What Do You Guys Think About Cheating?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Hahaha, it's all in the playstyle.

Life is only limited by your imagination, so sometimes I spawn in loads of wool and just draw for awhile. Then I burn it all down, but still.
Like abculatter, and torches. That's cool, and could be perfectly plausible, if only the mod did that sort of thing.

I find that if I cheat in something like armor, or a blown up machine, that the world becomes hollow. After all, it's usually my fault that the machine exploded, so I'd better own up to my mistake.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed.

Anything that was once an eventual goal that is cheated in makes everything feel kinda pointless, hollow and lonesome.
I can't even play Ssp, not due to cheating, but due to the sheer feeling of pointlessness I feel whenever I try. It feels hollow and shallow and boring and pointless. I kinda need to be playing on a server to enjoy survival, or Minecraft at all really.

moff3tt

Jul 29, 2019
I turn off mob griefing and losing my inventory when I die. That pretty much stops me from having some kind of catastrophic accident that demoralizes me to the point of not playing for a week only to start a new world. I will also spawn in stuff to try it out then destroy the items. Sometimes I will spawn in some cable or pipes or something to get the machine I built going to make the resources I need to make the cables more efficiently. I then destroy the cables I spawned in and build the cables after getting some of the materials made up. It is just for me, to make my life a little easier.

Reactions: Dravarden

FtbBossWhoIsAw3s0m3

Jul 29, 2019
There should be a config option for creepers to rain down from the sky whenever we cheat in items using NEI.
images

Beside your joke detector.

(Or mine, I'm not sure which.)

Nevermind i found it

viralarchitect

Jul 29, 2019
I will sometimes find myself out of an item that I need to craft with. What I try to do is balance it out. For example, if I need some quartz for an AE component, I'll sacrifice a few diamonds in exchange. I run a server for me and my friends. Some of them like to play all creative, some like to play all legit. I like to mix it up for me. I picked a plot for my base and play as legit as I can unless I need something, in which case I do an exchange. But outside my base, like in common areas like our spawn point, I like to just build interesting buildings in creative. As long as the game is fun to play, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. If you get bored with the game, try making it harder by being more legit.

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
WHERE IS THE DISLIKE BUTTON?

I'd be okay with anything else, but you used an upside down facebook 'like'.

You have forced my hand. It will be withers raining down from the sky for you. And endermen fapping outside your house.

Also, had you read previous posts you would know I was indeed joking. This is what I posted earlier in the thread:

Even if the mod authors disagree, I personally don't consider enchanting rechargeable tools and armor as cheating. I don't see how they are different to other tools and armor. Yes, they never break, but this advantage comes at a cost in the form of power, which balances things pretty well in my opinion. So if I can enchant a diamond pickaxe with fortune, why shouldn't I be able to do the same with a drill? That's just silly.

To answer the question of the thread: If any of my items get destroyed due to mechanics I find ridiculous (such as the IC2 wrench) then I will give them back to myself. If a creeper blows up something expensive, (even though it doesn't really happen very often as I have a bit of an obsession with spamming torches everywhere) then I will cheat that back in. If I die due to a glitch or due to the game lagging, I will cheat my inventory back in also.

Generally, the only circumstances under which I will "cheat" are when something happens that falls under my definition of 'unfair' (which sometimes might be affected by mood or emotional state).

But 'cheating' is entirely subjective and everyone should be free to play the game however they want. It is called a "game" after all, not a second job.

Beside your joke detector.

(Or mine, I'm not sure which.)

Your joke detector is working fine. Others however might want to consider upgrading the OS on theirs to something other than windows vista.

Reactions: casilleroatr

FtbBossWhoIsAw3s0m3

Jul 29, 2019
I'd be okay with anything else, but you used an upside down facebook 'like'.

You have forced my hand. It will be withers raining down from the sky for you. And endermen fapping outside your house.

Also, had you read previous posts you would know I was indeed joking. This is what I posted earlier in the thread:

Your joke detector is working fine. Others however might want to consider upgrading the OS on theirs to something other than windows vista.

Im using Mac OS X 10.9 AKA Mountain Lion.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I think we should call a moratorium on references to mobs enjoying themselves before one of us has a heart attack

Won't somebody please think of the children

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much.

I'm not very interested in Minecraft actually, I just like to talk about it. I haven't played FTB for about a month. That may be part of the reason why I have trouble not boring myself to death on a world.

Also, on my attempt at a 100% legitimate world, I ended up spawning in an automagicamatic jukebox as well as a record because I didn't have anything else to do.

When I started I gave myself stone tools (the pickaxe was iron so I could mine almost all the ores) with efficiency 10, fortune 10, unbreaking 10, repair 10, sharpness 10, fire 10, punch 10, power 10... you get the point.

I also spawned in a Mystcraft writing desk, a book binder, and a link modifier, as well as a creative notebook, a regular notebook (for assembling ages), and six stacks of ink bottles (five of which I put in a hopper above the book binder).
disable cheat mode

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
I've done a bit of anti-BS cheating without ruining the game for myself. Usualy due to MC being a laggy buggy PoS at times. And losing an inventory by dieing to a mob you escaped a minute ago is more fustrating then fun.

For our next server, we're probably going to spawn in a complete book for mystcraft, as the page gathering mechnaic was frankly, terrable, unfun, and by the time we had a usable set, no-one really wanted to do much with it.

Testing worlds are usualy creative or worse.

Other wise I tend to play legit, less something happons that would utterly kill the fun. Same for our server. Rules are bent here and there for total BS, but it's mostly legit. (Portal glitching, killing a player who had just dumped their entire combined progress into flight/tools would probably warrent them getting them back. Though in said case half the gear neded up in anouther players farming system. Golems. <3 em)