What are YOUR frustrations in Feed The Beast?

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but that only works for what I want "In Stock", not "hey, could use some snacks. And by snacks, I mean TNT" when I normally request food food from this chest.
Ah, and that's where you use LP for, to get 'custom' stuff.

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
my biggest beef is with the AE terminal updating while Im trying to pull something out. So I windup with a stack of something I dont want.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
There's a huge lack of no-drawback fast item movement for small areas. Specifically, I'm talking about the old RP2 Filter. The Filter could transfer entire stacks at a very fast rate and didn't get clogged up the moment it saw something it didn't like, plus it didn't cost power. I honestly don't care about the filtering function, but the speed and reliability of the Filter is unmatched today by almost everything (except SFM, but that's coding).

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
There's a huge lack of no-drawback fast item movement for small areas. Specifically, I'm talking about the old RP2 Filter. The Filter could transfer entire stacks at a very fast rate and didn't get clogged up the moment it saw something it didn't like, plus it didn't cost power. I honestly don't care about the filtering function, but the speed and reliability of the Filter is unmatched today by almost everything (except SFM, but that's coding).
Does translocators fit your bill?

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Does translocators fit your bill?
Although it's one of my favorite mods and I use it all the time, no. Translocators transfers 1 item at a time and while insanely fast can't match a serious by-stack exporter.

Translocators is definitely close, but not exactly what I'm looking for. That is, unless Translocators has an upgrade I don't know about or something lol.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Although it's one of my favorite mods and I use it all the time, no. Translocators transfers 1 item at a time and while insanely fast can't match a serious by-stack exporter.

Translocators is definitely close, but not exactly what I'm looking for. That is, unless Translocators has an upgrade I don't know about or something lol.
Glowstone upgrade

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
What about translocators (ninja'd? Or itemducts. These will do the trick, unless there are some other criteria I am missing.

Also, would it be possible to have something like an ender barrel. I have always wanted something that will automatically suck out all cobble of my inventory and send it to my base. It is just a little thing because there are already three (maybe more) good solutions to this. One is manual clearing through an ender pouch. Another is forestry backpacks. Finally, you could also use dartcraft packs which can also compress your cobble if you have extrautils installed. There are some drawbacks to all three methods though. Basic forestry backpacks are very small (and the silk required to get the big ones requires hours and hours of tropical bee cycles). Ender pouches are manual, and when you are mining with a good TiCo hammer the cobble really mounts up quick and it is as if you are emptying your inventory into your ender pouch every 2 minutes. Dartcraft bags are really good, and can store an enormous amount of cobble if you are autocompressing it. However, you can't compress your cobble and supply a stack in your inventory at all times with the same backpack.

Tl:dr The pouch side of the ender barrel should be able to suck up all of a specified type of material into its inventory, with the option of maintaining a stack of said material in your inventory. For the barrel side, maybe you would have to add your own physical barrel block. I haven't gotten around to playing with refined relocation yet (although I plan on it very soon) so I'm not sure I properly understand the nature of your Jabba integration, but would it be possible to make an upgrade for a Jabba barrel to behave in this way?

Reactions: immibis

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
You mod sounds like a more advanced Factorization router.

My FTB frustrations have very little to do with the modders or FTB team.
FTB servers can be laggy, and require rather frequent resets. Also for my location they are hard to find, very little competition meaning most admins rest on their laurels a but much.

As for inventory troubles, I don't think there's any problems. We have a lot of great inventory management mod systems already.
If you want to create another I suggest you observe your competition and figure out where you want to slot yourself in progression wise. There are very little pre redstone level inventory sorting solutions available ATM.
For instance I think LP and AE step on eachothers toes a bit, by the time you can make an awesome LP system you might already have enough quartz to build a decent ME. Also nobody start with the "just use both" thing, there are very little reasons to use both other then a long range request bag system.
So LP's a half a tier early then an ME system, it means you end up having to decide make LP now or wait a tad longer and go AE.
That being said I don't actually think this is a modder problem it's a modpack compiler problem.

Optibane

Jul 29, 2019
I'm often frustrated by all of the random armour and weapons I get from my mob farms clogging up my sorting system. A single block that I could put between the farm and my storage that would auto-trash all that junk would be awesome! Could also have an option or upgrade to save enchanted items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Flipz

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I'm often frustrated by all of the random armour and weapons I get from my mob farms clogging up my sorting system. A single block that I could put between the farm and my storage that would auto-trash all that junk would be awesome! Could also have an option or upgrade to save enchanted items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saying my idea prompted by this
A block that you can put damaged armour and weapons into, and it will check its own inventory for an item that matches, and then auto-crafts them together. When the item is entirely repaired (check for full damage value), it exports it

That way also if you pipe regular items into it, then it will export it as dirt has no/full damage value.

Reactions: Flipz

Dynious

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to all of you for your great suggestions!

What about translocators (ninja'd? Or itemducts. These will do the trick, unless there are some other criteria I am missing.

Also, would it be possible to have something like an ender barrel. I have always wanted something that will automatically suck out all cobble of my inventory and send it to my base. It is just a little thing because there are already three (maybe more) good solutions to this. One is manual clearing through an ender pouch. Another is forestry backpacks. Finally, you could also use dartcraft packs which can also compress your cobble if you have extrautils installed. There are some drawbacks to all three methods though. Basic forestry backpacks are very small (and the silk required to get the big ones requires hours and hours of tropical bee cycles). Ender pouches are manual, and when you are mining with a good TiCo hammer the cobble really mounts up quick and it is as if you are emptying your inventory into your ender pouch every 2 minutes. Dartcraft bags are really good, and can store an enormous amount of cobble if you are autocompressing it. However, you can't compress your cobble and supply a stack in your inventory at all times with the same backpack.

Tl:dr The pouch side of the ender barrel should be able to suck up all of a specified type of material into its inventory, with the option of maintaining a stack of said material in your inventory. For the barrel side, maybe you would have to add your own physical barrel block. I haven't gotten around to playing with refined relocation yet (although I plan on it very soon) so I'm not sure I properly understand the nature of your Jabba integration, but would it be possible to make an upgrade for a Jabba barrel to behave in this way?
That is a good idea! So the basic idea is: automatically 'teleporting' items from your inventory to your base (into a barrel/other storage) when you have more than one stack of it. This certainly is doable, but I do think there are mods that let you do something similar to this. I think I know a couple of ways to do this, but my list of things to add is getting quite long now.
Saying my idea prompted by this
A block that you can put damaged armour and weapons into, and it will check its own inventory for an item that matches, and then auto-crafts them together. When the item is entirely repaired (check for full damage value), it exports it

That way also if you pipe regular items into it, then it will export it as dirt has no/full damage value.
This is (again) a good idea! I think this is a fairly easy block to code, but there are a lot of other cool ideas that probably will be used more often. That doesn't mean this will not go on the 'to-do' list, but it might take a while before I add it.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Story of muh life

Hello, I am AlCapella and thanks for having me on FTB-Laggermeisters anonymous. I have a load-and-lag problem :p

Did you miss the collective sighs and groans of several 1000 other lag-spike sufferers? :D he he (I am probably in front row along with you. I was chuckling at another thread with someone complaining 30+ FPS- Although some of the ideas suggested there are interesting enough to try out)

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking