What age can I drink RedBull?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, Redbull doesn't even taste good. Second of all, it's horrible for staying awake. Caffeine typically causes crashes, especially when you are younger. I recommend water, food, and San Pellegrino (mainly because it's the best drink on earth).

On the topic of alcohol, I'm all for underage drinking as long as the parental figures are alright with it. Doing things like that behind your parents back is simply not okay.
P.S.: in addition to what someone mentioned before...caffein is indeed very addictive, possibly like alcohol and cannabis.
Cannabis isn't addictive.

Edit: On a side note, addictive ≠ bad. You can get addicted to nearly anything.

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, Redbull doesn't even taste good. Second of all, it's horrible for staying awake. Caffeine typically causes crashes, especially when you are younger. I recommend water, food, and San Pellegrino (mainly because it's the best drink on earth).

On the topic of alcohol, I'm all for underage drinking as long as the parental figures are alright with it. Doing things like that behind your parents back is simply not okay.

Cannabis isn't addictive.

Edit: On a side note, addictive ≠ bad. You can get addicted to nearly anything.

Erm... Not every place has San Pellegrino. :p I haven't actually heard of that before now. ;)

Sometimes, though, don't force a stream. Take breaks every now and then, and especially for a teenager, streaming for 24 hours straight is not healthy. :)

carmont492

Jul 29, 2019
I think you can come to the assumption from all of the other posts that it is a bad idea. And to give my answer, don't do it, drink plenty of water, eat some apples (apparently better at waking you up than a cup if coffee).

Personally I don't think you should be attempting a 24hr stream for a number of reasons;

1, I don't want to burst your bubble, but those that you named who have done it before are doing that to pay the bills, make sure they have food on the table etc. they also have worked for a long time I'm assuming to accumulate a wide audience from around the globe (which means, chances are they will always have viewers logging on as others log off), can you say you have done the same?

2, depriving your body of sleep is detrimental to your health, which ever way you look at it.

3, I assume that you are still in school, this sort of activity would mess up your body clock/sleeping pattern, probably making you tired in school and not being able to fully pay attention in class.

I would however like to commend you for doing something for charity, and if you do go ahead with the stream, I wish you all the best!

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Just to add my tuppence/two cents:

When I was young (your age) I drank coffee. Strong, black, sweet coffee. I had huge issues with insomnia, and eventually I stopped drinking coffee and switched to camomile tea instead. Caffeine is something that people should be more aware of, especially young people. You're still growing and developing and doing a lot of learning at your age, sleep is super important. Good quality natural sleep. Good luck with your stream, but I reckon you might find it useful to group up with someone friends to split times with so you can sleep in shifts, but one of you is always online. Also red bull tastes gross, I don't know how anyone can drink it!

KingMRano

Jul 29, 2019
Simple answer: Never. Just go drink water. Now if you need more energy then Id go get more sun or (yes this seems contradictory) go work out. If you are streaming for 24hrs and need an energy call over a close friend and tell them to slap you awake. Not only will it wake you up but your viewers will enjoy the great sound effects/ or visuals if using a face cam. Win Win if you ask me.

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
I've been drinking caffeinated beverages since I was about 7, and regularly drank at least a cup of coffee a day. Over time, your body does build up a tolerance to it, and you need more and more to stay alert and awake. in my case-Ii eventually ended up drinking about 5 cups, or half a litre of Red-Bull like product a day.

When I decided to quit, I literally went through withdrawal symptoms. Shaking, cold sweats, fatigue, extreme rattiness- one day, I just didn't leave my bed. Trust me. Caffeine can be bad.

Now I'm not saying people should never drink caffeine. That's stupid. I still enjoy a nice cappuccino or a cup of tea every now and then for the taste- or even Red Bull when I really need to focus on something. But drinking them day after day is a bad thing. Do yourself a favour in the long run, and switch to decaf.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I've been drinking caffeinated beverages since I was about 7, and regularly drank at least a cup of coffee a day. Over time, your body does build up a tolerance to it, and you need more and more to stay alert and awake. in my case-Ii eventually ended up drinking about 5 cups, or half a litre of Red-Bull like product a day.

When I decided to quit, I literally went through withdrawal symptoms. Shaking, cold sweats, fatigue, extreme rattiness- one day, I just didn't leave my bed. Trust me. Caffeine can be bad.

Now I'm not saying people should never drink caffeine. That's stupid. I still enjoy a nice cappuccino or a cup of tea every now and then for the taste- or even Red Bull when I really need to focus on something. But drinking them day after day is a bad thing. Do yourself a favour in the long run, and switch to decaf.

Or some nice camomile tea.

Morrigi

Jul 29, 2019
Energy drinks are bad for you. They don't taste that great and that much caffeine can't be good for anyone who's still growing. Once you're at the point when you actually HAVE to stay awake and alert for something important (i.e. writing huge essays, college classes, work, etc.), then things change.

That said, you only start hallucinating after going over about a day and a half without sleep!

(While the above is true, it was by no means a suggestion. I have chronic insomnia. While this allows for plenty of time to play Minecraft and Planetside 2, it is problematic when it comes to being awake when I actually have to be.)

Feeling like your vision is full of ghostly, teleporting plates of stained glass gets old after awhile. But once you start seeing hair, spiders, and/or hair spiders on every surface including your bed, well...

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Since we are discussing caffeine and caffeinated drinks, I feel like I should put this out there. An old friend of mine used to work at Starbucks a month back for probably half a year. It turns out that all of those specialty "coffees" aren't coffee. They have 0 coffee in them. They are water and cream.

Fun facts with Santa.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't read any posts after the 3rd or 4th but in my opinion you should not drink energy drinks if you younger then 16. But I think that it is not wrong to drink them at all, just don't over-do it. It's like alcohol or basicly anything else. You can get addicted, and probably will, which is bad.
^Comes from a smoker xD But atleast I'm not an alcoholic:D

PureEvil

Jul 29, 2019
You can drink it in the Void age, where noone will see you...

Dont drink it, it's bad for your health.

carmont492

Jul 29, 2019
Feeling like your vision is full of ghostly, teleporting plates of stained glass gets old after awhile. But once you start seeing hair, spiders, and/or hair spiders on every surface including your bed, well...

Oh how I love being surprised by the imaginary spiders near my face when watching a movie in bed. Sleepless nights are an awful thing!

Hoho

Jul 29, 2019
So you are an expert? Moderate usage of alcohol for an adult person isn't bad.
Technically any amount of alcohol has negative effects on all things living. Only question is how long it takes to recover and if it has permanent effects.
But but wine! Yeah, (some) wine does have some good stuff in it but that's in addition to the bad.

Answering the original question, man up. At your age I had zero problems staying up for 24h periods. Yeah, I felt awful after that and it wasn't healthy by any margins but if you are healthy you shouldn't need any helping tools to keep you up for as long. If you do need them I strongly suggest you to abandon the idea of staying up as long.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
I very vocally oppose the drinking of Beer or Wine or anything having to do with Alcohol. I suggest you never drink it. I never have, I never will.

you should turn that into "silently oppose"
If it's not your body, you have 0 right to tell other people what to do with it. End of story, 0 exceptions.

On topic: I used to drink quite a lot of energy drinks (not redbull as it's expensive, mainly the cheap ones from Lidl) and now even drinking 1 gives me a horrible stomach ache and not so nice excrement.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
you should turn that into "silently oppose"
If it's not your body, you have 0 right to tell other people what to do with it. End of story, 0 exceptions.

It's just a suggestion birch! And if you think well about it, it's not a bad one. Not obliguing anyone!

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
"very vocally oppose" is not a suggestion.. doubly so knowing what other things he "very vocally opposes" and how he goes about it

Konathan is quite a character, but I am with him in this one. And I know you know how he is. He would never make you do something. Never obligue you to do something.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Konathan is quite a character, but I am with him in this one. And I know you know how he is. He would never make you do something. Never obligue you to do something.

Well my stance on ANY substance at all is "It's your body, do what the fuck you want to it as long as you don't harm others"
If you disagree with that stance then you may go sit on a spike (this applies to everyone, government included, so not aiming this directly at you or Whizz)

Reactions: dgdas9