What mods add dimensions, and a mod poll

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

How many mods do you run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
That's just adding mods. You are talking about regenerating your whole world. :p
If I was to swap highlands with BoP, how would I do that so I can keep my stuff and blocks placed, well, the most important ones anyway?
BTW sorry f I'm asking you a lot. :)

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
If I was to swap highlands with BoP, how would I do that so I can keep my stuff and blocks placed, well, the most important ones anyway?
BTW sorry f I'm asking you a lot. :)
Nonsense, I don't mind.
And since Highlands is world generation, there should be no problems just swapping it out with Biomes o Plenty. Just some strange chunk borders. However, the two mods are perfectly compatible from what I hear, so you should just be able to add Biomes o plenty right in with no problems.

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Nonsense, I don't mind.
And since Highlands is world generation, there should be no problems just swapping it out with Biomes o Plenty. Just some strange chunk borders. However, the two mods are perfectly compatible from what I hear, so you should just be able to add Biomes o plenty right in with no problems.
Yeah, I should just add it in. But I ventured pretty far around spawn and set up a base right near spawn, I won't really see or go near any BoP biomes, anyway, I've actually got BoP enabled but it's Highlands world generation. I still see BoP trees around my world though.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Applied Energistic's dimension is the inside of a ME spatial storage disk. You must enable spatial storage, build the pylons, and attempt to save yourself to disk. Don't bring any placed tile entities.

Sounds very technical ... what do you mean ?

Anyone know about the thaumic thinker one ?

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magica 2 - kinda shitty and lethal.

Biomes O' Plenty - even shittier but safe.

Extra Utilities - worth visiting, lethal.

Twilight Forest - amazing, lethal in places.

Applied Energistics - disabled by default for a reason.

Mystcraft - well, it depends.

Hardcore Ender Expansion - awesome, lethal. It's just a rework of the end but it feels like a new dimension.

Thaumic Tinkerer - looks shitty but safe from the screenshots.
Hold on
AE ADDS A DIMENSION?!

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Tropiccraft appears to add a dimension... At least you have to create a portal to get to the biome which contains a whole new flora and fauna.

The "Attack of the B-Team" pack that GennerikB and B-Double0 are playing on YouTube uses it and a recent episode showed parts of it. The funny thing is that the "portal" you have to build consists of a beach chair and a pina colada.

No joke.

[Edit] Here's the video for the doubting Thomases and Thomasinas out there... If I'm not allowed to link this let me know and I'll take it out. Visit to the Tropical Dimension at about 10 minutes in.

Last edited:

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like the poll should have a 20-200 option :p

For instance; for a while I was really enjoying Magic World 2, which only has about 60 mods.

Now I'm playing BnB, which has 100+ mods

I also played Monster for a little while, which had like 175 mods

And my personal pack I'm making has about 195 mods.

As for dimensions, of I know, there is
Twilight Forest - Twilight Forest dimension, based around nature and forests. Adds bosses, monsters, and neat utility tools.
Tropicraft - Tropical dimension, based around islands, fishing. Adds a new villager type, a new village, and a bunch of monsters. Also adds a new toolset.
Dimensional Doors - Puzzle dimensions, also the Limbo which has a really awesome looking block.
Erebus - Bug/desert based, adds terrifying gigantic bugs
MystCraft - Custom dimensions
Extra Utilities - Deep Dark - Mining world.
Aether - Anti-Nether
Galacticraft - Space and planets

Last edited:
Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like the poll should have a 20-200 option :p

For instance; for a while I was really enjoying Magic World 2, which only has about 60 mods.

Now I'm playing BnB, which has 100+ mods

I also played Monster for a little while, which had like 175 mods

And my personal pack I'm making has about 195 mods.

As for dimensions, of I know, there is
Twilight Forest - Twilight Forest dimension, based around nature and forests. Adds bosses, monsters, and neat utility tools.
Tropicraft - Tropical dimension, based around islands, fishing. Adds a new villager type, a new village, and a bunch of monsters. Also adds a new toolset.
Dimensional Doors - Puzzle dimensions, also the Limbo which has a really awesome looking block.
Erebus - Bug/desert based, adds terrifying gigantic bugs
MystCraft - Custom dimensions
Extra Utilities - Deep Dark - Mining world.
NnB = "Bloor n' Bones?
Few, though for a minute that meant "Bread n' Breakfast" lol.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
NnB = "Bloor n' Bones?
Few, though for a minute that meant "Bread n' Breakfast" lol.

Hmm... The "Bed and Breakfast" dimension... Sounds a bit "Twilight Zone"-ish to me. Whose bed and, more importantly, whose (who is?) breakfast?

Cultural Reference: Twilight Zone [1959-1964] Black&White TV series created by Rod Serling. Not to be confused with sparkling vampires.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistic's dimension is the inside of a ME spatial storage disk. You must enable spatial storage, build the pylons, and attempt to save yourself to disk. Don't bring any placed tile entities.
Sounds interesting; but how do I get out?

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Fun fact for dimension mods that add mobs and biomes. Biome ids will happily conflict and never bug you about it. Mobs spawning only in specific biomes will spawn wherever their poor confused biome ids happen to match (unless the modder added additional checking).

Why is this important? Why, for purposely mismatching biome IDs to get other-dimensional critters to spawn in the overworld, of course!

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Links to your mods?

That being said, off of the top of my head...
Mystcraft, Twilight Forest, BoP, AM2, Galactic-Craft, and Extra Utilities. Just the ones in my game. There is also The Erebus, a "Buggy" dimension, and countless others, in various states of update and release.
Sadly I am doing an update and a migration to a different website as well as making a wiki but I will have them soon.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Fun fact for dimension mods that add mobs and biomes. Biome ids will happily conflict and never bug you about it. Mobs spawning only in specific biomes will spawn wherever their poor confused biome ids happen to match (unless the modder added additional checking).

Why is this important? Why, for purposely mismatching biome IDs to get other-dimensional critters to spawn in the overworld, of course!
YES! BLIZZES IN MY TAIGA!