What block, tool, or feature converted you to modded Minecraft?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Quite honestly, I never played with mods till 1.2.5. I started off playing in beta and got board after awhile because none of my friends played. Then, all of a sudden, everyone one was playing tekkit. So I downloaded it and was all like "so much stuuuuff!"

now, I make my own packs and am starting to work on modding myself.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, look at the vid Direwolf posted today. Xycraft lasers + rollercoaster = win
100% pure win. Genius. Some kind of big multiblock turbine thing shooting energy beams directed by some sort of spherical polygon. I hope it is convertable to other forms of power so I can use it everywhere. Even if it isn't, there's still gonna be lots 'o' lasers.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
100% pure win. Genius. Some kind of big multiblock turbine thing shooting energy beams directed by some sort of spherical polygon. I hope it is convertable to other forms of power so I can use it everywhere. Even if it isn't, there's still gonna be lots 'o' lasers.
Right? Even if I never build a machine capable of using that power, guaranteed I'll be generating lots of it.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I was actually brought in by a dratnos video after failing to find the actual pack I just learned to add the mods myself and now I play FTB

Jul 29, 2019
Another vote for Buildcraft here. I specifically remember the video introducing it where it showed the quarry, filler, and pipe systems. I got in on the first version that had engines.