What happened to this cable?

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
So I was running through dimensions, checking on some quarries, doing Thaumcraft research, all of this in FTB monster and after a while I notice my IC2 machines have stopped working. I thibk that's odd and just ignore it.

Then I run to my boiler seeing as my steam engines were empty and find that ALL THE TANK BLOCKS BECAME SEPARATE BLOCKS instead of one big multipart tank. Same for the steam oven! I run back to my IC2 place and find these little beauties:

2014-01-06_17.12.20.png

It happens at random when I jump dimensions and it forces me to lose all power and replace every cable and machine, since putting back the cable alone won't cut it. What is my problem here?

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
It could be chunks unloading. Try using a chunk loader in that place. If you are already using one try a different kind.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Seeing how it's happening when you dimension hop, it's due to chunk unloading. You need a chunk loader around so the multiblocks and such don't unload and split back into single blocks.

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
I need to chunkload for something as simple as keeping cables in place? What hack programs those things? The conduits work fine all the time, they should take lessons from TE3.

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but te3 is designed to be a server friendly mod whereas ic2 is being rebuilt and is experimental. Bugs do happen with that kind of thing.

Reactions: Padfoote

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
I need to chunkload for something as simple as keeping cables in place? What hack programs those things? The conduits work fine all the time, they should take lessons from TE3.

To be fair, there are reports that TE3 conduits are doing this sometimes too. It has something to do with a mod which is bypassing the normal chunk load/unload procedures. That may be the case here.

budge

Jul 29, 2019
In a custom 1.5.2 pack, I found one source of this bug to be Forge chunk caching. Disabling it in the config resolved the issue for me back then, but I'm not sure if that's the same problem here, as the forgechunkloading config is now blank and I'm unable to replicate it.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
There are lots of ways to "jump dimensions" which particular method are you using?

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
There are lots of ways to "jump dimensions" which particular method are you using?
Books

Secondary problem that may be related: When I die and respawn the tinker's mechworks terminals fuck up and my base door made with drawbridges becomes unuseable. Thank god for inventory keep and protable hole.