What FTB pack do you use and how do you configure it?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate without gregtech, flatbedrock, any voxelag mod, advanced solars and power converters, add compact solars, immibis microblocks and reis minimap.

As of the config, make the buildcraft pipes be destroyed faster and tweak some parts of MPS.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
For the configs of Ultimate, I returned about half the easy Gregtech recipes. Bronze, Quarries, and storage block compression. Then I made my world a pseudo dense ores age, because automatic mining tends to induce lag.
I'm gonna change MPS to accept TE/BC recipes too, and disable the vanilla ones. Look at them next to Gtech's, it's hilarious that they gave you the option in the first place.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 + gregtech on easy mode for single player world. The server I play on has ultimate + minechem + usefulfood + clay soldiers and all the biomes from EBXL enabled

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I never got into Clay Soldiers too much. They seem largely outclassed by Golems. What do they do besides letting you watch them fight themselves.
And how's Minechem? Isn't it mostly WIP?

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
We added clay soldiers because we want to have an arena and have battles against each other with them, we just added it for fun. Minechem is very WIP, it basically only works with vanilla stuff but we all really liked it so we added it, same with useful food

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 with Easymode GT, Enchantplus, OF, taken out Rei's, Obsidiplates, some XBL biomes, Gravisuit, IC2 nuc control, chargepads

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
An interesting way to play would be no iron chests/barrels, nothing against the mods, but all the items from a quarry..

Direwolf20 with hard mode GT and not changing other mods recipes, Enchantplus, OF, taken out Rei's, Obsidiplates, some XBL biomes, Gravisuit, IC2 nuc control, chargepads

fixed it for you ;)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I think my next pack will be so far from FTB that it's basically not going to be FTB anymore. I feel sort of sad about this.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
I play Ultimate without: Advanced Solars, Bibliocraft, ComputerCraft, EE3, EnderStorage, Factorization, PowerConverters (though I'm considering adding it back), Secret rooms, Thaumcraft, ThaumicBees, Twilight Forest, all the Voxel stuff and XReliquary.

And I added: Additional BC Pipes, Additional BC objects, Liquid Metals, Optifine, Routing pipe and Rei's minimap.

The configs are untouched, though I'm considering increasing the range of the MFR Harvester to make it work with large trees. Once MineChem gets to a more finished state I will probably also add that.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
An interesting way to play would be no iron chests/barrels, nothing against the mods, but all the items from a quarry..

fixed it for you ;)
it's not exactly hard... no harder than setting up any decent system.
I don't like how he changes other recipies so I disable that but yeah, wouldn't call anything in MC "hard"

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I play Ultimate without: Advanced Solars, Bibliocraft, ComputerCraft, EE3, EnderStorage, Factorization, PowerConverters (though I'm considering adding it back), Secret rooms, Thaumcraft, ThaumicBees, Twilight Forest, all the Voxel stuff and XReliquary.

And I added: Additional BC Pipes, Additional BC objects, Liquid Metals, Optifine, Routing pipe and Rei's minimap.

The configs are untouched, though I'm considering increasing the range of the MFR Harvester to make it work with large trees. Once MineChem gets to a more finished state I will probably also add that.

well you seem to hate magic

Reactions: Barbarian Kitten

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Well, my MultiMC instance is derived from Mindcrack pack, but it is now a changed and is closer to ultimate with some mods disabled. No Advanced solar panels (they are more balanced after increased cost of advanced one, but still boring) and machines, Bibliocraft, Enderstorage, Secretrooms, Powerconverters, Flatbedrock, Netherores, Xycraft and Soul shards, but with Cogs and for testing PowerCraft. Forestry on normal (should be hard), GT without explosions, storage block changes and bronze nerf.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Nice mod! Not very intriguing. Picking your own enchantments is a little OP. At least TC2 made you have to use a lot of vis.