What is the most overpowered mod in your opinion (NO ORESPAWN)

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
You still need power. And bats won't always get you the flight gene. And considering how finding them when you need them is near impossible.
You use coal or rotten flesh because the mod changes that, it is very easy to use the tool on a bat to get an inventory full of cells, all you need to do to find one is go to a mineshaft. Trust me, I can't kill them fast enough.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
You use coal or rotten flesh because the mod changes that, it is very easy to use the tool on a bat to get an inventory full of cells, all you need to do to find one is go to a mineshaft. Trust me, I can't kill them fast enough.
And bring a filing cabinet to be sure you have 1000 scales

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Get ALL the scales! :D
c972j.jpg

ohhh where are the meme makers xd
c973h.jpg

Reactions: madnewmy

einsteinsci

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft, Modular Powersuits, and Morph. No questioning MPS and Morph.

EDIT: Also Portal Gun

Last edited:

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
I was going rant a bit about how over power is up to who is using it... Sigh... but long story short for me I'd say... *cough applied energistics cough* Sorting/storage is tooo easy with that.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
I would say BetterChests is a little bit too powerful, since IIRC one of the upgrades gives you permanent speed 2 for nothing more expensive than a few gold nuggets and some iron. At least Geostrata's crystals require ender pearls, diamonds and some other stuff.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft, not even a contest

For 1.6.4? Abso-fraccing-lootly.

http://binarymage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2571

There's a video at the start of that thread that I found, that has someone using mystcraft soley for the "dense ores" page, and they are just ignoring anything about instability. Of course, they've also got a jetpack from something, TiC 3x3 mining tools, some OP armor, and just ignore everything but whack-a-mine.

There are some lovely ages that they find, and just ignore because, hey, mystcraft is all about the dense ores.[DOUBLEPOST=1413309210][/DOUBLEPOST]
Vanilla is so OP....
  • You can store hundreds of animals safely within a 1 meter cage
Sorry, every time that chunk unloads and reloads you'll have massive leaks. There are ways to reduce the leakage, but the whole "cage" system in that mod is just broken.

It's one of the problems that Direwolf never touched on in his spotlight of that mod from last April.[DOUBLEPOST=1413309395][/DOUBLEPOST]
I keep on debating on whether or not I should watch that whenever I see SatanicSanta.

Yes, yes, watch that playlist, and make sure you are not drinking anything while you do so.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Rotarycraft is pretty OP... I mean, it's a stated goal of the mod to have "extremely powerful endgame". Want a sword with looting 5 that can oneshot any vanilla mob in the game? Tools and armor that come pre-enchanted when crafted and never break? Ranged weapons and automated base defense turrets capable of outputting hundreds of hearts of damage? A way to produce 12,000 RF/t with just three blocks? A Forestry grafter that turns the entire tree into saplings at once? A machine that multiplies ores a minimum of 5x, but some more than 12x? The ability to destroy bedrock? Reika's got you covered.

Of course, if you aim to play things without NEI cheat mode, you'll need to invest at least a moderate amount of effort (and some junior highschool math skills) to get all the OP toys.

Which brings me to another mod that's extremely OP... NEI set to cheat mode :p
I need to very much second this one.

RoC & ReC take just about every standard mechanic you can think of and makes them 2-10x more powerful than anyone else's. Its a shame because a lot of the mechanics are incredibly clever (the reactors in particular are really fun to build) and its essentially the only group of popular mods with "you may not tweak my stuff" rules to make them play nice with other mods (except under various circumstances which don't mitigate the underlying problems).

That said: seriously the reactors are fun to build..
....you just can't play with them in any kind of balanced, hardmode tech pack.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
You guys looking for undictionaried ore with digital miner? You're doing it all wrong. Place miner. Set to mine stone, dirt, sand and gravel. Dump into trashcan. Unless you're in a desert, you should be left with a thin layer of grass, and bed rock with lots of ores floating between them.

My vote for most OP goes to Engineer's Toolbox. Furnaces? Grinders? Frames? High Power? Infinite power? Got them all.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
If you find an ocean, you will find many blocks of diamond and iron too. (the big floating castle) :p
Only if you use the defaults it comes with. If you play around with the files and configs, you can get some real impressive results.
I don't think I ever use a mod with it's default settings... :D

Reactions: 1SDAN and Pyure

nixhlestakov

Jul 29, 2019
My list of op mods:
Blood Magic
DartCraft (dangerously op!!!)
Mystcraft
Every mod with ore doubling feature (seriously)
Hlestakov's Screwdriver (omg all tools in one item with infinite durability omg op nerf plz)

Reactions: 1SDAN

Furukawa_Nagisa

Jul 29, 2019
I'm making an overpowered mod pack (1.6.4 mind you) and I need the greatest and best cheaty, overpowered, or just plain hax ever.

Mystcraft - customize your own dimensions ingame
Tinkers Construct - makes op tools too easy to get, earlygame ore duplication
Iguanas Tweaks for Tinkers Construct - Exp system: play around with your weapons a bit and in no time at all you got about 50 attack damage weapons, most overpowered are bow and arrow
Orespawn - sorry, had to mention it although you told me not to, it's a great mod, but seriously: a 12 attack damage sword from flowers? A duplicator tree? Everything about this mod is op, but so are the enemies
Sword Art Online Mod - 20 Attack damage sword from 2 Iron Blocks
Applied Eneristics - Grindstone allows you to duplicate ores from the very beginning
Equivalent exchange - allows you to exchage items with each other: turn about 1000 stone into a diamond??
Ex Nihilo - In combination with some technic mods it allows early game machines that randomly give you metals and gems

I'll tell you if I remember more.

dont mind this @trajing