What is the total EU/t or MJ/t of your system?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
1. Quarries
2. Diamond pipes aren't difficult, just takes a little bit of organizational skill
3. Quarry in the ocean baby, unless you really love that ocean bed topography...

Lw6UXTx.jpg

And how not to own the landscape via building stuff? Build in the air baby:

7bGnqMD.jpg

CapturetheBomb

Jul 29, 2019
1. Quarries
2. Diamond pipes aren't difficult, just takes a little bit of organizational skill
3. Quarry in the ocean baby, unless you really love that ocean bed topography...

And how not to own the landscape via building stuff? Build in the air baby:

I really like the oceans. I never build far from one, and always on the western shore to watch the sun set. The deep, blue water with underwater mountains filled with legions of squid is amazing to behold. I need to just find a Mystcraft age after getting MJ production situated to destroy with quarries.

Problem with Diamond pipes is the cost and overflow. Since I mine rarely, I often have trouble finding diamonds. Just got a Pick with moss on it and a diamond for extra durability and mining level, so I should be ready to advance into the Nether soon.

I build ground level, and have no desire to move from my starting location if I can help it.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well what I did was quarry into the top of a mountain some square space. Built on from there, using that hollowed out space as a starting point. From that I built the rest of that. Near the top of the picture is where this floating gardens leads into my mountain base.

I just took this photo of the beast I use to generate lava, bwahahha. It's the underside of the first module. I plan to build one more with that space I'm clearing out, as shown in the photo. Whether I go to three, is a question of how much biofuel that giant farm can produce, and if I really want to spend the time to build, yet another, 40 combustion engine module >_>.

pDlQrYQ.jpg

And as you can see in the minimap, that mountain is hollowed out. Mining laser on explosive man, explosive.

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
I use about 1500 units for my ae system not sure what that is in eu but meh and I make 120K + from solars 128 ultimate hybrids and like 1000 advanced solars not sure if exact numbers haven't counted :p I seriously use solars to much I mean I made the gt fusion reactor but never used it bit of a waste but meh lol

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
And how have you achieved this. Mathematics and theory would be nice.

Mathematics hardly applies when you just multiply the number of engines with their output. But anyway, I have 8 26HP boilers and 30 generators. So that's 1152 MJ/t and 300 eu/t. The latter are only enabled if I have a surplus of over 50k of charcoal though.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
As ED said before (300 MJ/t from magmatic engines, plus a lot of UE windmills generating a fair sum of power), except I've made an addition in the form of a 9x9x6 reactor from BigReactors (with 9 fuel rods) that can generate up to 2.7k MJ/t if I let it run for about half a minute, although it hangs around 800-2k MJ/t most of the time.
It's very nice, yes. I still haven't got enough output on the damn thing. Once it really gets going, it can't output fast enough to keep the internal buffer from filling. POWER FOR AGEEEES!

Sent from boobs (because why not?)

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
Lets see. I believe the exact number is 222 eu/t in my main grid.

1. I have two wind farms augmented with solar panels to hit 32 eu/t (IE, five windmills with only two obstructions crazy high up). Nighttime output is around 10 eu/t.
2. 3 sets of 4 advanced solar panels, so thats daytime output of 32 eu/t.
3. 1 set of two gregtech gas turbines running on methane of which I have a tank, so thats also providing 32 eu/t.
4. A set of three regular generators which are kept constantly full of charcoal by my golem buddies. One takes the balsa my multifarm makes, pops it into an electric furnace, and the others keep the generators full and happy.

In all of the above cases the generators feed into batboxes to provide a buffer; I usually shoot for as close to 32 as I can get, but in the last case I don't imagine I should given how stupid default generators are.

I used to utilize a two-chamber hybrid thorium/plutonium breeder reactor which output 138 eu/t, but this design was broken (or rather "fixed") by whichever gregtech version we moved to when the ultimate pack updated to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2. It's a good thing I tested it in creative ahead of time.

Powering my matter fabricator, however, I have 12 diesel generators and 16 thermal generators.
Thermal generators were deactivated when my nether pump went dry recently, and thanks to the weird effects governing lava flow, I haven't yet gone off and made a new one yet given how it randomly restarted pumping with no input from me (at least twice).

On my to-do list are a few semi-fluid generators (each produces 8 eu/t, so I'll probably set them up in fours). I just recently hit River bees in the extrabees tree; these produce clay dust. 8 clay dust can be electrolyzed into 2 sodium cells (30k eu each) and 1 lithium cell (60k eu) at the cost of maybe only 10k eu. Once I get a third river queen and give it fast work speed, I intend to automate this process with yet more golems. I'd been interested in sodium/lithium power generation for quite a while, but only with the river bees do I have a source of clay that isn't a pain to acquire.

As for my michael jacksons, I'm producing 80 mj/t. Its just 16 biogas engines running round the clock. A single small multifarm with only half the plots farming balsa trees provides enough biomass for there to be a surplus, although this might be because I use honey to amplify output.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Okay... I don't have exact numbers because I have no idea what the Atomic Science turbines output, but this is my current generation set up:

16 36HP Fuel fed Liquid-Fired Boilers feeding 60 large reactor turbines. 40 of these feed into my MJ network via tesseracts, 20 feed into my EU network via IDSU.
Somewhere between 50 and 70 Thermal Generators feeding into 5 MFSU's in my base, another 30-40 Thermal Generators feeding into my IDSU network. And 6 lightning rods, 5 of which feed into my IDSU net and 1 of which is dedicated solely to my matter fabricator.

I've just gotten radioactive bees so will be exploring nuclear options at some point, and I'm intending on building both an Atomic Science and GT fusion reactor.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I think the pinnacle of my base's energy production will be at 20 ultimate hybrids, a nuclear cycle and my lava. It'll be around (on average, including night time) hopefully ~ 8000, to fill the demand of my matter fabricator. Otherwise I still have something around 12 MFSU's dedicate to base operations and my system is wired in such a way that it prioritizes base energy over matter fabricator energy, just that having an energy sink is nice. The only constant load on the system I foresee aside from the matter fabricator is the AE system and the future automated ore processing station. Neither of which will exceed 1000 EU/t.

Though I also have a 16 MFSU buffer between the matter fabricator and the energy generation systems, for nighttime-daytime crap. I might even set up a system that only allows energy to flow once the last MFSU is filled. (Even though they are connected in parallel, they don't fill up evenly for some reason....) It's the same amount of energy only 8192 EU/t is much funner.