Werewolf Organisation: Electric Boogaloo Redux

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I'm starting to think that David shouldn't have control over the posts and votes because that way he could learn the identity of the player.
There's no way to give him complete control and have him not know who he's controlling. Why does he need that restriction anyway?

I think you can go two ways with it. You can give him complete control, provided that the controlled player has some way to fight it and potentially break it (such as the shrunken head example). Or you scale it back to night abilities only, in which case ToS's witch does an excellent job as a mechanic that's not complicated and easy to specify.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
RJS said:
There's no way to give him complete control and have him not know who he's controlling. Why does he need that restriction anyway?

I think you can go two ways with it. You can give him complete control, provided that the controlled player has some way to fight it and potentially break it (such as the shrunken head example). Or you scale it back to night abilities only, in which case ToS's witch does an excellent job as a mechanic that's not complicated and easy to specify.
The ToS witch will probably be good enough to be honest.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I just went back and revisited that old thread with the Shrunken Head. The wolf team was really running the whole show until Vike as the Lone Wolf began ratting us out one by one to somebody who was being spammed with death prevention...ah good times...

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Cool! Most of my questions have already been asked, too. \o/

1. David- Could you update David's description to reflect the change to ToS witch?
  2. Sofie- It may be unwise to have the wolfkill linked to one player. What happens if Sofie does early?
  3. Ulisses/Hemsey- Just to confirm, do your bodyguard roles die on a successful protection? Do they kill the attacker?
  4. Want me to add you to the queue? You'd be after RJS.

I recently played a game on MU called Poisonous Mafia. I really enjoyed the setup. Might be nice to run here as well:
http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/2816-Poisonous-Mafia-7-15-16
Looks neat. Times get tough when the Healer dies. :p

Are you volunteering to host? If not, I can throw the link somewhere in the OP.

Last edited:

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill

1. David- Could you update David's description to reflect the change to ToS witch?
  2. Sofie- It may be unwise to have the wolfkill linked to one player. What happens if Sofie does early?
  3. Ulisses/Hemsey- Just to confirm, do your bodyguard roles die on a successful protection? Do they kill the attacker?

1. I tought I ddi?
2. I'll make Sofie be able to kill someone once per game and give an actual wolfkill.
3. They die and kill the attacker
4. Yes

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019

I don't know if I will have time to host. I might do, when it comes up to that game ping me and I will see.

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
I'm interested in what you guys here think about closed setups. (because I might be hosting one. maybe)

I don't think there's ever been a closed setup game on here, so that's why I'm asking you guys. JUst in case you don't know, a closed setup basically means you aren't told what roles are going to be in the game. So no rolesheets for you.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Hmm, would it be interesting to give everyone role info on two additional roles that are in the game as well in their role convo, besides their own role?

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, would it be interesting to give everyone role info on two additional roles that are in the game as well in their role convo, besides their own role?
Well that would be interesting, but that would just allow everyone to claim what other 2 roles they know about on D1. Then we'd know all the roles. On D1.
Conversely, if they only know their own role they probably wouldn't claim it out loud, and even if they do, the Mafia have room to make up their own roles and such.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
I'm interested in what you guys here think about closed setups. (because I might be hosting one. maybe)

I don't think there's ever been a closed setup game on here, so that's why I'm asking you guys. JUst in case you don't know, a closed setup basically means you aren't told what roles are going to be in the game. So no rolesheets for you.
I'm pretty sure we've had some before, and I'll find one for you later if I can.

If you want to do one, though, I feel like you'll want to screenshot some kind of rolesheet (to reveal at the end) before the game begins. That way your players know you aren't making stuff up on the fly.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Well that would be interesting, but that would just allow everyone to claim what other 2 roles they know about on D1. Then we'd know all the roles. On D1.
Conversely, if they only know their own role they probably wouldn't claim it out loud, and even if they do, the Mafia have room to make up their own roles and such.
The two* roles would be random. Some might get snitched more than 5 times. Some might not be known of at all.

*Maybe just one would be better.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

I hate it. I played a game with @Zexy once, and ended up mislynching him partly because I claimed "psychiatrist" (which was my role), and he called bullshit that such a role existed or was likely to be in the game.
It was sufficiently depressing that I haven't played there since.

Reactions: Robijnvogel