What is the most overwhelming item you ever crafted?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
That Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panel in Unleashed.. 64 pieces of uranium for an infinite 512 EU/t (64 EU/t at night) generation?

Took about a week to get, but WORTH IT. I have so much UU Matter now that I barely ever run out of essential materials, it's awesome.
(For the record, I'm not someone who prefers high difficulty over creativeness - I know this system's overpowered, but I much prefer to have freedom to be creative and do whatever I want than just mine for materials constantly. That's why I don't use the GregTech builds. [Well, that, and tConstruct is my 2nd favourite mod of all time, first being ComputerCraft])

Jul 29, 2019
For me is a vanilla item, i needed 512 dispensers for a project i was working on...

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
any long-chain item (usually GT) that you have to teach to the AE system the first time. after that, you just hit "craft" and youre done.
arg. so many patterns.
as to the eariler comments on the 64K cells, a max size quarry will fill most of one up. with some of the GT side products that you cant always immediatly do something with (such as the tiny dust piles) you need the item space more than overall volume.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Never really did any of the high tier gregtech stuff, so for me it's gotta be the galgadorian drill. That was before I got my AE system running so it was a huge pain.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
any long-chain item (usually GT) that you have to teach to the AE system the first time. after that, you just hit "craft" and youre done.
arg. so many patterns.
as to the eariler comments on the 64K cells, a max size quarry will fill most of one up. with some of the GT side products that you cant always immediatly do something with (such as the tiny dust piles) you need the item space more than overall volume.
Yeah, I figured this out quick too. I saw cells at 50% full, but no longer able to accept anything more and was like "fuck that". I am exclusively on 4k cells. I still have 16 disk drives in my AE area, so I'll be good.....

We hope.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well the things that you never build more than one of, such that they don't warrant providing space in your AE MAC for... Those are the ones.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well it'd actually be more work >_>. Considering you'd have to make the pattern, encode the pattern, throw it in your MAC, tell your MAC to build it....

Though, I can sympathize. I find myself wanting to make patterns for everything, simply for the novelty of doing so. I have had my AE system for quite a while now and I've only filled 1.5 pattern.... Holders? I guess I was getting to anal about being super efficient about using my AE resources. Especially now that I'm using routers....

>_>.

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
Not really an item, per say, but I tried to build a 5x7x18 ME crafting CPU. I got the 24 pattern providers I needed, however, I only got 63 of the 312 needed crafting CPUs before the server reset.

I might have a picture of it in the no-topic thread somewhere, if you want to see it. Search for the phrase "My insanity is making progress", posted by member PeggleFrank.

You would've never completed that damn thing anyway!
Oh, and probably a Gravichest. And I'm not sure it counts, but the first time I did the theory of everything, my god that was painful.

Reactions: Riuga

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking to get into TC (Tinkers? THAUMCRAFT?), but seriously the latter.

Suggestions?

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Well if thaumcraft stuff counts, then that arcane bore was a real pain to get. I spent a LOT of time creating the perfect wand and pickaxe for that arcane bore. I think I ended up with potency 3, treasure 3, frugal 3, repair 2 on the wand, and efficiency 5, unbreaking 3, repair 2 on the pickaxe. The worst part was that it caused such massive lag that I had to shut it off. At least the galgadorian drill was useful and cool, which is more than I can say for that stupid bore.

Prodigy39

Jul 29, 2019
Longest project I've ever crafted... Probobly a fusion reactor and all the coils. Took me at least a month even with the Iridium shortcut back in 1.4.7.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
64K storage wasn't tough once I taught my AE crafting computer how to make them. However, I had taught it earlier how to make 4K storage and 64K was just a few more recipes beyond that.

However, tough is relative. GraviChestPlate was tough. There's many, many recipes in that one and it requires a *ton* of UU-matter. I have not taught that one yet to my AE crafting computer in our relatively new world. I don't have enough UU-matter yet to contemplate a GraviChestPlate (trying to stick to 2x trees farms for 100% of my energy).

I figure it will require at least an hour to just *teach* my AE computer how to craft GraviChestPlate, but I won't even bother until I have the Ultimate Solar Helmet which itself is insanely expensive. But, you pretty much need the Ultimate Solar Helmet to use the GraviChestPlate for anything except short bursts. The GraviChestPlate + Ultimate Solar Helmet is perhaps slightly superior to Advanced NanoChestPlate + QuantumHelmet in the balance, but it's exponentially more expensive and difficult to craft.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I don't like the activation requirements of the GraviChestPlate, it should only use energy if you're in flight. Though creative fly is SOOOOO much better.

I wonder if it'd be better to just use the advanced nano for in base work. I tend to fly a lot until I have the infrastructure down to walk around. Having to continuously turn that on and off... Though you could make the case that you're in base, having enough charge pads around it shouldn't be too bad.

Does the solar helmet charge faster than the suit consumes energy? Unlucky for me, my base is located underground, but its a consideration for going out and fighting, baby?

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
My friend, you haven't lived if you haven't had an automated system you're designing to go so badly wrong that it fills up your; 64k drive dedicated to buffer against this very thing, your overflow 64k drive, and everything else with sticks.
(Basically you need them for the very same reason you need DSU's, people love to horde)
That's what i'm saying. If you have something that is worth thousands of bytes, use a DSU.
you need it for singularities(cluster)
What do (or will) singularities do anyway?

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
That's what i'm saying. If you have something that is worth thousands of bytes, use a DSU.

What do (or will) singularities do anyway?
The website said something about interdimensional AE stuff. As in it'll be a required crafting ingredient for interdimensional AE systems (i.e. Connect AE system in Overworld and Nether together)