Werewolves the matrix. [Signups][Championship Practice]

What do you think about games with the Mafia kind of style?

• I like them.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • They are fun to play once in a while.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don't mind either.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I'd preffer the Werewolves style.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
Fred didn't quote the PM, and he's traditionally allowed to claim his role or flavour name if he wants to do so and does it w/o quoting you. My understanding, anyway?
Yes, I was merely referring to the PM with my own words.

Anyways, let's get on with the actual game.
You literly copied one of the lines in the pm and asked for specific words you left out.
That is quoting to me.

Anyways I agree with the last point. Lets continue the game and stop worrying about it.

Reactions: Zexy and Pyure

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I am not aware of ever claiming anything, but towny

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I am not aware of ever claiming anything, but towny

You said you knew the identity of one other villager. That made you a mason doesn't it?

(There's a lot of roles there I'm not familiar with so who the hell knows)

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I'm not worried about the last game, but just about not getting the rules in general.
All these talks about masons, Ds and guards kinda frighten me. :eek:

Reactions: fowltief and Pyure
Z

Zexy

MU question: would it be bad form to discuss this cancelled game?

Zexy/Vike Mason tandem....christ that's terrifying. I'll just give town the win on the last game.

MU question2: What are the plausible benefits of falsely claiming mason? I see a lot of downsides to this. I've never finished an MU game so I'm looking for education here.
MU answer: The moment Steve was mentioned, the player would be modkilled. The rest of the game would continue as normal, maybe with a warning not to "angleshoot".

Wish it actually played out, though :D

MU answer2: In MU, people are more lenient to fakeclaims. A mason fakeclaim wouldn't be seen as an instant wolftell and counterclaimed/lynched. This is because vanilla townies (or even better, the bulletproof townie!) need to provide cover for the power roles; look like power roles to the wolves so that they kill them off instead of the real power roles.

For cop (seer) -centric games, everyone actually "claims" seer in thread and who they "checked" so that the real seer gets to leave their peek in the thread without being exposed to the wolves.

ALRIGHT, people. I am seriously worried of the fact that there is this little activity :(

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
ALRIGHT, people. I am seriously worried of the fact that there is this little activity :(
FTB's on the casual end of the mafia spectrum, especially compared to something like MU or 2+2. Such is life.

(Just to confirm, though: You're looking at the game thread and not the one we're in, right?)

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
MU answer: The moment Steve was mentioned, the player would be modkilled. The rest of the game would continue as normal, maybe with a warning not to "angleshoot".

Wish it actually played out, though :D

MU answer2: In MU, people are more lenient to fakeclaims. A mason fakeclaim wouldn't be seen as an instant wolftell and counterclaimed/lynched. This is because vanilla townies (or even better, the bulletproof townie!) need to provide cover for the power roles; look like power roles to the wolves so that they kill them off instead of the real power roles.

For cop (seer) -centric games, everyone actually "claims" seer in thread and who they "checked" so that the real seer gets to leave their peek in the thread without being exposed to the wolves.

Good info, thanks kindly.

I think the broken-game broke whatever momentum we had. We'll regain it.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I've read into the special roles a bit deeper and I have a few questions about some of the role specs in the table in the OP:
1. The Jack of All Trades: I assume that the shot is a vigilante shot and the check is a cop check, but is his save a bodyguard save, or a doctor save?
2. I assume that "even night" vigilante means that this vigilante can only strike on n2, n4, n6 and so on?
3. I assume that "w/ n0 town check" doesn't meant that they can't check on other nights as well, does it?