What mods add dimensions, and a mod poll

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

How many mods do you run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
I am a sucker for mods with dimensions, I have quite a few, but I was wondering if anyone had a list for 1.6.4 that adds dimensions?

Thanks much.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
My vote for mods run is OVER 9000
And get my mods they add dims
Links to your mods?

That being said, off of the top of my head...
Mystcraft, Twilight Forest, BoP, AM2, Galactic-Craft, and Extra Utilities. Just the ones in my game. There is also The Erebus, a "Buggy" dimension, and countless others, in various states of update and release.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Atum
Aether II
Dimension Doors

--

On a note to any eager mod authors - Ive been on the lookout for a mod that will create a dimension that I can copy a save game into. As much as possible it should honor the level.dat settings to ensure new biome generation is seamless.
There are a number of nice adventure maps Id like to add to my server, Mystcraft is an option but is moving away from making it "easy" to create overworld clones easilly.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magica 2 - kinda shitty and lethal.

Biomes O' Plenty - even shittier but safe.

Extra Utilities - worth visiting, lethal.

Twilight Forest - amazing, lethal in places.

Applied Energistics - disabled by default for a reason.

Mystcraft - well, it depends.

Hardcore Ender Expansion - awesome, lethal. It's just a rework of the end but it feels like a new dimension.

Thaumic Tinkerer - looks shitty but safe from the screenshots.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019

Hardcore Ender Expansion - awesome, lethal. It's just a rework of the end but it feels like a new dimension.

Should be:

Biomes O' Plenty - even shittier but safe. = Highlands - Double ores and better mountains/meadows!

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Links to your mods?

That being said, off of the top of my head...
Mystcraft
Twilight Forest
BoP
AM2
Galactic-Craft
Extra Utilities

There is also The Erebus, a "Buggy" dimension, and countless others, in various states of update and release.

I got all of these (still working to resolve item id conflicts). Question, what does AM2 add ? Didn't know it added one, much less how to access it.

Atum
Aether II
Dimension Doors

--

On a note to any eager mod authors - Ive been on the lookout for a mod that will create a dimension that I can copy a save game into. As much as possible it should honor the level.dat settings to ensure new biome generation is seamless.
There are a number of nice adventure maps Id like to add to my server, Mystcraft is an option but is moving away from making it "easy" to create overworld clones easilly.

Don't have these, will look into them. Thanks :)

Applied Energistics has one? I looked at the config, and did notice it. Do you know what it is called in the config, and how to enable/access it? Same for Thaumic Tinkerer? Been looking into Hardcore Ender.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magica adds the Moo Moo dimension, which I believe can be accessed by putting a evil looking book in a keystone in a gateway. However, I hear this dimension is dangerous, but I've never been there so *shrug*.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, can I re-generate my world with biomes o' plenty if I currently have highlands? (please say yes.)
(*deep breath*)
(*and out*)