Werewolf: Unfair, wolf! [Signup Thread]

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Few things to mention (ok maybe its more than a few).
  • In your rules section you have Bacon Lettuce and Tomato time set to 25pm. Then again, who wouldn't want a BLT at that time of night
  • Regarding Private convos is it ok if I have a convo with someone on IRC and send you the log?
  • Wouldn't it make more sense for the administrator to only jail people after the powers are done? In ToS the jailing is done before the night actions so that the jailor will not see whether him keeping that person from not using a power worked. I would think that a administrator should only be able to jail someone after that night's events and then stop their power the night afterwards or exectute them before that next night.
  • I'm guessing that your cryptic message in Reboot is that it can act as a retributionist with a 50% success rate?
  • When a pixel dies we do not think it is a tragedy, we know it is a tragedy. No-one should have to live with a dead pixel. It'd be like watching Harry Potter and 99% of the Philosophers stone.
  • Will the hacker be allowed to change the order in general rule 3? Also, will we reach enough nights for the hacker to have much of an impact (I hope so, I really do)
  • If someone was frozen and can only post one thing on that day does that mean that post must contain a vote or they will be smitten?
  • Instead of Bing and Google we have Steve Jobs and Alan Turing's spirits? idk
  • What happens if I decide to only use one of my powers when I start out with Desynchronized and it's not the right one? Will I be killed?
  • Will norton protect me from my own death if I reveal my role?
  • I think boolean may be too obvious when we see it. Maybe make it that people with boolean must reply Yes/No only in convos?
  • General Rule Suggestion: No anti-smites within the first 12 hours of each day unless you give the GM proof that you will be unable to vote in the last 12 hours. Doing so in the first 12 hours will forfeit your right to change your power target, or lynch vote or to even post after then.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
  • In your rules section you have Bacon Lettuce and Tomato time set to 25pm. Then again, who wouldn't want a BLT at that time of night
  • Regarding Private convos is it ok if I have a convo with someone on IRC and send you the log?
  • Wouldn't it make more sense for the administrator to only jail people after the powers are done? In ToS the jailing is done before the night actions so that the jailor will not see whether him keeping that person from not using a power worked. I would think that a administrator should only be able to jail someone after that night's events and then stop their power the night afterwards or exectute them before that next night.
  • I'm guessing that your cryptic message in Reboot is that it can act as a retributionist with a 50% success rate?
  • When a pixel dies we do not think it is a tragedy, we know it is a tragedy. No-one should have to live with a dead pixel. It'd be like watching Harry Potter and 99% of the Philosophers stone.
  • Will the hacker be allowed to change the order in general rule 3? Also, will we reach enough nights for the hacker to have much of an impact (I hope so, I really do)
  • If someone was frozen and can only post one thing on that day does that mean that post must contain a vote or they will be smitten?
  • What happens if I decide to only use one of my powers when I start out with Desynchronized and it's not the right one? Will I be killed?
  • I think boolean may be too obvious when we see it. Maybe make it that people with boolean must reply Yes/No only in convos?
  • General Rule Suggestion: No anti-smites within the first 12 hours of each day unless you give the GM proof that you will be unable to vote in the last 12 hours. Doing so in the first 12 hours will forfeit your right to change your power target, or lynch vote or to even post after then.

Awesome, I was looking for some feedback.

Don't have time to reply now, but I'll answer each point later today.

Reactions: VikeStep

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Vike, two things:
-Bing is Microsoft, not Apple.
-The issue with no anti-smites within the first 12 hours of each day is that I have some semblance of a sleep schedule. I generally get off the forums between 8:30 and 10, and get back on at 7 or so. In the morning, I'm too tired to remember to vote.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
-The issue with no anti-smites within the first 12 hours of each day is that I have some semblance of a sleep schedule. I generally get off the forums between 8:30 and 10, and get back on at 7 or so. In the morning, I'm too tired to remember to vote.

Sounds like me but its more sleep at 1:30 2:00 and wake up at 6:00

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a load of stuff to respond to now. Vike first.
I'm glad someone caught that. Mmm.
I'd really prefer a forum convo. If you have absolutely no other option, then talk to me privately about it.
It's already intended to work that way, where the Admin's jailing takes place at the very end of the night. Did I not make it clear enough? I'll update the role sheet.
Almost. Because every player's condition at the game's start included "Alive", the Reboot can act as a Ret. That had to be balanced somehow. My solution was to give the Reboot a 50% chance to die each time he tried to resurrect someone, like the Doctor in Gideon's (?) game.

On a similar note, now that I think about it I shouldn't call "kills" lasting actions. That would end up with many accidental resurrections. Updated.
Amen.
Of course, as long as he only moves one word. If you want the Hacker to have more of an impact, vote here on the frequency of his power! http://strawpoll.me/2784240
Ding ding ding! Correct. I'll make sure that any frozen people know what's required.
"Spirit of Alan Turing" doesn't really roll off the tongue. :/
Nope. You'll just think you're the wrong role, and your nightly actions will have no impact on the game.

For example, say you receive a Detective and Firewall convo, and you're actually a Firewall. The Detective convo will tell you completely random roles for the people you "investigate". The Firewall convo will function as it normally would. Got it?
Yep, as long as you haven't used the extra life yet. I'd recommend holding on to the ability though.
Indeed, it will be very obvious. But who's to say they're not faking to avoid revealing information? I want to leave that one as it is.
Vike, two things:
-Bing is Microsoft, not Apple.
Trajing brings up a good point, where the game's schedule may not always match up with the player's. The Analytical software will help a bit with antismites. Players generally frown on it too, which will be the biggest deterrent.

It's a cool concept for a rule, but not really practical for an across-the-board solution. Maybe a Coder will make it happen?
The thing banned for that role is simply saying the word. just saying "I'm doing this to avoid my smiting".
Loopholes? In MY game?! Fixed!
I'm in if there's still space xD
Can I join?
There's always space! We have no shortage of graves roles.
I'm in. Also, is this based on something in particular?
its based on code m8
Skelly knows what's up.

Last edited:

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Well that's horrifyingly obvious, I was just wondering if it was based off of a book or show or some crap that's based on code.
Nope, just general code / technology. Sorry to disappoint.

If you need to believe something, though, it's based on... Cyberchase, maybe? The Matrix? Office Space?