What is the most overwhelming item you ever crafted?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
The website said something about interdimensional AE stuff. As in it'll be a required crafting ingredient for interdimensional AE systems (i.e. Connect AE system in Overworld and Nether together)

There are also posts popping up that Logistics Pipes will be added to FTB?
That would make the interdimensional AE almost obsolete. (There was a mod spotlight from Bevo not too long ago, where he built a remote AE system by simply adding a few LP pipes. I haven't used the mod yet, so no idea how exactly it worked. :))

Reactions: Bevo

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, you'd have to create a chain of item tesseracts in order to do that. If you want to send items back and forth, that'd leave 3 input and 3 output for each tesseract. Each LP can control 9 different items...

I dunno, though it could technically be cheaper than whatever it takes to create the singularity and the rest of the parts, I am unsure if I'd personally do this.

russjr08

Jul 29, 2019
I don't like the activation requirements of the GraviChestPlate, it should only use energy if you're in flight. Though creative fly is SOOOOO much better.

I wonder if it'd be better to just use the advanced nano for in base work. I tend to fly a lot until I have the infrastructure down to walk around. Having to continuously turn that on and off... Though you could make the case that you're in base, having enough charge pads around it shouldn't be too bad.

Does the solar helmet charge faster than the suit consumes energy? Unlucky for me, my base is located underground, but its a consideration for going out and fighting, baby?

Yeah I had the ultimate solar helmet, and if you're outside it does keep up.

As for the most overwhelming thing I've crafted... GraviChestPlate.. Those non-stackables..

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
There are also posts popping up that Logistics Pipes will be added to FTB?
That would make the interdimensional AE almost obsolete. (There was a mod spotlight from Bevo not too long ago, where he built a remote AE system by simply adding a few LP pipes. I haven't used the mod yet, so no idea how exactly it worked. :))
I'd probably stick with AE because it's so awesomely simple, and i can't seem to figure out logistics pipes.
I've heard it's pretty cool though, so i might give it another go at some point.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, you'd have to create a chain of item tesseracts in order to do that. If you want to send items back and forth, that'd leave 3 input and 3 output for each tesseract. Each LP can control 9 different items...

I dunno, though it could technically be cheaper than whatever it takes to create the singularity and the rest of the parts, I am unsure if I'd personally do this.

I can't check YouTube at the moment, but watch "Block Tutorial: Applied Energistics & Logistics Pipes Connectivity" by BevoLJ from 06/28/2013. From what I remember, he got complete access to the inventories using ME Interfaces and a few LP pipes.

Reactions: Bevo

russjr08

Jul 29, 2019
I can't check YouTube at the moment, but watch "Block Tutorial: Applied Energistics & Logistics Pipes Connectivity" by BevoLJ from 06/28/2013. From what I remember, he got complete access to the inventories using ME Interfaces and a few LP pipes.

Oh I know what you're talking about! You just slap a provider pipe onto the ME interface and all of a sudden, it can see the ME Network :p

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
AE RV12 will be out super soon. The Dev version of it is on RC18 (maybe 19 by now?) and is looking great. I will have a tutorial on setting up the interdimensional setup for it this weekend (hopefully, if it is still bug free).

@ Methusalem - Cheers m8. That tutorial was a lot of fun to do. Here is the one you are talking about.

Reactions: DWLooney and Linda

lolpierandom

Jul 29, 2019
Probably the gravisuite chest plate. I had to do it over multiple days because it was too tedious to do it in one sitting.

That's what I thought about nonstackables, and then I discovered the magic that is XyCraft fab. Alternatively, in new versions, use the BC crafting table or TE crafter.

For me? Fusion Reactor. Self explanatory, I would think.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
That's what I thought about nonstackables, and then I discovered the magic that is XyCraft fab. Alternatively, in new versions, use the BC crafting table or TE crafter.

For me? Fusion Reactor. Self explanatory, I would think.

Right now, I'm trying to determine if I can automate the crafting of an ultimate panel using solely golems. Lol.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
AE RV12 will be out super soon. The Dev version of it is on RC18 (maybe 19 by now?) and is looking great. I will have a tutorial on setting up the interdimensional setup for it this weekend (hopefully, if it is still bug free).

@ Methusalem - Cheers m8. That tutorial was a lot of fun to do. Here is the one you are talking about.

Holy fuck.

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
Well it'd actually be more work >_>. Considering you'd have to make the pattern, encode the pattern, throw it in your MAC, tell your MAC to build it....

Though, I can sympathize. I find myself wanting to make patterns for everything, simply for the novelty of doing so. I have had my AE system for quite a while now and I've only filled 1.5 pattern.... Holders? I guess I was getting to anal about being super efficient about using my AE resources. Especially now that I'm using routers....

>_>.

You don't need to do that for every step. In the pattern creating machine (forgot the name) open NEI, select the item you want to create a pattern for and press shift + the "?" button and you get your ghost pattern put in there without having the actual items. So you can just click through the build tree, get all the patterns, drop them in the assembly thingy and then request one end product. Doesn't work with the usual stuff where shift+? won't work (like IC2 batteries for example).

Reactions: Poppycocks

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
For me, the first time I built a quarry when I first started with Tekkit. I need this gear, then this, then this, and then all these diamonds? Well, there goes all my resources, this block better be worth it. Also at the same time a creeper came along and blew up said block. Being single player, I cheated in a new quarry after my screaming fit passed...

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't work with the usual stuff where shift+? won't work (like IC2 batteries for example).

You can, however, craft a single battery at some point in the future and use that to update all your battery-using recipes. Ideally craft one using the recipe within your AE network, then it'll be able to autocraft to its hearts content :)