry.

Sh3it4n

Jul 29, 2019
Okay thank's Guys :)
But for my View it sounded so...but it was a mistake from me and the Hope is not gone.

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
list is also missing a functional replacement for the deployer.

funny how easy it is to overlook a single block that can:
place blocks in the world
use items like the player would(wands, mining lasers, portable holes, place golems, wrench things, fire an mps hand tools weapons, and much much more), and no adding a new turtle or cc peripheral for every single mod item you may want to use is not, in fact, a full alternative.
a single deployer can do all of the above in a preordained sequence if fed and pulsed properly.

also don't mind dravarden he's just got an axe to grind. i mean even his sig talks of similar mod functionality and here he is in a thread where plainly again we see that the only truly unique functionality which is present in redpower remains unique functionality, and that is the frame system, for which all the other functions merely establish a technical infrastructure to support the function of, while retaining other uses. remember the plans posted way back indicated eventual embedding not only of the cover/panel bits and tubes, which we've had for a while now, but also cabling and other elements.

after all we don't see repetitive grindstone posts over failings in the other mods indicating equal measure against buggy and/or late work for them even slightly, which quite makes his axe grinding all the more blatant.

but then what is stupidity if not grinding axes at people on the internet?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
list is also missing a functional replacement for the deployer.

funny how easy it is to overlook a single block that can:
place blocks in the world
use items like the player would(wands, mining lasers, portable holes, place golems, wrench things, fire an mps hand tools weapons, and much much more), and no adding a new turtle or cc peripheral for every single mod item you may want to use is not, in fact, a full alternative.
a single deployer can do all of the above in a preordained sequence if fed and pulsed properly.

also don't mind dravarden he's just got an axe to grind. i mean even his sig talks of similar mod functionality and here he is in a thread where plainly again we see that the only truly unique functionality which is present in redpower remains unique functionality, and that is the frame system, for which all the other functions merely establish a technical infrastructure to support the function of, while retaining other uses. remember the plans posted way back indicated eventual embedding not only of the cover/panel bits and tubes, which we've had for a while now, but also cabling and other elements.

after all we don't see repetitive grindstone posts over failings in the other mods indicating equal measure against buggy and/or late work for them even slightly, which quite makes his axe grinding all the more blatant.

but then what is stupidity if not grinding axes at people on the internet?

I rather have the vanilla dispenser, at leas other mods can look into its code and add cool stuff :)

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
The amazing thing about pneumatic tubes is that they never overflow, unlike Buildcraft pipes.

Thaumcraft golems are reasonably clever about putting items into containers and will wait patiently until there is space. While not a full replacement (they can't sequence inputs and are bad at moving things long distances) they can be used for most of the tasks where people actually use RedPower. They also seem less complicated to me, but your mileage may vary.

The thing I would miss first about RedPower is the volcanoes. Come on, those things are epic.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
The amazing thing about pneumatic tubes is that they never overflow, unlike Buildcraft pipes.

Thaumcraft golems are reasonably clever about putting items into containers and will wait patiently until there is space. While not a full replacement (they can't sequence inputs and are bad at moving things long distances) they can be used for most of the tasks where people actually use RedPower. They also seem less complicated to me, but your mileage may vary.

The thing I would miss first about RedPower is the volcanoes. Come on, those things are epic.

Do you know? I've never seen a good looking volcano, I've seen some epic pics and videos of amazing looking peaked volcanoes. Mine always look like someone has thrown up basalt on the landscape, so if I could get a few volcanoes looking epic then I would agree wholeheartedly with you.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
like someone has thrown up basalt on the landscape

lol

Real-world volcanoeos that do pretty much exactly that are called shield volcanoes and are common in the real world but often less obvious. You, sir, need a stratovolcano - the pointy kind of volcano. In the unlikely event that Eloraam reads any of these threads and is taking suggestions, we could also use some cindercones.

Every standard world will have both Eloraam's take on strato and shield volcanoes. Keep looking.

Stairmasternem

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I would miss marble. Nether quartz is considered a replacement, but that's one ore that's horrid to go and mine in mass amounts to make nice, clean white building platforms.

Although I do find Marble limiting. I wish it had a blank form, similar to a Portal 2 white panel.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
the volcanoes... a blarg of basalt puked by a giant then shoot by a laser in scatter, then a lava source on top that moves 3 blocks and nothing else and done!

man those volcanoes look horrible, with holes everywhere.

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
ok people if you wanna discuss the merits of Volacono spawning vs no Volcano spawning please make your own thread or better yet PM each other but thats not what this thread is about and i would prefer it to NOT drop into a full on flamewar and it being locked and/or deleted