Werewolf Round 4 - Dishonored Edition! - Signup - DELAYED - NEED 2-5 MORE PEOPLE

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I wanna be a Granny with a Whale Eye...k? :D

Weepers

Staxed's Granny - Starts with twenty runes, and is invulnerable to all attacks. Cannot be lynched. Has infinite lynch votes. If attacked, gains 20 bone charms. Gets a whale eye and a corrupted charm after five minutes of the game starting. Indestructible. Everyone in the game must mention this role in their posts or they all die. Speaks to the Outsider. Dies from old age on day 1.[DOUBLEPOST=1378844749][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was TOLD that Whalers had chainsaw cannons, however upon looking this up, I found NO SUCH THING. LIAR.

Their sawblades act as guns and melee weapons. The melee part is designed for slicing through skin or bone, and the ranged part is for slicing up bone that's too far away for the butcher to reach.

Also, the whalers are the assassins. The butchers are the guys who cut up the whales.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Weepers

Staxed's Granny - Starts with twenty runes, and is invulnerable to all attacks. Cannot be lynched. Has infinite lynch votes. If attacked, gains 20 bone charms. Gets a whale eye and a corrupted charm after five minutes of the game starting. Indestructible. Everyone in the game must mention this role in their posts or they all die. Speaks to the Outsider. Dies from old age on day 1.[DOUBLEPOST=1378844749][/DOUBLEPOST]

Their sawblades act as guns and melee weapons. The melee part is designed for slicing through skin or bone, and the ranged part is for slicing up bone that's too far away for the butcher to reach.

Also, the whalers are the assassins. The butchers are the guys who cut up the whales.

DAYUM! DEM (CIRCULAR NOT CHAIN) SAWS!

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Updated the items page and the mad survivor role. I forgot to give the earned requirement for all the items, and Staxed made me realize that no roles started with bone charms or runes.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Weepers

So even though I die on the first day, if all of the City Watch forgets to mention my role during the game, I still win. I can live with that :D

Reactions: PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Changes!

The grand overseer is now gone.

The lord regent now has the same win conditions as all other members of the city watch.

There is now a 6th rule.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I really frakking love this set-up, but it is a bit complex, and I'm really invested in making sure everyone who plays has a clear idea of what's going on. To that end, I have a few suggestions on how to preempt possible sources of confusion:

I know I already asked this, but I'm anticipating a bit of confusion over that "Speaks to the Outsider" phrasing. Maybe a slightly different wording would make it more obvious that it's a characteristic, rather than a power in itself? Perhaps "Chosen/Touched/Blessed/Cursed/Valued/Prized by the Outsider", "Instrument of the Outsider", "Outsider Affiliation", etc.?

Second, a few of the roles and items are a bit unclear, especially the ones with a lot of moving parts (I'm thinking of Demoted Assassin right now, but there are others). Upping the word count on a few of them might be a good idea, as would formatting them in a way that makes patterns/parallels clear (e.g. that "Outsider" characteristic could appear as a "tag" of sorts: [Touched by the Outsider] or the like. Regarding items, maybe include how the item is acquired next to each one (even when you're just repeating something already mentioned in the Roles section)?[DOUBLEPOST=1378834200][/DOUBLEPOST]

Ninja'd ;)

I really hope people are up for the complexity of this: These roles are quite well-balanced, the interactions are very interesting, and a lot of these mechanics are pure genius (I absolutely love the radio broadcast---have I mentioned that?).

Apparently I missed the entire second page. Added GPuzzle and Jess... sorry about that.

And I'm working on that Eunomiac. When I get home, that is.[DOUBLEPOST=1378984577][/DOUBLEPOST]Edited things! Clarifications, and all the "Speaks to the Outsider" roles.

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
\o\ |o| /o/
You know what I mean. :p

Just rememebr that you do have to describe the roles and everything,s o don't get too carried away. :p

Reactions: PeggleFrank