Werewolf: Speaker for the Dead [SIGNUP]

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
@trajing , shouldn't you @ping everyone that played the previous game?

Also, I don't see the win conditions of the neutral. That annoys me.

Reactions: 016Nojr

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Depending on the role revealed the wolf can decide whether to attack again or not. Seems good.
And theoretically the protector can protect a power-role three nights in a row.

Also I had just noticed the neutral win conditions problem myself. It looks deliberate (private list of conditions). If that's how it is, we'll just need to treat sorcerers as antagonists (hidden win conditions still arent as bad as hidden powers)

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
And there we go again, where logic can't be applied.

revealing those win conditions without atributing them to a certain neutral would be nice.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
There are good and bad win conditions. (From the village's viewpoint)
Feel free to disregard this, its not super critical, just a thought:

If a sorcerer's win condition is "You must arrange the death of the investigator", can you make it public that the condition is "You will be given a role to kill. Arrange that person's death to win."

That's something we could debate about in game. "Maybe pyure voted for vikestep because pyure's a seer and his target is the investigator."

And there we go again, where logic can't be applied.
revealing those win conditions without atributing them to a certain neutral would be nice.
Becalm thyself friend :)

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
The idea is so that you don't quite know what their motives are.
Maybe if you ask really nicely, I'll give a list on day three, including unused win conditions.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The idea is so that you don't quite know what their motives are.
Maybe if you ask really nicely, I'll give a list on day three, including unused win conditions.
The issue sir is that we already don't know what everyone's motives are. That's the point of the game.

Plus, its already a mess because there's potential "traitor" abilities floating around.

I'm not saying you should change your mind or anything, I just predict a bit of strawpulling is all.

Edit: i wanna be abundantly clear that I'm not feeling bitchy or stubborn about this. I'll play whatever rules you make and be fine with it. My concerns are purely to assist you in streamlining towards the game you want to have and not the game I'm worried you might get.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
The idea is so that even their own team doesn't know what their motives are. I may or may not have put a win condition where you must kill all Sorcerers, including yourself.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The idea is so that even their own team doesn't know what their motives are. I may or may not have put a win condition where you must kill all Sorcerers, including yourself.
I sort of see your point. Normally, if the "seer" role has to kill all sorcerers, he could just say he's not a seer. But right now the team is tied together a bit weirdly (medium/servant in particular) which should tell them each other's roles I think.

But in that case, your third-day reveal would botch this setup anyway.

Edit: WIthout knowing the conditions, I don't have any good suggestions to achieve your goal with public versions. Who cares, it'll be fun :)

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, that's enough, you three.
When you're using a golem, be sure to leave your conversations at the end! Otherwise, the golem will remember and the next person will be able to see!