What FTB pack do you use and how do you configure it?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Nice mod! Not very intriguing. Picking your own enchantments is a little OP. At least TC2 made you have to use a lot of vis.
Oh boy there's that word again. It uses considerably more experience to enchant things and you need 32 bookshelves around it for maximum efficiency, which makes things look ugly. Even so, it still uses more levels than vanilla enchanting.

I use Ultimate with GregTech, SecretRooms (I play SSP anyway) and VoxelStuff off, with a lot of HUD mods I love and EnchantingPlus added to it, Advanced Solar Panels on normal mode and Modular Power Suits with IC2 and TE recipes enabled.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Nice mod! Not very intriguing. Picking your own enchantments is a little OP. At least TC2 made you have to use a lot of vis.
nah, I find vanilla enchanting to be woefully broken.[DOUBLEPOST=1364078555][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh boy there's that word again. It uses considerably more experience to enchant things and you need 32 bookshelves around it for maximum efficiency, which makes things look ugly. Even so, it still uses more levels than vanilla enchanting.

I use Ultimate with GregTech, SecretRooms (I play SSP anyway) and VoxelStuff off, with a lot of HUD mods I love and EnchantingPlus added to it, Advanced Solar Panels on normal mode and Modular Power Suits with IC2 and TE recipes enabled.
16 shelves, not 32

Chesham

Jul 29, 2019
Mindcrack with gregtech on easymode.. I like some of the stuff he adds, but hardmode is too grindy for my taste. :p

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
nah, I find vanilla enchanting to be woefully broken.[DOUBLEPOST=1364078555][/DOUBLEPOST]
16 shelves, not 32
It's really 32, actually. 15 is what you need to be able to use the table, if I understood the changelog correctly; putting more bookshelves around it serves to reduce the enchanting cost further.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
It's really 32, actually. 15 is what you need to be able to use the table, if I understood the changelog correctly; putting more bookshelves around it serves to reduce the enchanting cost further.
this warrents testing, I shall do it later

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Removed Gregtech's nerfs (until they remember to disable hardmode by default)
turn off mobgriefing
Turn on keepinventory
Replace ASP with CompactSolars (until we get the patch that allows us to fix ASP's recipe)

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I tested it for a bit, and the level cost for 32 bookshelves was definitely smaller than for 15 bokkshelves. It was just a quick test, though, so if you want to confirm it for yourself, go ahead.
I think you can put up to 72 (like immibis liquid XP enchanter) but not sure.
Sadly, EP's table works exactly like the vanilla one, which means it can only see bookshelves if they're one block away from it in that format we all know. This means no books above or under it, or one level below/on top of it.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I tested it for a bit, and the level cost for 32 bookshelves was definitely smaller than for 15 bokkshelves. It was just a quick test, though, so if you want to confirm it for yourself, go ahead.

Sadly, EP's table works exactly like the vanilla one, which means it can only see bookshelves if they're one block away from it in that format we all know. This means no books above or under it, or one level below/on top of it.

oh, I was confused by this mod
also, an alternative would be this mod, or the one I use.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Test 1: 15 bookshelves, thaumium sword with sharpness 5: 21 levels.
Test 2: 20 bookshelves, thaumium sword with sharpness 5: 19 levels.
Test 3: 25 bookshelves, thaumium sword with sharpness 5: 17 levels.
Test 4: 30 bookshelves, thaumium sword with sharpness 5: 15 levels.
Test 5: 32 bookshelves (the maximum), thaumium sword with sharpness 5: 14 levels.

Works, I'll be changing my crafting setup immediately to reflect my findings. Thank you.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been wasting levels this whole time?!

But what's cool is that you can take more than 30 levels. I have a fortune III unbreaking III eff V pick, cost me 71 levels, enderdragon came in handy there!

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Though I haven't touched solar power (cause I buffed nuclear, 14 uranium cells at 1 efficiency=300 eu/t--yes, I need to nerf myself :p), I'm not sure which one to use. I've only used compact back in Tekkit, when I realized even an Ice reactor setup was not as good as one panel. But advanced seems cool, nighttime, and the internal storage.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I feel sad that enchanting+ makes beautiful autoenchanter stuff useless. But I can see the appeal of not making Yet Another Freaking Book Factory.

It's a little OP. But it's VERY OP with Thaumcraft tools. It's trivial to make monstrous and infinite gear that is even better than the very best stuff from Gravisuite.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder, since I'm using a slightly outdated version of modular powersuits if I can enchant it using books. Also, I'm working on my powerful Zephyr Blade and Pick of he Core.

I would've used a diamond drill but eh.