What is the most overwhelming item you ever crafted?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
Item: 64k Storage Card
Why: This took me 2 hours of crafting because of the recipe. When I first saw the recipe, I was really shock cause I never made a item that has a long recipe.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Item: 64k Storage Card
Why: This took me 2 hours of crafting because of the recipe. When I first saw the recipe, I was really shock cause I never made a item that has a long recipe.

Probably the gravisuite chest plate. I had to do it over multiple days because it was too tedious to do it in one sitting.

Reactions: russjr08

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Not really an item, per say, but I tried to build a 5x7x18 ME crafting CPU. I got the 24 pattern providers I needed, however, I only got 63 of the 312 needed crafting CPUs before the server reset.

I might have a picture of it in the no-topic thread somewhere, if you want to see it. Search for the phrase "My insanity is making progress", posted by member PeggleFrank.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Gonna have to agree on the 64k storage card. Ended up teaching my ME system to auto-craft them since there's soooooooo many damn steps.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Gonna have to agree on the 64k storage card. Ended up teaching my ME system to auto-craft them since there's soooooooo many damn steps.

I normally only create one of the lower storage drives, and then progressively teach the ME system to build them as I step up the ranks ._.
Kinda taking the easy way out there...

I'd have to agree with the greg-tech IDSU as the most complicated item I've ever made, not because of the recipe, but because of the infrastructure needed to make them ><

Why would you make 64k storage cells? There's gonna be alot of wasted bytes
My friend, you haven't lived if you haven't had an automated system you're designing to go so badly wrong that it fills up your; 64k drive dedicated to buffer against this very thing, your overflow 64k drive, and everything else with sticks.
(Basically you need them for the very same reason you need DSU's, people love to horde)

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
The first gravichest I crafted was without AE, and it's the worst so far. Won't be doing that again. I never did a 64k storage without automation though.

Reactions: Riuga

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Mine would have to be either my monstrous MAC (I had 200 pattern providers and 300 CPUs, can't remember the exact dimensions of it, but that should be a general indicator of size) OR a full set of 20 16M storage cells (From ExtraCells)

Reactions: ApSciLiara

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Mine would have to be the first thing anyone makes: Wooden Pickaxe (ignoring Crafting Table and Planks), the moment I first crafted it, I knew I was playing one hell of a great game and to be honest it was overwhelming with all the content it had. I started playing in Minecraft 1.1 and from then on wanted to craft everything and do everything but failed... Because its minecraft.

Anyways after that moment, my most overwhelming thing to make was all the components of a Fusion Reactor, took me about a month of on and off playing.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
how could a 64K module take 2 hours? Ill have to test it im sure i only spent 10 minutes or so on it the last time I made one. Even 30 minutes would be slow. 2 hours... you had to be doing something wrong. Were you using a powered furnace or something to cook the processors and had to sit around and wait?

Reactions: PeggleFrank

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
It only took me about 10 minutes to make my first 64k. If you plan ahead, crafting isn't difficult. That is unless you are working with unstackable items. That is when crafting becomes tedious and boring. Multi-step crafting procedures can be calculated ahead of time. That little bit of math will save you a lot of manhours, re-putting items into the crafting bench to recraft an item you made a couple minutes ago, because it was required in another step.

If you have an AE system, take advantage of the MAC. I've saved myself hours of time spent crafting, allowing myself to do other things and I'm not even exaggerating. It's nice to run by one of your access terminals, located in multiple locations, check on a few things, order a few hundred or so scented paneling, a stack of diamonds, 30-40 iron OR gates and a couple hundred other items in preparation for the next step in your project, then go do something else and have it all done for you.

The most tedious item I have ever crafted was probably the 70 or so harvesters I made by hand (without AE). Shears do not stack, golden axes do not stack, it's obvious where I'm going with this.