Werewolf: Speaker for the Dead [SIGNUP]

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
You live in a town, under attack by werewolves and influenced by a mysterious group of sorcerers. Are you part of the town? Are you a werewolf? Or are you one of the mysterious sorcerers?
Role List (HTMLView Mirror)
Days end at 4:00 PM Central, and the first day takes 48 hours instead of 24. On the first day, nobody can be smited, their votes simply count as votes for nobody.
Game starts in 12 hours or whenever I have time, whichever comes last.
Signed Up Players:
@SpwnX
@Pyure
@Strikingwolf
@chbachman
@016Nojr
@coolsquid321
@LivingAngryCheese
@Shazam08
@the_j485
@Gideonseymour
@Eruantien
@xTordX
@RJS
@VikeStep
@SoraZodia
@Nisteth
@HeilMewTwo
@II_The_Codes

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hey @SpwnX, check out the Protector role and despair :p

Also: Interesting Citizen role. That's a bit new to me.

Also: you might miss this unless you pan to the right. The Investigator rule notes strongly imply that you will always get a villager+nonvillager ambiguity. So you'll see "Pyure is either a citizen or a commander" and never "Pyure is either a citizen or a priest."

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I saw that role @Pyure. I flinched a bit but whatever. I'll try to deal with it in a more manageable way.

Maybe allow the wolves to steal the vests if they kill the protector?
I'd (personally) be ok with that if a vested wolf's role was revealed on protected death. "Pyure was lynched but saved by a bulletproof vest. Pyure is a Commander!". Its a bit of a compromise.

( I also had to triple-check if the vest protects from lynching; it seems to )

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @SpwnX, check out the Protector role and despair :p

Also: Interesting Citizen role. That's a bit new to me.

Also: you might miss this unless you pan to the right. The Investigator rule notes strongly imply that you will always get a villager+nonvillager ambiguity. So you'll see "Pyure is either a citizen or a commander" and never "Pyure is either a citizen or a priest."
I saw it and flinched a bit... the imitator could turn into a second protector and then we have an armor feast.

Allowing the wolves to steal those armors would be best (upon killing the protector).

Edit: I just had to rewrite this because it somehow got deleted.

Also vests protecting only from wolfkills throws balance out of the window again.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I saw it and flinched a bit... the imitator could turn into a second protector and then we have an armor feast.

Allowing the wolves to steal those armors would be best (upon killing the protector).
Fine.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
There's still several non-murder/lynch ways to die though. Fool, veteran, bodyguard, jailor each have killing powers.

But if wolves can steal that power and their roles aren't revealed when they leverage it, its going to get messy like the last game (especially if they kill protector very early in the game)

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Protection powers are awful to deal.
I think the best is: If protector is attacked he automatically uses one of his vests, but also loses the others ( if any is remaining) to the wolves. His role will also be revealed as usual.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You want my opinion? Keep it simple. Let them steal just one vest.

If anyone survives an attack due to vest, their role should be revealed. If its a power role, too bad, it beats being killed immediately. That should make Spwnx happy.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Trajing, honestly, any of these ideas are good. Take what appeals to you and we'll work with it and try to kill Spwnx early so he cant complain too much.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Depending on the role revealed the wolf can decide whether to attack again or not. Seems good.

I'm not complaining. I just want a balanced game. we dont even have the roles so you can't accuse me of bias aswell.