What is the most overpowered mod in your opinion (NO ORESPAWN)

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I GET TO USE THE THING I JUST MADE.

dAjvg0J.png

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
And, for bonus points, our necromancer needs to do their research. Morph has config options to make it balanced.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Umm ... did you poster^ read the post just above you?

("poster^" means, roughly, poster before poster).

===

How about saplings to diamonds?

Reactions: RedBoss

notawallplan

Jul 29, 2019
Concerning RotaryCraft and it's first party addons:
Yes, RotaryCraft's everything can be crafted, but it's progression is much MUCH different from "Let's make the next tier more and more expensive!" It focuses more on infrastructure to power X to get going than having enough energy to power Y once in order to get god material. Sure, you can build a pulse jet furnace right off the bat; but you can't run the dang thing because A: you need jet fuel and B: you need enough instantaneous energy to run the thing anyway. RotaryCraft runs on real-life mechanics most of the time, so if you don't have enough oomph to run the bedrock grinder, tough luck because you just wasted 20 Buckets of lube trying to get the thing to run. Converting RF or EU or even steam to shaft power and back is costly at higher tiers. It's like IC2, but with the added benefit that you can't store the energy without doing some assemeling at first and nothing has a true "buffer."
This also goes for ReactorCraft. You need at least jet-engine infrastructue in order to make your first uranium fuel. Then you have to build this big reactor setup and take about a thousand precautions before starting the thing up and automating it. AND THEN you have to go back into it later on and insert this thingakabob to crerate the other half of the fuel for the fusion reactor that you are going to build.

And for the server owners out there: No greifer will take the time to build infrastructure to make a pulse jet furnace run, just to make it go boom. Even a sloth will stop him/her from doing it because it takes so long.

The most overpowered mod in my opinion is:
Dundun Dun dun Dun dun Dun!
Technomancy! (Specifically towards Botania)

Technomancy allows you to build this "mechanical flower" on the cheep (A small pile of manasteel, 2 iron and an eye of ender) that will generate SO MUCH MANA that even Gaia Spreaders with Velocity lenses won't get the mana out fast enough while generating.
Sure it noms power, but it generates mana in so much haste that terrasteel is not a problem anymore. I once tried it with an ultimate solar panel from Solar Expansion and the thing just cruised along, only eating half of what the solar panel generates.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Bacteria. Hands down winner.

Spotlight video I saw: Imagine first eliminating all oceans in the loaded chunks. Then, eliminating all stone in loaded chunks. Then, activating the "kill all bacteria in the world" "anti run-away" emergency control.

What's left: Some surface dirt, some lakes that might spill down, some underground dirt, gravel that falls to the bottom, and all the ores in your world, exposed for easy digging.

And this is being used as a "you blew it" world destroyer for a skyblock style jampack 2 entry. Don't mess up :)

Reactions: psp

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I GET TO USE THE THING I JUST MADE.

dAjvg0J.png
I'm liking this for the creativity, although I dislike peeps getting their undergarments in a twist over old threads, and don't support name-calling (moron) under any circumstances.

+1 for the font if you photoshopped this yourself.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
In my pack, its Mekanism. Digital miner, 5x ore processing, dirt to clay blocks etc... Although I do have Draconic Evolution in there. Only for the off chance I decide to build that big sphere thingy. Im not going to make those tools.

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
Draconic Evolution, Morph, Extra Utilities, ProjectE/EE3, Definitely Mekanism, Lyra's Magnificent Trinkets (I know it's op, I am in no way saying my mod is balanced x3).......... Avaritia >w>

Last edited:
Reactions: SpitefulFox

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I was about to ask what was OP about exutils. The piping infrastructure is buff but not redonkulously op. Then I remembered all the silly generators.

Actually I find the piping infrastructure redonkulously OP. Dropping stacks of upgrades into slots seems to avoid the obvious need to make a bigger pipe.

The EIO pipes are ridiculous too but at least they incorporate ender pearls which explains their teleportation.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Actually I find the piping infrastructure redonkulously OP. Dropping stacks of upgrades into slots seems to avoid the obvious need to make a bigger pipe.

The EIO pipes are ridiculous too but at least they incorporate ender pearls which explains their teleportation.
Latency vs bandwidth tho dawg, faster transfer instead of wider pipe is a legit response.

Not saying its not incredibly powerful, but pipes these days are judged on their degree of usefulness, which is why everyone despises GT pipes. Which are ranked in size btw :)

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
For the comments about RotaryCraft:
Play RotaryCraft and see how "easy" it is. It's been 6 months and I'm still having trouble converting from shaft power to RF.
For the comments about Mekanism:
While I can't disagree with you, Mekanism was one of the most fun mods I've ever played. Note that GregTech was also one of the most fun mods I've ever played.

If it weren't for the overpowered mods, you wouldn't see any kids in the modded Minecraft community.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Latency vs bandwidth tho dawg, faster transfer instead of wider pipe is a legit response.

Not saying its not incredibly powerful, but pipes these days are judged on their degree of usefulness, which is why everyone despises GT pipes. Which are ranked in size btw :)
Mekanism's pipes are actually great.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
For the comments about RotaryCraft:
Play RotaryCraft and see how "easy" it is. It's been 6 months and I'm still having trouble converting from shaft power to RF.
For the comments about Mekanism:
While I can't disagree with you, Mekanism was one of the most fun mods I've ever played. Note that GregTech was also one of the most fun mods I've ever played.

If it weren't for the overpowered mods, you wouldn't see any kids in the modded Minecraft community.
The individual talking about RoC has been trolling threads specifically to slander RoC. I suspect he created that account specifically for that purpose, and it appears that someone else agrees with me, because at least one of those posts has disappeared.

I wouldn't waste your time responding.