Werewolf: Unfair, wolf! [Signup Thread]

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Survey says... tomorrow! Hopefully sometime around 6pm EDT so that we can have a full 24 hour day to start.

In other news, I still can't get the verification email for a third alt. This was the main reason for delaying a day. Maybe I can figure something out before the game begins. Just in case I can't, though, we'll be stuck with two alts and three roles that require them. I'll need to remove the "anonymous" part from either the Admin or the Google/Bing, which will otherwise function normally.

Here's a strawpoll on the matter to entertain you guys while you wait. Go do that. http://strawpoll.me/2796189

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
Survey says... tomorrow! Hopefully sometime around 6pm EDT so that we can have a full 24 hour day to start.

In other news, I still can't get the verification email for a third alt. This was the main reason for delaying a day. Maybe I can figure something out before the game begins. Just in case I can't, though, we'll be stuck with two alts and three roles that require them. I'll need to remove the "anonymous" part from either the Admin or the Google/Bing, which will otherwise function normally.

Here's a strawpoll on the matter to entertain you guys while you wait. Go do that. http://strawpoll.me/2796189
Shazam. I'm really confused. What are we trying to accomplish with new email accounts and "alts" and such?
lol

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Shazam. I'm really confused. What are we trying to accomplish with new email accounts and "alts" and such?

I really need to start explaining these things more. ._.

As part of the "experiment" this game, I'm using alt accounts for certain roles and software. The most obvious is Proxy, where you use an alt I make to do stuff in the game thread like a second player.

The less obvious alt-users are the ones you see in the strawpoll above (Admin and Google/Bing). Because the only way to talk anonymously here is to use an entirely different account, both of those roles require an alt if they are to stay inconspicuous to the people they talk to. You know how in Town of Salem, when you talk to a Jailor or Medium at night, his messages come from "Jailor" or "Medium" instead of Shazzles850? That's what I'm trying to do.

If anyone has more questions, by all means ask. Now's the best time for public clarifications.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I really need to start explaining these things more. ._.

As part of the "experiment" this game, I'm using alt accounts for certain roles and software. The most obvious is Proxy, where you use an alt I make to do stuff in the game thread like a second player.

The less obvious alt-users are the ones you see in the strawpoll above (Admin and Google/Bing). Because the only way to talk anonymously here is to use an entirely different account, both of those roles require an alt if they are to stay inconspicuous to the people they talk to. You know how in Town of Salem, when you talk to a Jailor or Medium at night, his messages come from "Jailor" or "Medium" instead of Shazzles850? That's what I'm trying to do.

If anyone has more questions, by all means ask. Now's the best time for public clarifications.
That's a fantastic explanation, thanks :)

Reactions: Shazam08

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
I've never played a RP game like this but this theme interested me... is it possible for me to join with a small guide on how to proceed (i've read the roles and such, but yet feel a bit confused {mainly the part of private conversations}).

Reactions: Shazam08

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I've never played a RP game like this but this theme interested me... is it possible for me to join with a small guide on how to proceed (i've read the roles and such, but yet feel a bit confused {mainly the part of private conversations}).
I'll make a 'simple' game after this one. You may want to just watch this one and wait for the next. I say this because this is a more advanced game than normal. Probably not for new peeps.

But in the case you do still want to play, what about convos confuses you?

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
If i don't try it now i won't try it later.
About conversations, it seems i would able to talk with anyone as long the GM is in the talk, is that right?

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
If i don't try it now i won't try it later.
About conversations, it seems i would able to talk with anyone as long the GM is in the talk, is that right?

Correct. As for joining there is nothing against new players.. I myself played my first game last week. Just don't trust anyone... at least not right away.

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Good news, everyone!
farnsworth.jpg

I've been loaned some "outside help" in the form of an existing alt. We now have enough for the Admin and Google/Bing to work correctly! \o/

Just to make it clear, the owner of the account has no ties to it during the game. He/she will not be able to access the account and will not receive email notifications of what the account is doing. I trust him enough not to forcibly try to take it back during the game.

I'll have a sound-off of participating alts later, to avoid confusion. Game thread's going up today!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Trojan: may be shredding the detective a bit *too* much, considering it can render 2 out of (5?) bad guys immune.
Boolean: perhaps allow person to use any binary responses? 0/1, true/false, yes/no ? Can't imagine how this would effect the game but I like it anyway.[DOUBLEPOST=1413557343][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and: assign roles randomly dammit. Otherwise you're going to be tempted as fuck to make me a Variable, admit it. Vike will be a Coder. Possibly a Gnijart.