What is the total EU/t or MJ/t of your system?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DarkWasp

Jul 29, 2019
I guess racing to fusion is fun for some. I don't see the appeal personally. So much engineering work to have fun with in FTB, heh.

Well the initial fusion reactor wasn't quite as interesting to me, but I like the new one.

Something about building a dedicated facility that houses 144 Industrial Centrifuges and 36 Industrial Electrolyzers all running to accomplish the almost-perfect ratio of chemicals to generate not constant power, but constant liquid which can be tesseracted or moved around and used as power anywhere you can slap down a few plasma generators.

It's one of the more complex power generations. Certainly a more accomplished feeling than running lava or solar.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
If you know the centrifuge/electrolyze times, plan for the volume of liquid you need and allow for the flow rates (unless tesseracts for easy mode).

Technically speaking, there are more interesting projects, less well defined than fusion. Getting the materials for fusion is another story though. All those iridiums means UU-matter, which means finding a way to generate all that EU.

I find that part is the most challenging.

DarkWasp

Jul 29, 2019
Well yeah I think in the grand scope of things I'm glad I took it slow the first time around. I dropped a good reactor system just so I could do something I had never done before: a steam boiler. I got into bees just for fun and in the end I learned they make the best way to get rubies for a fusion reactor.

Oh also, I got most of my iridium with a jetpack on my back and a mining pick in hand in The End. Next time around I'll focus a little more on matter fabs, so I'll need to use more power.

What power systems do you find the most interesting to engineer?

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well any system that requires the time and effort in achieving equilibrium. That can always been tweeked in terms of efficiency.

Another co-requisite of any project is architecture. I spend dumb amounts of time trying to find at aesthetically pleasing, as well as efficient/automated ways to do things.

Fusion is too well defined. You can find a guide that tells you x amount of x required to run x and x. With tesseracts, there is no pipe management, you just kinda stick this doohicky here and make sure the valve is behind the tesseract.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
About 4100EU/t from two 512EU/t auto refueling Nuclear Reactors, rest from HV solar arrays. Additional 220EU/t from GregTech Lava generators available if I can be bothered to go to nether to load up my pump(SSP). Feeds into 6 AESU's and an IDSU network.

About 1000MJ/t from 4 HP Boilers(2 running on fuel generated by bees, 2 running on Biofuel generated from saplings, wheat and bees) and 4 LP Boilers(running on creosote oil, charcoal, coal coke and peat) all feeding industrial steam engines...

Reactions: DarkWasp

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
For EU I usually have around 10000eu/t floating around going through transformers and such.
For MJ (which only powers a few machines) I have 10 or 20 (can't remember which) Magmatics always full so that is either 40 or 80 MJ/t.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I currently have 1 liquid fueled boiler on biomass. That's pumped into 144MJ/tick, unless my MFSU gets low, then it switches to turbines, and kicks my 100EU/tick reactor in. I also have 2MV panels keeping the MFSU topped off in all but the most dire of times, and another 2 ticking away making UUM. So that's 2*200EU/tick (turbines) + 100EU/tick (nuke) + 2*64EU/tick (panels) peak into my main system.

144 MJ/tick from steam + 120MJ/tick from force engines throttled with milk.

At some point, I might set up more MJ to feed to the MFR laser, but it's fine for the moment, and my biggest issue is copper, which quarries are better for.

CapturetheBomb

Jul 29, 2019
I am working on getting a Force Engine with milk throttle loop with MFR's lava fab and rancher. Cheap to make and self maintaining.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I still don't have a substantial power output, although I did connect a MFR tree farm to 6 coke ovens. I've only got a couple 1LP boilers running a couple hobbyist engines for my output, and a IC2 generator for my ic2 needs. I just built the blast furnace to get steel to travel to the nether. Tried using the lava/plank trick, and all I succeeded in doing is burning down part of the tree (huge natura redwood tree). Haven't found any soul sand in the nether yet, so still no golem powered farms. ugh.

My current power setup
1 LP solid fuel boiler - 2MJ
2 hobbyist engines - 1.6MJ/ea

Total 4.2MJ

10eu/t for ic2 generator.

Cubstep12

Jul 29, 2019
I have a 36 LP boiler so thats 72 mj/t. I have 9 generators running off of planks so I get 90 eu/t for my IC2/GT needs :D

Neko303

Jul 29, 2019
100 Magmatic engines feeding into 4 energy cells. Those cells connect to a tesseract. That's 400MJ/t. I like to think of myself as a combination of a industrial giant and a dictator. I call myself the Helios Corporation. Since I'm the embodiment of fire, lava, and the sun, I'm working on a Gregtech nuclear fusion reactor at the heart of the Helios building but for now I'm getting eu from 25 geothermal reactors. I'm not sure how much that gives. I'm not sure if this counts as a energy source but I also have a 1900 vis aura node with about 80 crystal clusters around it and 8 crystal capacitors.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well now my system is officially able to produce a steady 480 EU/t, if I'm not centrifuging the lava for stuff.

When my tanks max out and I purge the system, I can get a cool 2048 EU/t for a while, then back down to 480 EU/t. 460 EU/t from my two nuclear reactors and 19x8 + 64 EU/t from my solars.

If we're counting MJ/t, I think I have something around 400 MJ/t from my combusion engines and ~ 100 MJ/t from my biogas engines.[DOUBLEPOST=1373162318][/DOUBLEPOST]Adding to my calculations, I produce a bucket of lava every 60 ticks, or three seconds. That's 10 000 EU/s, but I can only consume it at a maximum rate of 56x24 EU/t, since I only have 56 thermal generators. That's 1344 EU/t.

Hmmmmmmmm, things are not adding up.

CapturetheBomb

Jul 29, 2019
Just started a new world. I have a solar boiler with two mirrors powering a hobbyist steam engine, with a large buffer of 8 Buildcraft tanks. When the sun is up, I get .2MJ/t. I am now only doing renewable forms of energy, including startup. Tree power only.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Using charcoal in hobbyist steam engines is renewable. And way better then solar boiler

CapturetheBomb

Jul 29, 2019
Using charcoal in hobbyist steam engines is renewable. And way better then solar boiler

Solar boiler is free and doesn't take any input, which is all that matters to me. I don't need the power right now. Working my way to getting a rancher and a lava fabricator from MFR. Using milk as a throttle for force engines, I can infinitely supply myself lava that is not nether based.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Or do what I did.

I think over 80 MFR farms into biofuel into eventually 160 combustion engines for lava.

Heh...