What mods could be used to replace redpower 2 (not talking about its place in FTB)

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
DISCLAIMER: This is not a thread to complain about redpower 2 or Eloraam if you want to do that go somewhere else.

This thread I thought could be used as a list to what mods are currently available that replicate or replace functionality that is currently available in redpower 2 for people that wish to manually update to 1.5.1 right now and would like to keep roughly the same pace as with redpower 2.
For example I know that immibis microblocks can be used to replace the microblocks functionality from redpower 2 but that is quite a small part of the mod so does anyone else have any thoughts on the subject? I intend to update the list with user suggestions and I encourage mods that provide the same type of functionality since diversity is good. Also tell me if you feel i have missed a category.

Total Replacement:
NumiRP (So far includes world gen and tools)
Project Red

Microblocks Functionality:
Immibis Microblocks

Sorting System:
Applied Energistics
Factorization (routers and barrels)
Logistics Pipes (jenkins builds might be unstable from time to time)
Thaumcraft (Golems... GOLEMS)

Cosmetic Blocks (basalt and marble):
Vanilla Quartz (Marble Replacement)
Tinkerer's Construct (Basalt Replacement)
Power Crystals Minefactory Reloaded (contains white and black decorative block)
Forgotten NatureArtifice (also has Sickles and other stuff)

Frames:
Redstone In Motion
Truss Mod (Alpha)

Tools:
Tinkerer's Construct (nowhere near an exact replica but does allow for alot of tools that should fill the area occupied by the redpower tools)
GemsCraft (adds gems and tools for them)
DartCraft (it has a Sickle but it also adds alot of other things)
ProjectBench
Artifice (also has Cosmetic blocks and other stuff)

Redstone Wiring:
Power Crystals Minefactory Reloaded

Redstone Logic:
Power Crystals Minefactory Reloaded (jenkins builds might be unstable from time to time)
Gregtech
ComputerCraft
RedstoneLogic

Bags:
Backpacks

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
It's a shame Ugocraft isn't compatible with anything (at least it didn't used to be), because that would make a good replacement for frames.

I'm not sure about the wiring though. Hmmm... Wasn't there a mod that let you place 64 mini-blocks into a single block, this could let you create single block logic gates, but obviously wouldn't be as convenient as RedPower

Crowster

Jul 29, 2019
Minefactory Reloaded just released a 1.5.1 version with a very good red alloy wire alternative, with a (very impressive looking) alternative to the redpower logic gates coming soon. I've played around a bit with the wires, no complaints so far, and I'm pretty excited to try them out in a survival world when the rest of my mods finish updating.

Here are the new wires in action.

I think there's also a mod called Powercraft that has an alternative for the logic gates, but I've never tried them and know pretty much nothing about that mod. Just going by what I heard.

I'm not particularly happy with vanilla quartz as a marble replacement. It's not plentiful enough to build structures of a decent size. It's better for trim and decorations. I'd like to see one biome mods take it on.

budge

Jul 29, 2019
Well, Redpower's logic gates generally don't interact with bundled cables, either. I think you could take almost Redpower circuit (minus any bundled cabling) and replace all the logic gates with programmed computers and it'd still work. It wouldn't be pretty and it'd be a little more tedious to tinker with, but it would work.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Powercrystals made bundled cable
and GregTech's going to have a logic block.
Powercraft has logic too.
And what about "item Transportation"? yea, there are a lot of replacements, but you should put them in anyways :)

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
Powercrystals just added whitestone and blackstone to go along with all of his decorative stuff lately. So there's that too I guess.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
just because she is back doesn't mean redpower is updated in 2-3 seconds.

and people like alternatives that work with other mods.

Reactions: Bellaabzug21

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Why does every thread about Redpower2 need to get derailed like this?

for not reason for sure. We just like to say bad things about a totally perfect mod with no bugs whatsoever that updates 1 week after the update, has a bug tracker and the mod maker says something once a week or so in it's forum thread.

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
for not reason for sure. We just like to say bad things about a totally perfect mod with no bugs whatsoever that updates 1 week after the update, has a bug tracker and the mod maker says something once a week or so in it's forum thread.
This wouldn't happen to be sarcasm? ;)
:p

Reactions: Dravarden