What is the most overpowered mod in your opinion (NO ORESPAWN)

GeniuzGames

Jul 29, 2019
I'm making an overpowered mod pack (1.6.4 mind you) and I need the greatest and best cheaty, overpowered, or just plain hax ever.

dont mind this @trajing

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla obviously
Them pistons though.

I do think that as many times as Magical Crops has been shot with a nerf gun, it's pretty safe to say that it's op. Can't, for the life of me, understand why it hasn't been used for an Agrarian skies type HQM pack yet.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
To answer the question seriously: Zan's minimap. mob tacking means never being surprised by a creeper. I'd stop using it, but I don't know how people find wither skeletons without it.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Rotarycraft is pretty OP... I mean, it's a stated goal of the mod to have "extremely powerful endgame". Want a sword with looting 5 that can oneshot any vanilla mob in the game? Tools and armor that come pre-enchanted when crafted and never break? Ranged weapons and automated base defense turrets capable of outputting hundreds of hearts of damage? A way to produce 12,000 RF/t with just three blocks? A Forestry grafter that turns the entire tree into saplings at once? A machine that multiplies ores a minimum of 5x, but some more than 12x? The ability to destroy bedrock? Reika's got you covered.

Of course, if you aim to play things without NEI cheat mode, you'll need to invest at least a moderate amount of effort (and some junior highschool math skills) to get all the OP toys.

Which brings me to another mod that's extremely OP... NEI set to cheat mode :p

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Overpowered is not a thing in minecraft but I guess a mod can be too rich with convenience. Mekanism is rather simple to set up and the digital miner is just insane, pair it with Big reactors and you will be like "what is mining even!?" it will get you ALL of the ores... umm except for those without ore dictionary and don't silk touch, Magic Farm essence is an example of this.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
It all depends on how you define overpowered anyway. Sure, Blood Magic and Rotarycraft give you some insanely powerful stuff, but when you put that against the context of the sheer amount of blood you need to pump into Blood Magic (which there is no convenient way around - even with crossmod exploitation to provide insane regen, it's still a heavy time investment) or the power requirements in Rotarycraft, it looks more reasonable.

For me, something is overpowered if the time and resources you have to invest into it feels cheap for what it can do. I'd point to Geostrata as an example of this - the crystals you find in caves are capable of dropping 4 shards even without any fortune on your pick, and then all you need is 2 obsidian, 9 gold, 9 redstone dust and 4 glowstone dust and you have something which gives you 5 minutes of a tier 3 buff. I've never upgraded to a pendant from there, because the potion crystals are more than powerful enough as is.

Compare that to what you have to do to get Bedrock Equipment in Rotarycraft, or Bound Armour in Blood Magic.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
TiC is def OP because (1) who gives a f#@% about enchanting weapons with TiC. And some mossy cobblestone is all that stands between a player and free, infinite repair? and (2) it makes ore doubling so early game that its the defacto expectation: You have to smelt 3 iron ore to make a bucket to supply a smeltery with lava, and then doubling the rest of the way.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism is way OP. Not only do you get a bunch of wind and solar power, but all you have to do is plop the digital miner down randomly and it will suck all the diamonds out of the earth in a huge radius. In my next world Im going to Minetweak it to require a visit to mars actually craft one.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
TiC is def OP because (1) who gives a f#@% about enchanting weapons with TiC. And some mossy cobblestone is all that stands between a player and free, infinite repair? and (2) it makes ore doubling so early game that its the defacto expectation: You have to smelt 3 iron ore to make a bucket to supply a smeltery with lava, and then doubling the rest of the way.
tbf the moss is OP because of how easy it is to get moss stone with mods such as Chisel. In vanilla moss stone is a rare and limited resource.[DOUBLEPOST=1410775327][/DOUBLEPOST]
Mekanism is way OP. Not only do you get a bunch of wind and solar power, but all you have to do is plop the digital miner down randomly and it will suck all the diamonds out of the earth in a huge radius. In my next world Im going to Minetweak it to require a visit to mars actually craft one.
And hydrogen power in earlier versions

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
tbf the moss is OP because of how easy it is to get moss stone with mods such as Chisel. In vanilla moss stone is a rare and limited resource.[DOUBLEPOST=1410775327][/DOUBLEPOST]

Perhaps it used to be. Since 1.7.x it occurs in clumps on the surface in a number of the new biomes. And recipes (in 1.8?) to make mossy stones from cobblestone + vines in the crafting table.

Reactions: immibis

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Overpowered is not a thing in minecraft but I guess a mod can be too rich with convenience. Mekanism is rather simple to set up and the digital miner is just insane, pair it with Big reactors and you will be like "what is mining even!?" it will get you ALL of the ores... umm except for those without ore dictionary and don't silk touch, Magic Farm essence is an example of this.
There's actually two ways to get non-ore dictionary/silk touch items with the digital miner. You can set it to inverse mode and blacklist what you don't want (you'll end up with at least some things you don't want, as it will mine up bedrock, buildcraft springs and gascraft shale) or be lazy like me and cheat in items to set thr filters ,then throw them out (I did the inversion thing once ,but it's a pain to remember everything you don't want mined...like the torches from your initial diggings.)