What have you been doing until FTB is ready?

Gewitters

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone,

I was just curious what everyone else is/has been doing over the last couple months in minecraft while we patiently await this great project that slowpoke and the team is working on. Have you continued on your 1.2.5 worlds and work to refine your builds and look for improvements for efficiency? Have you taken a brake from the game entirely?

I have found myself trying to get back to the roots of vanilla a little bit (its been a bit painful) but found myself actually just building large things most of the time. :grin: If anyone is bored, here is a video of a build that I am working on over on a vanilla creative server. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzfnAXxl2uY&feature=plcp

I have also tried out terrafirma and BTW, both have been interesting and a fun spin on things. The new youtube series with Flora/Slow/Jaded/Morv has been fun to watch on the BTW stuff.

So, lets here it people. What are/have you been doing?

Gewitters

Jul 29, 2019
Are you trying to imply that I have no life?!

Well, you could right. Anyway, what games? Any good youtube video's?

LegitNeek

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to keep relatively active on the forums, watching a few series' on Youtube, making my own series' on Youtube, playing FTB map, playing some Better Than Wolves, playing on my server, oh and a bit of streaming.

That's about it, when I'm not online of course.

RampantPanda65

Jul 29, 2019
Gewitters said:
Are you trying to imply that I have no life?!

Well, you could right. Anyway, what games? Any good youtube video's?

Oops, I forgot the "don't" in "I don't have a life". :doh:

Anyway I'm doing a LP of MoP and BL2. And I'm starting to get into some minecraft related vids.

Gewitters

Jul 29, 2019
How you liking MoP? I am hearing the typical mixed reviews. I played WoW from vanilla until about 3 months ago. Got kinda burnt out on it and was not too impressed with the expansion in beta. However, as the monk was my favorite class in D&D back in the day, I have been tempted to get back into it just to level one of them.

RampantPanda65

Jul 29, 2019
Gewitters said:
How you liking MoP? I am hearing the typical mixed reviews. I played WoW from vanilla until about 3 months ago. Got kinda burnt out on it and was not too impressed with the expansion in beta. However, as the monk was my favorite class in D&D back in the day, I have been tempted to get back into it just to level one of them.

Well if u like pandas (like me) than u'll probably enjoy it. I haven't done any end game at all since I'm leveling up my panda while recording so it does take a while...

Rhinehart_

Jul 29, 2019
:hello: well i too have tried out btw though i havent tried terrafirma, (when i got on a btw server they started talking about something called tfc and unfortunatly i asked what it was before i realized it was terrafirma,.... aka massive humiliation) :fright: :worried:

but other than that ive mostly been doing test builds for the city of industry project than anything, i. e. wrote some CC programs, Industrial reactor designs, bee breeders all sorts of cool stuff that i can barely remember now........ oh the irony

bad wolf

Jul 29, 2019
i have been playing some ssp minecraft, torchlight2 and some other indie games :D

and followed most of the streams of slowpoke, soaryn, mattabase and sometimes vswe

D

Deleted member 188

I'm just messing around with the mods that have been updated to the newer minecraft version and wishing I could get things to work better with forestry. Not 100% sure how to handle the block id conflicts that are cropping up between it and like computer craft, mystcraft and portal gun.

Plus ponies.

Reactions: bad wolf

blek

Jul 29, 2019
Playing Dota 2, Torchlight 2, Borderlands, learning new things, trying to figure out the optimal way to record audio for VOD uploads with a crappy microphone. I'm not exactly anxious to the release, because after the holiday I'll be on terrible time constraints due to upcoming tests, so...yeah.

SunVenus

Jul 29, 2019
Good question Gewitters. :) I've been practicing my technical skills in 1.2.5 with the FTB mods we do have, and getting ready to re-learn & revise when the pack goes live with all the new stuff. I've also been playing The Secret World-- great game! If any of you are into good MMORPG experiences and like conspiracy theories and strange fiction like that of Lovecraft, and have a fondness for mythology of various cultures, then you’ll dig TSW. And as ever, my real life studies take up so much time but I did finally hit upon a good topic for my honours thesis, so I'm starting to develop that. (If anyone cares, it'll likely be on Hadrian's exceptional leadership & background as a soldier keeping the Roman Empire out of unnecessary wars- e.g. with Parthia- and working on strengthening imperial boundaries & dumping untenable territories & motivating his soldiers and outposts in person, which made him the best emperor, IMO. In other words, fortification versus expansion. I'll admit I'm biased-- I think Rome under the emperors was icky. Nevertheless, since history went that route, IMO it's better to have a Hadrian than a Nero, Commodus, Domitian or Constantine and a plethora of others of that ilk.)

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing the other mods using 1.3.2. I have been mainly learning forestry* (and discovering how awesome it is) and logistics pipes. Still need to get working on railcraft (I have got a good amount of cresote oil now).

* As a recovering (almost) ex-tekkit user.

Swaffer

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe, pretty similar to Portablejim i've been learning forestry. Playing on a small server, messing with mystcraft. Trying to learn some Computercraft. Also been trying to build a machine similar to Chickenbones' which auto crafts Solar Panels.

and... Trying to save for a new computer to do ftb justice :)

LegitNeek

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing the other mods using 1.3.2. I have been mainly learning forestry* (and discovering how awesome it is) and logistics pipes. Still need to get working on railcraft (I have got a good amount of cresote oil now).

My plan when the 1.3.2 pack is released is to work on the mods that I neglected pre-patch. I have pretty much done nothing with ComputerCraft or Railcraft and I want to touch on the Redpower Computers because I have not even bothered with them yet.

I would love to get into Railcraft because you can do so much with it now, got to say I am looking forward to a fresh start and a chance to whip out my new engineer skin :D

Avaa

Jul 29, 2019
The minecraft community I am part of is hosting a "Teaser-Server" with every avaible mod of the FTB Pack.
I have been spending quite a bit of time there..

RogueShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Been watching streams, playing on a random public server, slightly.. obsessing over random things. Watching WayOfTime's youtube videos.