What Do You Guys Think About Cheating?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
The only times I really cheat in FTB is when a bug / annoying feature does something buggy / annoying, like spawning in a bucket when I accidentally right click my Liquid Force filled Tank with one, or giving myself "starter materials" so I don't have to go through the initial "punch trees, get wood, wood pick, get stone" grind again for the umpteenth time.

Plus, keepInventory is true and mobGriefing is false on my server, so it's really more of a "let's see what we can create now" instead of "let's kill this guy and steal his stuff" kind of deal - PvP's only on because there are glitches to get around PvP being off anyway.

(Also if turning UU-Matter into Gold Ore just to EE into other items counts as cheating, I cheat that way too :p)

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I either play in a creative world or I play without cheats. And I do not condone players using cheats/hacks/whatever isn't legitimate means to get an advantage in a smp world that I'm in.

Willsy

Jul 29, 2019
I only spawn things in if i lose something through a bug or glitch, i don't like cheating majorly because it ruins survival for me.

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
When I moved to 1.5.2, but had not discovered TiC I used to cheat to turn the umpteen million buckets I found dungeoning back into Iron Ingots.

BananaSplit2

Jul 29, 2019
If I ever cheat I just end up giving up, I just really struggle to enjoy the game if I don't do it 100% legit
same goes for me. I feel like if I cheat a little I might aswell cheat everything in. It doesn't "seem" legit, it breaks my motivation