What is the most overpowered mod in your opinion (NO ORESPAWN)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Really? It seems too simple to me; what is making it hard?
The definitions of easy and hard are tricky to work with here.

I don't find RoC at all hard compared to, say, Gregtech, by any stretch. But I do find it really hard to wrap my brain around how linear RoC is: you have to march through each gate linearly, and any clever or realistic workarounds are frequently shut down. In that sense, I find it difficult.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Really? It seems too simple to me; what is making it hard?
It seems too simple to me;
too simple to me;
WELL
Unless you have the mathematical skills of a god and a half, you'll be spending days on powering 2 machines. Keep in mind that the power transmitters in this mod ARE NOT CABLES. AT ALL. They're full blocks with 90% (exagg.) chances to break.
You need gearboxes and flywheels to adjust the torque and speed of the shafts. They both need lube (or else they break pretty frequently), which requires grinding some seeds in the slowest machine ever.
To change the shafts' direction, you need special blocks. These blocks are extremely hard to figure out, since the screwdriver doesn't turn them. It only shows their outputs and inputs.
It's pretty late for me right now, so I can't hold much argument tonight.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
First, wood gears do not need lube.
Second, you said that it was conversion of shaft power to RF that was the problem. There is a single block that will do that, and it's trivial at low power (steam engines) level.

Not cables? Full blocks? Last time I checked, rendering aside, RF conduits are also full blocks, heck, there is no "cable" concept that isn't a block that I know of.

Changing the shaft directions? I've done that with a hand-held item (I think it's called a screwdriver).

Oh, are you referring to the right-angle turn blocks? Ok, so a bunch of colored squares showing where it connects, and you just click the right color.

Math skills? 1, 4, 16, 64, 128, 256, 512, 2048, 65536 -- I think those are the numbers. Being able to double and halve powers of two once or twice. Being able to add.

Ok, so there's fluctuation in the AC engine if you don't have the clock perfect, and the flywheel exists to smooth that out. (I haven't used it yet).

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
WELL
Unless you have the mathematical skills of a god and a half, you'll be spending days on powering 2 machines. Keep in mind that the power transmitters in this mod ARE NOT CABLES. AT ALL. They're full blocks with 90% (exagg.) chances to break.
You need gearboxes and flywheels to adjust the torque and speed of the shafts. They both need lube (or else they break pretty frequently), which requires grinding some seeds in the slowest machine ever.
To change the shafts' direction, you need special blocks. These blocks are extremely hard to figure out, since the screwdriver doesn't turn them. It only shows their outputs and inputs.
It's pretty late for me right now, so I can't hold much argument tonight.

Not slimming the quote down because it always breaks on my phone.

Math skills required are knowing how to, at a minimum, take a calculator and multiply / divide by some multiple of two to figure out what torque and speed are needed and how things will change those values. Going past that for the most efficient torque and speed is again just using a calculator.

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I think witchery is pretty op. Build a Vampiric poppet, link it to a mob with insane amount of health (iron golem maybe) get something to give the iron golem high regen and resistance then repeat this 50 times. You can never die.

Not that I'm complaining. I love witchery.

Reactions: epidemia78

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Coming back to this thread, I'm planning to work on a mod that's (on default) intentionally overpowered/unbalanced for people who like ease in the game to enjoy. General mod, doesn't really have a category. Sorry @GeniuzGames, it's for 1.7.10.

BobMcdonald

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I think witchery is pretty op. Build a Vampiric poppet, link it to a mob with insane amount of health (iron golem maybe) get something to give the iron golem high regen and resistance then repeat this 50 times. You can never die.

I don't resistance works on health drain, it negates armor

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps it's because I played RoC with generally harder mods, affecting the gameplay.
In your defense, while RoC isn't terribly hard it's certainly much harder then your regular tech mod fare.

But once you figure out the early methods with RoC it can become as wrote as Thermal Expansion. At least for the basic stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
that's the second nicest thing someone's ever said to me after "Man you're so normal"

Plot twist: The individual is actually Reika and he's trying to get attention (LOVE YOU REIKA)
Maybe I can help you with your love with Reika ;D
6kyp9F4.png

Speaking of overpowered, this thing gets knockback 35 when crafted.
Overpowered?: Yes
Fun to use?: Yes

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Not exactly an outlandish opinion, but Draconic Evolution is the most OP mod in my opinion. Everything about the mod just screams "MOAR NUMBERS!" to me.

The poppets still break after you get hit enough. Not exactly invincible by any stretch of the imagination.

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
Not exactly an outlandish opinion, but Draconic Evolution is the most OP mod in my opinion. Everything about the mod just screams "MOAR NUMBERS!" to me.
Agreed. While I am not the biggest fan of Draconic Evolution, it definitely a nice looking mod. The only reason I actually use DE is the power storage. It's so cool looking *w* It's hard to not look at it and go, "Wow, that's so cool!"
LbfbPG8.png

Also also the spinny charger thingy is really satisfying to look at as it charges things~

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Agreed. While I am not the biggest fan of Draconic Evolution, it definitely a nice looking mod. The only reason I actually use DE is the power storage. It's so cool looking *w* It's hard to not look at it and go, "Wow, that's so cool!"
LbfbPG8.png

Also also the spinny charger thingy is really satisfying to look at as it charges things~
I genuinely like any argument in gaming that goes "its awesome because its awesome". Something to keep in mind in game design :)

Reactions: dragon_fang101