What is the total EU/t or MJ/t of your system?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
And how have you achieved this. Mathematics and theory would be nice.

Solar loops and fusion need not apply, but it's up to you. If you have some interesting way of achieving what you have created, it should be worth reading, but given what solar/fusion is...

Though as a side not, achieving fusion in itself is an achievement, but this is about the tickrate of energy in your base.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I'll go first >_>

Something around 1500 EU/t

I get 460 EU/t from two 12 cell nuclear reactors (i.e. they use twelve single cells of uranium each)

Periodically, when I have excess lava, I purge the system and generate something around 700 EU/t

20 Advanced solar panels provide 160 EU/t.

I will also be adding in methane and charcoal, seeing as how my tree farm will generate more wood than I can handle and all the methane from the rubber tree processing/rotten meat... Might as well.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working on setting up several golem farms. I'll have 9x9 farms for pretty much every single crop. Most of those can be turned into methane... Carrots, potatoes, wheat, barley, sugar cane... Not sure what my final power output will be. I will end up with 2 fertilizer fed MFR tree farms. one collecting wood and saplings, the other collecting leaves and wood. It should give plenty of leaf blocks for converting into plant balls. I should have a lot of this in place this weekend, so I will post once I have it all running.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I will end up with 2 fertilizer fed MFR tree farms. one collecting wood and saplings, the other collecting leaves and wood. It should give plenty of leaf blocks for converting into plant balls. I should have a lot of this in place this weekend, so I will post once I have it all running.

you should take into account that if leaves are sheared they dont drop sapplings

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
1075!

that's 1337 for "lots"
More seriously, I've got a big bank of magmatic engines - I forget how many, but I don't have them on a lot these days though now that I have over nine thousand blaze rods I guess I might as well - and some largish number of wind turbines and I'm building a complicated system which will have 64 hydrogen generators and then who knows how many HP boilers I'll end up with, and I used to have an Atomic Science fission reactor and I think Liara is building a better one, but I have no idea what number all that adds up to.

Reactions: Loufmier

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
60eu/t if I put charcoal in all,6 generators.
~2mj/t, 16 rp solars ans 1 wind turbine into blulectric engine

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
1075!

that's 1337 for "lots"
More seriously, I've got a big bank of magmatic engines - I forget how many, but I don't have them on a lot these days though now that I have over nine thousand blaze rods I guess I might as well - and some largish number of wind turbines and I'm building a complicated system which will have 64 hydrogen generators and then who knows how many HP boilers I'll end up with, and I used to have an Atomic Science fission reactor and I think Liara is building a better one, but I have no idea what number all that adds up to.
... Goddess fucking dammit ED you stole my thunder >.<
Ah well, saves me effort.
And no, I'm not making a better one. I'm working on logging in at the moment. Maybe I'll make a better one when I log in properly.

Sent from boobs (because why not?)

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
... Goddess fucking dammit ED you stole my thunder >.<
Ah well, saves me effort.
And no, I'm not making a better one. I'm working on logging in at the moment. Maybe I'll make a better one when I log in properly.

Sent from boobs (because why not?)

Sorry, I'll leave making a lightning rod to you :p
Yeah I know you're working on the being able to play issue. What I meant was "there's the shell of a better reactor sitting there and I didn't put it there".

Reactions: ApSciLiara

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Tree Farm supplies:
  • logs to planks to
    • 2 x 36HP solid boilers, output to
      • 4 x Steam Turbines (400EU/t) (Indust Grinder, Blast Furnance and Plate Bender)
      • 4 x Indust Steam Engines (32 MJ/t)
      • TE Sawmill - Sawdust, bricks via Powered Furnace to charcoal for Locomotives
  • saplings to biomass to
    • 10 x biogas engines
    • to stills to biofuel for
      • 2 x 36HP liquid boilers feeding
        • 36 Industrial steam engines (288 MJ/t)
        • plus supplying 6 combustion engines (on quarry sites)
GT Lightning Rod (x2):
  • generates average 12,200 EU/t (in Eternal Storm age)
    • topping up IDSU
    • feeding two matter fabricators
Felt cheaty, so only ran the LR once I had Valuable Bees going and wanted to make and charge an IDSU in prep for Fusion Reactor build.
288MJ / 400EU always felt like more than enough :)

FtbBossWhoIsAw3s0m3

Jul 29, 2019
a fuckton. 3x as much as I use. I have enough, that instead of autarchic gate, i have a tesseract making the pipe instantly empty the inventory ;)
60 HP Boilers.
for eu, i use power converters and 256 ultimate hybrid solars

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I have many different power sources.

My AE system is powered by solars; currently one MV array and five LV arrays, for a total of 52 EU/t (I have the output of all IC2 renewables nerfed by 50% in the configs, including the compact solars). As the network grows, this number will increase.

My MJ machines are powered by a bank of six combustion engines, controlled by pipe gates to only run when the intermediate redstone energy cell has room for energy. That's a theoretical 36 MJ/t minus a small bit of loss. However, I've had five of those deactivated for ages. The single remaining engine is more than enough to cover my MJ needs, and even so it's sitting idle often. The combustion engines run on fossil fuel; since the start of this map, I've consumed about 200 out of the ~1000 buckets of oil that my local oil well yielded. MJ machines I have: the six TE machines, three carpenters (water/seed oil/honey), Forestry centrifuge and squeezer, assembly table with six lasers. Also a quarry, but not currently set up.

My EU machines draw power from an array of four MFSUs. Energy input comes from either a pair of nuclear reactors at 672 EU/t (2x 280 at +20% output boost config), or four GregTech thermal generators at 96 EU/t. Both are activated manually when needed, depending on how much juice I need and how much lava I have stored. Nether pumping is disabled, I grab lava from overworld lakes I encounter while mining only. EU machines I have: three industrial grinders, one industrial blast furnace, one matter fabricator, two industrial centrifuges, two assembly machines, one wiremill, one automatic one canning machine, one chemical reactor, one macerator, one compressor, one extractor, one implosion compressor. Three more nuclear reactors stand ready for future expansion.

I also have a single 1 LP boiler running off creasote oil that used to power a Forestry tree farm. But now that I have multiple thousands of all 4 vanilla wood log types, that is shut down too.

Reactions: rymmie1981

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
FTB 8.x.x (with mystcraft and power converters, and a few others I think)

Ignoring the 15 or so Adv Hybrid Solars feeding the matter fab (or whatever the GT one is called).. ugh solarium. Maybe 800eu/t

Reed farm feeding 2 fermenters for biomass to 12 or so biomass engines for bee machines and associated carpenters, etc. And the occasional liq tesseract to a biomass engine for various remote needs. approx 50 mj/t

Oil bees feeding a refinery for 10 diesel gens for centrifuges, macerators, blast furnaces, GT machines, etc about 240 eu/t

Lightning rod in eternal storm age fed into energy converter to energy tesseracts to 4 quarries speed eating a deteriorating dense ore age. With filters pulling from ender chests to routers and barrels. 4 MFSUs to two tesseracts so about 2048 eu/t to 150mj/t

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
11 boilers (1 fuel, 4 biofuel, 6 wood planks) (Might be 12, I forgot if I last counted before or after I added the last boiler).

The biofuel and wood planks come from an MFR tree farm that is fed industrial fertilizer from a cow farm/sewer system and a Steve's Carts Tree farm.

5 of the boilers are connected via steam tesseracts to Power Converters to produce 1750 EU/t for a matter fabricator. Also added to that is 10 ultimate hybrids and 2 advanced solar panels. So the matter fab gets 6886 EU/t during the day and 2392 EU/t at night.

One of the boilers is used to power the main base (primarily the fermenter/still setup, the refinery for oil (from oil bees) and other random machines in my base for spot processing.

I have 4 energy tesseracts, each pumping out 96 MJ/t (the server is configured to not lose 25% through them). Each channel powers something different (1 for quarries, 2 for bees, 1 for random stuff.)

Another boiler is dedicated to my AE + processing system. AE uses about 60 MJ/t, but I also have a bunch of pulverizers and powered furnaces, so the total drain on that system is about 100 MJ/t when my quarries are running full speed, so I have room to expand.

One more boiler is used to power my main base machines with 512 EU/t.

So my total power is 6886 + 512 EU/t = 7398 EU/t

And (4 * 96) + (2 * 144) = 672 MJ/t

I also have two blutricity solar panels to power a single blulectric alloy furnace.

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
~7000 EU/t During day and maybe 200 MJ/t just for my Quarries.

8 x 36 HP solid boilers burning redwood logs from 2 Forestry multblock farms

1 x 36 HP liquid fueled boiler burning Biofuel from saplings, wheat, sugar cane, and Cacti from other multiblock farms

8 Nuclear Reactors producing 544 mb/t of steam (steam output enabled makes them that much sweeter). Also 3 breeders making a tiny amount as well.

All the steam created from these machines feed into >25 Railcraft Turbines (I don't understand the lore of powerconverters) and Industrial Steam engines to feed my Quarry Machine.

96 Thermal Generators fed via GT advanced pump from Nether (yawn I know)

3 Ultimate Solar Hybrids (again yawn) and maybe 3 or 4 other hybrids/advanced.

Many other Generators, mostly from GT used to burn excess Liquids mostly, such as Hydrogen, Methane, Creosete, Fuel, Nitro Diesel, Excess Biofuel.

Also plenty more regular generators set to burn coal when inventory gets a large amount.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
5680 EU/t 14 Reactors plus 2 breeders
256 MJ/t 16 Biofuel generators

Plus standalone lightning rod and matterfab setups.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm.

Well I just upgraded my biomass production, I should be able to support 980 EU/t constantly off of the lava I generate using combustion engines. That's over 50 MFR farms into six fermenters powered by eight biogas engines. That's put into 6 stills powered by 6 biogas engines.

That biofuel is fed into 160 combustion engines running 32 magma crucibles.

That lava is fed into 56 thermal generators.

So much work for so little. It's so satisfying though.

Then it's onto bees for uranium sustainability, nuclear power craziness going. I am looking for pure automation and sustainability. I will not do with any waste, excessive-ness or inefficiency. If the system itself is inefficient due to there being more efficient "blocks", then that doesn't count. Solar isn't fun to play with I find.

After than, who knows. Biomass (includes methane/charcoal), nuclear, etc. I don't know what the etc. is yet, but I'll figure something out. No boilers, fusion or excessive solar panels, heh.

DarkWasp

Jul 29, 2019
Base era 1: 2 MJ/t spread out across RS engines and magma engines not consistently run (10 EU/t running a miner, I was too stupid to chain generators at the time)

Base era 2: 40 MJ/t (10 magmas) 200 EU/t geothermals

Base era 3: 180 EU/t constant, but 512 EU/t for a period of about 11 hours if the quarry was running and the MFSU chains were full (Mark I reactor)

Base era 4: 500+ EU/t, threw two extra reactors on

Base era 5: Short of 200 EU/t constant, capable of spiking to 2048 from the AESU, took down reactors and erected a steam boiler instead. 64 MJ/t constant. // Moved reactors down to my matter fab but never got around to setting them up

Base era 6: roughly 22 EU/t (one standard Hybrid solar severely hindered by a mystcraft bug causing the overworld to rain very frequently) 0 MJ/t. Steam boiler is out of fuel and all of my machines are missing... I moved to space. There's still 900,000,000+ EU left in the IDSU though.

Space era 1: Something like 56k EU/t

When FTB 1.6 comes out I'm going to be totally more spammy with my power generation. I should be able to get to fusion much faster the second time around if I don't slack so much on my main base's power generation. Amazing how just under 200 EU/t can pretty much permanently run a non-overclocked completely automated factory with a quarry running.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I guess racing to fusion is fun for some. I don't see the appeal personally. So much engineering work to have fun with in FTB, heh.